What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolesi

First Grade
1-1 vs Stoke, we got unlucky.

Lucas was a penalty, instead he got a yellow and Dirks post hit at the end was unfortunate.

Though when you play a team having Degen and Auriello as your wingers and Lucas in the centre of the midfield i guess it is a good result.

Why have those players in those positions when you have Maxi who can play on the right, Reira who plays on the left and Aqua who should be ahead of Lucas everytime... It is so frustrating atm.

Foz

Bench
Strange game last night.We had 56 per cent of possession and they had 10 corners to nil.
Rafa again leaves the Aquaman on the bench despite us having Johnson,Torres,Gerrard,Yossi out(missed where Agger was too).
His whinge the other week about the ref being perfect cost us too.
Claims for 2 penalties were never going to be given by that ref if they were or not.
He gave Lucas a yellow for the first one so why wasnt he sent for the second one?Kuyt shouldve buried it anyway but thats Kuyt.
Maxi didnt show too much either but given hes only been here 5 minutes I'll reserve the judgement on him for another day.

Knightmare

Coach
Typical Liverpool game today- a game we are meant to be write-offs for, but end up winning it 2-0. Maybe there'll be Champions League action for the Reds after all?

Foz

Bench
Everton(home)Man City and Arsenal (away) in succession coming up soon.
No chance of winning all 3 unless Gerrard and Torres can get back.
Spurs played better football than us yesterday but failed to make real chances(sounds like us)but we grafted it out.
Can only do that for so long until it catches up with us.Need the talent back ASAP.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Its fortunate in a way that injuries have occurred at a time where we haven't played much football due to postponed matches and being knocked out of the FA Cup early, so we don't have to play too many matches without Gerrard and Torres.

Foz

Bench
Played ok last night but we still have defensive issues.A lot of other sides would have taken advantage of this last night but not Bolton.
I reckon Kuyt had the best game Ive ever seen him play.Certainly way less errors than usual.
Our 2nd goal was a fluke but as soon as Bolton stopped their man marking of Gerrard and replaced the guy that was on him we looked a thousand times better.
Still missing Yossi,Torres,Johnson etc.
Got the derby next week at home with Man City and Arsenal coming up away and a Europa game in between.
This draw will really show if we can nab 4th spot.
Still think we are up against it.

Red Bear

Referee
beat Everton overnight after having a man sent off in a fiery derby encounter in which atkinson had a sh*tter as a ref.

Good win tho, always good to knock off those bluesh*tes

Foz

Bench
Beaten 1-0 this morning by Arsenal.
Probably 2nd best on the day and didnt really come to life until they scored.
We were still missing Yossi Johnson Torres plus the Aquaman and our big Greek defender but at least we had a go.
Babel hit the post late and thought we would of got something out of a save from Faberge at the end especially as he wasnt in goals but thats the way our lucks gone this year.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yes, well I expect nothing from us anymore so it was no surprise to go down.

Not sure how the ref misses that at the end of the game - his hand was up there for about 5 seconds - but too late to worry now.

I'm more annoyed at losing to the side I despise above and beyond all others. I wonder if Wenger is going to find anything to whinge about again? Wouldn't be like him not to.

Nevcost

Juniors
I had faith with rafa, now it's lost. Our team is too defensive with two DM players and one striker, rafa's sprouting crap say that we're a attacking team. I would rather Guus Hiddink, Frank Rijkaard, Jose Mourinho or even Sven Goran Erikkson over Rafa now.

I had faith with rafa, now it's lost. Our team is too defensive with two DM players and one striker, rafa's sprouting crap say that we're a attacking team. I would rather Guus Hiddink, Frank Rijkaard, Jose Mourinho or even Sven Goran Erikkson over Rafa now.

You my learned friend are a Tool.

As for the team played in the Europa last night.
Beat Unirea 1-0. Bossed the game at every point, just couldn't
put the ball in the back of the net. Mascherano has hit a top form and
Although I can't believe I'm going to say it N'gog was strong up front
alone.

There are some real issues with Reira on the left and Aquilani in the middle. Both of them are really struggled to string any passes together or
have any positive impact on the game. Given the opposition things don't look good for the game against City on the weekend.

Also have to comment on Gerrard's form. Maybe I'm just used to him playing sensational but he's not looking happy at all at the moment. No Torres ahead of him and no Alonso to play that through ball to him. He scored 24 goals last year he was clinical in front of goal.
Last night he had 2 clear header’s that he would have slammed home last year, but they ended up well wide. He’s just not

Maybe I've just been in England for too long and the national past time of whining is starting to rub off on me.

But with Yossi due back and Torres and Johnson on the mend we might just make 4th.

Foz

Bench
One striker again at home in a first leg of a Euro competition.
Never a fan of Rafa and never will be Im afraid.
Riera and thhe Aquaman may of been ordinary but what have they got to aim at?A rookie striker covered by 3-5 defenders.
We might win this comp we may not but Rafas tactics have already blastered us out of all the other competitions.
Been waiting for a better option as a manager and quite frankly its not real hard to pick one and not that I want Sven but he's got nothing to beat on this years effort.
Rafa works hard but so does the guy in charge of Pompey.
Time for a change.

Foz

Bench
One ordinary game this morning against City.
We had 2 shots on to one and 4 shots off to 3 but in reality no real scoring chances at all.
One dull and boring draw.
Only good news was Yossi and Torres put in appearances in the second half.
While Kuyt has improved a bit lately(not so much in this game)Lucas was terrible again.Mind you there were errors all over the park so he wasnt Robinson Crusoe.
Both teams may have been better to stay at home and just share the points.

Ridders

Coach
Was great to see Torres back. He's still a while away from getting back to full match fitness.

It's so frustrating. Over the course of the last two seasons, Torres has gone along the following cyclical path;

1) Get's injured.
2) Comes back. Looks very rusty
3) Working his way back to match fitness (is usefull but still not at his deadly best)
4) Is nearly fully fit and beginning to bang in the goals consistently
5) Get's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts