What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Won the away leg of that Europa game this morning 3-1.
Went behind early thanks to our normal pathetic defending from set plays(zonal rubbish-one day a stronger side will kill us because of it).
Their goal sprung us into action and we replied with a nice goal from Mascherano,a bit of skill from Babel and Gerrard forcing the issue with a drive off the keeper.
Didnt play that well and lucky the opposition wasnt stronger.
Didnt need to use Torres (who was on the bench)either so that was a positive.Babels last 2 games have been encouraging too.

nibbs

Bench
wigan win 1-0 against the homos.

ucl football looks a long way off in 2010/11 for the red side of liverpool.

lol.

What can you possibly say about that performance that hasn't been said?

So the Europa is the only thing to play for and with our current away form who knows what sort of deficit we'll come back from France with.

This season has been a complete turnaround in fortunes for us.

Things could be worse though……… I could support Man-U.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I don't think its that much of a surprise when you look at Liverpool's roster. They have two world class players in Torres and Gerrard and both have been injured/out of form this season.

So what you're left with is a few other decent but not outstanding players, and the rest are really very mediocre.

HevyDevy

Coach
I don't think its that much of a surprise when you look at Liverpool's roster. They have two world class players in Torres and Gerrard and both have been injured/out of form this season.

So what you're left with is a few other decent but not outstanding players, and the rest are really very mediocre.

Unfortunately you're right.

I really hope Hicks and Gillett sell. Their financial woes and bickering isn't doing anything to help.

Red Bear

Referee

Agger and Mascherano are pretty damn good, although Masch was also out of form early season, and Bennynoon has been excellent when fit.

But yes, a good structure and a team that new how to play together compensated for much of this last year, Alonso's sale threw the key to this structure out and the buying of a guy who wasnt going to be fit at all has just compounded this, along with some people haveing sh*t season.

Hopefully play Martin Kelly a bit in the next few weeks, damn good player

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Agger and Mascherano are pretty damn good, although Masch was also out of form early season, and Bennynoon has been excellent when fit.

But yes, a good structure and a team that new how to play together compensated for much of this last year, Alonso's sale threw the key to this structure out and the buying of a guy who wasnt going to be fit at all has just compounded this, along with some people haveing sh*t season.

Hopefully play Martin Kelly a bit in the next few weeks, damn good player

Agger is nothing special, and this year has shown that Alonso made Mascherano look good (amongst others). IMO Masch is a very overrated player who has a bad habit of making terrible tackles and getting himself sent off. Offers next to nothing going forward either. I think he's reasonably good in defence when in form, and covers alot of ground but has a habit of mistiming tackles. He is not a patch on the best DM's in the world - the likes of Essien, De Rossi, Cambiasso etc.

Benayoun is a good player I agree, Martin Kelly I have not seen.

What I don't understand is why you would buy a midfielder for 20 million Euros and leave him on the bench all year even when he's fit. Even more especially when the alternative is Lucas? Simply does not compute, it's madness.

fish eel

Immortal
Agger is nothing special, and this year has shown that Alonso made Mascherano look good (amongst others). IMO Masch is a very overrated player who has a bad habit of making terrible tackles and getting himself sent off. Offers next to nothing going forward either. I think he's reasonably good in defence when in form, and covers alot of ground but has a habit of mistiming tackles. He is not a patch on the best DM's in the world - the likes of Essien, De Rossi, Cambiasso etc.

What I don't understand is why you would buy a midfielder for 20 million Euros and leave him on the bench all year even when he's fit. Even more especially when the alternative is Lucas? Simply does not compute, it's madness.

Yeah, whats the go with that?

Liverpool fans point to their owners as the problem, but Rafa has pissed away a lot of money on poor transfers

He was only £16 Million First of all.

Second he just isn't in-form to play at EPL level.

I'm sure if things went to plan every game and Liverpool were in control both of the play and the scoreboard we would have seen a lot more of Alberto.

But things as they stand it would be like throwing him to the lions. And the last thing we need at the moment is another player with zero confidence.

Last edited:
Last night we just looked really scared.

No spirit, no fight and no way forward. I really don't know what Raffa is going to
do to get us out of this slump.

The ONLY player to stand up was again Mascherano. He was everywhere, chasing people back and winning the ball strongly.

People the post on this board that continually bag the bloke need to open their f**king eyes. Mascherano is 5'8 of passion and tenacity. He may not have the silky skills of Xavi or Iniesta. But he more than makes up for it in commitment and a competitive drive that I wish some more of the Liverpool players would show.

So basically f**k off if you don't like him, he's LIVERPOOL and he's f**king BOSS.

Red Bear

Referee

Agger is an excellent ball playing centre back.

Mascherano is more a pure defensive midfielder, which worked very well alongside Alonso, not nearly the same alongside Lucas. Dont compare anyone to Essien, he's a freak.

Yes, its a sh*thouse transfer. And i suspect Rafa lost the dressing room quite a while ago. We still lifted for matches against the merkin teams like Manure and Everton, but against everyone else we've been mediocre at best.

A squad that played above itself last year (helped greatly by Gerrard Torres Alonso) playing below itself this season.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He was only £16 Million First of all.

Second he just isn't in-form to play at EPL level.

I'm sure if things went to plan every game and Liverpool were in control both of the play and the scoreboard we would have seen a lot more of Alberto.

But things as they stand it would be like throwing him to the lions. And the last thing we need at the moment is another player with zero confidence.

Mate, there is no way Aquilani could do any worse than Lucas. Against Wigan he was your best player when coming off the bench.

There are no excuses for leaving him out, its just ridiculous.

BTW the Aquilani deal was as follows:

Four cash instalments of:
- - 5 million EURO upfront
- - 3 million EURO by 4th January 2010
- - 7 million EURO by June 30th 2010
- - 5 million EURO by June 30th 2011

Further add-ons include:

- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

- 5% of any future transfer fee will be paid to Roma.

These numbers are from official statement released by AS Roma.

Jimbo

Immortal
- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

Well there's a bit of savings right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts