What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
Remember how we used to take champions league, and the champions league-level transfer targets for granted? #5times

Dragon Jim

Juniors
I am ageing waaaay to quickly watching these games...

Now functioning on 3 hours sleep, but totally worth it!

saint.nick

Coach
Yep, not only is top 4 secured, but straight qualification. f**k yeah. 3 more cup finals, but I don't think today is what Gerrard meant by 'going again'. That was a massive ball of nerves f**kery.

saint.nick

Coach
Can't believe how much has changed over one season. I've gone from stressing about trying to qualify for top 4, to stressing about winning the league while UCL qualification lays in the back of the mind as some minuscule kind of achievement.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Haha it's a fantastic stress to have isn't it. Reminds me of last year with the chooks in the NRL and Ravens year before that in SuperBowl. Nerves are copping a pasting!

How good has Raheem been back end of this year. Easily been out best the last 3 games. BR has him absolutely firing!

saint.nick

Coach
I'm so pissed I missed that goal, and you'll find out why the word 'pissed' is ironic in the next sentence. I was f*cking busting, had to go, but I thought, 'what's the f**king bet they score while I'm gone'...sure enough, I come back and see Raheem celebrating on the television. What a goal.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Haha I did that last week with Couts winner against City. Went for a loss and came back to see it was 3-2. Raheem's all round play has been fantastic and now he's finishing is really coming along, we'll have a real gem on out hands. He, Luis, Couts and Sturridge could destroy sides for years to come hopefully.

saint.nick

Coach
They will build a fantastic core with Henderson that BR can maintain, and then buy new players around that core, rather than doing a spurs.

thorson1987

Coach
This is what is required to become champions next weekend.

For the optimists out there, if Man City drop points at West Brom on Monday night, and Liverpool beat Chelsea next Sunday, then the Reds would be champions if City fail to win at Palace, also next Sunday afternoon (4.10pm kick-off).

thorson1987

Coach
This on tonight if anyone was interested in watching it.

10:30om on Fox Sports 3.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hillsborough-disaster-liverpool-football-legends-3187190

Liverpool football legends to play in special match at Anfield to mark 25th anniversary of Hillsborough disaster

Feb 27, 2014 00:26 By Luke Traynor

The match will be played on Easter Monday and will feature Kop legends including Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Jamie Carragher and John Barnes

Liverpool football legends from home and abroad will play a special one-off match at Anfield to mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster in April.

One team will be managed by Kenny Dalglish and feature Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Jamie Carragher and John Barnes.

The international side, led by Gerard Houllier, will star ex-players including Dietmar Hamann, Luis Garcia and Jan Molby for an occasion to remember the quarter of a century since 96 fans were crushed to death on the terraces of the Sheffield stadium.

The match will be played on Easter Monday with proceeds going to the Hillsborough Family Support Group and the club charity, the Liverpool FC Foundation, which helps communities in the region.

Margaret Aspinall, Chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, and who lost her son James, 18, in the crushes, said: "We wanted to host an event to celebrate the lives of the 96 and give people the opportunity to come to Anfield for a fun afternoon.

"We've decided to split the proceeds with LFC's Foundation so it will not only support the families but also support the future generations within the Liverpool community.

"It's great to see the current and former Liverpool players showing their support in numbers and I hope a lot of people will come along to join us on the day."

Dalglish added: "This is a great opportunity for the families and fans to come together at Anfield for a celebration in honour of the 96.

"Everyone here at Liverpool Football Club is behind this event and it is also great to see so many former players travelling in to make this a special day."

Tickets will initially be available to season ticket holders and LFC members from Friday, with a general sale to follow on March 10.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...erpool-football-legends-3187190#ixzz2zUqtR1yG
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Have set up the IQ to record it.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
It's great to keep possession and dictate terms to the opposition, but we have been caught a few times in defence which sends the blood pressure through the roof!! Sure, hold on to the ball, but for the love of the football gods get the ball out of there!!!

3 Cup finals to go!

Dragon Jim

Juniors
On a side note, where do you all watch the games?

Being in Sydney with 2 young sons, Cheers Bar isnt the most practical for me, so ive been going to Bankstown Sports Club with a great little setup in the Sports Bar. Still a pretty good atmosphere with under 100 people or so there.

cb4

First Grade
It's great to keep possession and dictate terms to the opposition, but we have been caught a few times in defence which sends the blood pressure through the roof!! Sure, hold on to the ball, but for the love of the football gods get the ball out of there!!!

3 Cup finals to go!

Agree mate. We fart about too much.

I can never understand Migs trying to be a distributor, kick the thing down the other end of the field. Especially 3-2 up with 5 to go.

Also, his goal kicks are attrocious.

However, I am not writing him off, he is a tremendous shot stopper. Just needs to control the 6 yard box better.

saint.nick

Coach
I get so frustrated with his distribution sometimes. I'm always yelling 'You practise this every day ffs'

Foz

Bench
We stuffed around building up from the back when Pepe was there as well and have been caught out. (Reina was better with his feet than Mignolet though).
It'll cost us.
Let's just hope it's not in the next few weeks we get caught.
Some pretty impressive first touches have saved us most times.
In fact the first touch of this side has been a highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts