What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gee god is still beautiful to watch from the penalty spot, even if he's trying to catch Molby in the fat stakes haha. Poor john bishop as well, would've been an absolute screamer of a goal.

Luis Garcia still looks bloody 20 as well.

saint.nick

Coach
What do you all think of the new looking Main Stand grahic that was released today? I can't wait to see the Anfield Road end too.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Looks good, j think it's a much better proposal then starting from scratch at Stanley park. Taking the capacity to 60k will be good aswell. Shame the local councils have said there's not adequate transport to support any bigger.

saint.nick

Coach
Lol mark my words, in EVENTUAL time, the centenary stand and the Kop will expand as well. I don't know when, but they will! Besides, trying to rush to over 70 K would just be stupid. We'd be selling our best players like stupid Arsenal have done to finance it.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah I read earlier that the city has plans to expand both goodison and Anfield but its going to be done In stages as the public transport is an issue as it wouldn't be able to cope as it is with big ass stadia. It's definitly a more sensible approach than what Hicks & Gillette proposed. Plus we stay at Anfield. Can't argue with that.

thorson1987

Coach
Looks like it going to take a miracle now.

Either way, I'm proud of this season.

At the beginning I would have been happy with 4th-5th.

But to still be in the title race up until the end.

Foz

Bench
They need to put a few amplifiers around Goodison so they give an atmosphere of them having supporters that you can hear.
I thought they must have had the cone of silence over the place last night.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'm a pessimist but I have a really bad feeling about the Palace game too. They are very solid team especially at home and there is going to massive pressure on us to come up with the goods..

I could see us slipping to third tbh, but I guess there isn't a substantial difference finishing 2nd or 3rd it still isn't 1st. Regardless it's been an outstanding season and we well and truly punched above our weight!

saint.nick

Coach
Nah we'll beat them 9-0.

Like I said in another thread, this isn't Fergie's United. Fergie's United would have comfortably cruised at Everton. City weren't convincing, and you just never know what will happen at the two Etihad games. There's only goal difference in this.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
So.... I was just thinking it would be a damn good week for Andy Carroll to pay back the $35 million and some buy putting a few goals in the back.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I don't want to jump the gun but it looks like we have our two first signings of the transfer season signed up, just need to sort out the final nuts and bolts..

Adam Lallana- been very impressive this season for Southampton, will add another genuine creative spark in midfield, should link well with Coutinho and the SSS connection

Emre Can- looks a perfect replacement for Lucas in the deep CM role, and will in a couple of years time hopefully be a long term replacement for Gerrard.. Very highly rated German talent and still only 20, can play as a CB, LB, CM (deep or up the field) suggested we are trying to get him for $12 million, could prove a bargain long term imo

Heavily linked to a left winger Greizmann, Shaqiri (either would be lovely) and also desperately need a new RB and LB

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I thought Bayern were going to stop the Can attempt. Have we gone back to Southampton with an improved 20 million plus second bid?

Don't know enough about Can to comment but would love the Lallana deal to go ahead. Don't like the reported 25 million they want for him but that's what it's going to take. We love our English players don't we.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Poch is holding up the Lallana deal till (and if) he signs with Spurs and wants the option of bringing him and others with him. Not really sure why or where he would fit in as we have way too many Lallanas in our squad already.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Hopefully the lure of CL will be more tempting than following a manager. Still a chance to stay at saints as well. They really have no need to sell their captain. Particularly when it looks certain they'll lose shaw to United, schneiderlein(sp?) to the arse is a rumour as well.

We've been mentioned with Lovren as well I think.

None of it matters til July 1st anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Soton have to sell as their main funding has been significantly reduced, one of the reasons Poch wants out.

Basically everyone is for sale from what I have heard.

Also you guys are apparently after Jake Livermore whom we loaned out to Hull last season.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Unfortunately for them it looks as if Soton are going to be pulled apart after a really positive season for them.

Lallana to Liverpool I think will go ahead for $20-22 million which I think although is at the upper end of what he is worth isn't overs as some have suggested in the media..

It just makes more sense that he would choose pool over Spurs, we have CL and as Twizzle said Spurs already have a stack of players similar to Lallana whereas at pool he would only have competition from Coutinho and possibly Suso if he returns.

Poch to Spurs is obviously a big factor though I doubt a big enough one to convince Lallana to go there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.