What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really not sure we would bid that sort of money for some one to warm the bench. Paulinho, Eriksen and Dembele are the top 3 fighting for 2 spots, then there is Lamela, Siggy, Holtby, Bentelab, Sandro, Capou and a heap of others coming back from loans including Livermore and Prichard. These are all central players.

Poch may want him but Levy wont, the only thing has has going for him would be the fact that he is English, but we got a ton of home made players.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What's the significance of July 1st?

Transfer window actually being open. and if we've learnt anything nick, it's that us Red fans shouldn't get excited by transfer targets until we see them with the gaffer at melwood signing the contract.

It's a shame the saints will be picked apart tbh. Really liked watching them this season, thought MoPo did a fantastic job. Can see why the spuds want him, nice style of play.

On the Can transfer, we haven't even approached Leverkusen yet to discuss a deal, so that ones a fair way off. Love the reports in Bild saying we have a 10m deal all wrapped up and accepted haha.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I know we put in a rumoured 20 mill first offer that they laughed at, like Twiz said, until, the issue with Poch is sorted I can't see anything happening. I know we can agree a deal in principle but until we can actually register the transfer then it's all talk.

We'll most certainly have no worries for home grown player in the CL as well, sturridge, Gerrard, sterling, Hendo, Flanno, Johnson, Allen and possibly Lallana.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It probably wont take long to get sorted as from what I am hearing our manager should be sorted in a week or so as we have gone back to FVB for a quick chat this week but some are saying Poch is done in principal and just thrashing out the minor details.

I would say Lallana will be with you guys pretty soon after that. If we look at any mids they will be wide players (wingers). Our focus will probably be on strikers and a left back and probably reducing the size of our squad as we have acadmy players to try and retain as well.

I dont think we will see the usual (insert player name here) being targeted by Liverpool and Tottenham this window.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Haha what will the English press do without the usual link one then link the other club the next day to same players.

Would love to have Lallana all wrapped up before WC, if you think it'll happen pretty quickly after Poch moves, then get a move on Levy :D

Quite a few sides looking for LB's this window as well. I know it's an area for us as well.

Big Sam

First Grade
Got a feeling we'll put a cheeky bid in for Toure Yaya especially given the events of this week and given this quote from his manager:
"If a player like Yaya went to Liverpool and they won the league after 24 years, I think Yaya can be a god in Liverpool."

You'd only get 2 decent years out of him but they could very well be PL-winning years.

Maybe Kolo will prove useful for something after all :lol:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Been linked with Pedro overnight for a move of around $25million... It looks like Southampton are refusing to budge on there valuation of Lallana (also 25) so we are looking for alternatives...

Pedro is proven class and you would have to assume would link exceptionally well with Coutinho and the SSS- only concern I have is Lallana is more adaptable as he can play in the hole whereas Pedro is for of a winger/second striker where we are already pretty well stocked.

Would be stoked with this signing as long as we have another player in mind to fill that number 10/creative position

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Been linked with Pedro overnight for a move of around $25million... It looks like Southampton are refusing to budge on there valuation of Lallana (also 25) so we are looking for alternatives...

Pedro is proven class and you would have to assume would link exceptionally well with Coutinho and the SSS- only concern I have is Lallana is more adaptable as he can play in the hole whereas Pedro is for of a winger/second striker where we are already pretty well stocked.

Would be stoked with this signing as long as we have another player in mind to fill that number 10/creative position

Depth cuz, depth. At the moment, any signing in any position is needed. We're not some kind of conveyer belt team like City with massive depth, it definitely wouldn't hurt at all to have Pedro!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Soton desperately need the money and its too early in the TW to start dropping your price. You still got tons of time.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Yer you both make good points- but we have to be extremely smart with how we spend our money this window. It is a critical time for Liverpool we have come off a great season however all the other big clubs are going to improve so we have to lift it up a notch as well.

The papers are saying we have $70 million to spend which can get us a number of decent players but it pales to what City/Utd/Chelsea will be spending. So we can't just go splashing out $25 of that on Pedro as a 'depth' singing it needs to be a strategic one. The bigger clubs can do that they can throw away $20 mill and if the player doesn't work out it's no biggie because there will be more money there next time.

In Rogers we trust!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Emre Can is a Dm isn't he ?

whereas Lallana is a CM

Are you guys looking at both ?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Can comes it almost certainly means the end of Lucas for us.

If we are looking at any winger from barca, it better be Sanchez. Even tho I think both Pedro and Sanchez will be too pricey for us, if we were to go after one of much prefer Sanchez. Apparently we've reignited our interest in Konoplyanka as well. Could just be the press rehashing some January news tho.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lucas had it before the injury layoff. He was terrier for us sitting deep. My only criticism of him is his size. I want my CDM to have some size to them, like Matic, Martinez and even the young bloke we're looking at in Can. He was dominated physically too many times for us.

His breaking up of play and keeping Yaya quiet in one the city matches shows his worth. Just didn't happen enough so it's time to go.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haha what will the English press do without the usual link one then link the other club the next day to same players.

Would love to have Lallana all wrapped up before WC, if you think it'll happen pretty quickly after Poch moves, then get a move on Levy :D

Quite a few sides looking for LB's this window as well. I know it's an area for us as well.

Just an update, looks like Poch is done and dusted and should be announced soon, part of the deal is he wants to bring players, about 3 or 4 including Lallana.

The other 3 a striker, CB and left mid we are OK with but we dont want Lallana as he wont improve our squad as we have an abundance of central players. Looks like he'll be all yours.

All rumours of course about the players but Poch seems done.

Status
Not open for further replies.