What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ye Shewen

gryphonz

Juniors
Don't you get it? I'm calling you a bigot if your reasoning cannot be applied by you personally if your opinions are biased and you can't apply your argument for all cases that fit your criteria.
I thought you'd have understood the trap by now but you just kept walking.

Last edited:

First Grade
Seems like you're arguing against nothing.

Is it possible she used drugs: Yes.

Is it possible she didn't use drugs: Yes.

Is it possible all athletes use drugs: Yes.

Is it possible all athletes don't use drugs: Yes.

Anything in between and personal opinions formed then is simply up to the individual? You would need to look at the evidence at hand, and at the end of the day, only one person probably really knows if she cheated.

Totally false point, athletes have indeed been caught using drugs, so the bolded point is a total fabrication to try and get a point across.

gryphonz

Juniors
My bad Bretto, i thought you were Karl :p

Oh well, if you base it on those criteria, I can make the rest of my argument fit you as well.

Bretto

Bench
9701, that's a good point. Makes sense now I read it back.

gryphonz, mine and Karl's avatar's are similar. You're way too far into the physcology of things for this little duck. You can argue anything really, lawyers make a living off it.

I guess we'll discover in a few years if she actually did use drugs through testing in the future.

For mine, the fact that China employed Australia's best swimming coaches, and sent their athletes here with unlimited money, their own chefs, dieticians, massueres, physio's, phsycologists etc etc leads me to believe that preperation and money were the big factors in play, rather than illegal substances.

gryphonz

Juniors
Oh, that's fine then. It's just that Karl's guilty until innocent thing was asking for it. Personally, I think that spamming money like that might not be in the spirit of the amateur Olympics, but it's not illegal.

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
Oh, that's fine then. It's just that Karl's guilty until innocent thing was asking for it. Personally, I think that spamming money like that might not be in the spirit of the amateur Olympics, but it's not illegal.

Tell that to the Yanks... :lol:.

Karl

Juniors
I just wrote a big response and it glitched and I lost it. Can't be bothered with a repeat, so I'll ask this quickly - what is the connection between the burden of proof you say I have shifted onto her and analysis of logical fallacies in my statements?

gryphonz

Juniors
It means that if your appeal to Leonard as an expert was faulty. No connection there, it's just bad reasoning.

Your reasoning on undetectable chemical x shifts the burden of proof to the athlete who does well instead of the person who proposes the chemical, and violates legal procedure, "normal" common sense and the classical Occam's Razor. If it's like that, the burden of proof for the existence of God lies with the doubters instead of the people who say there is a god.

So you say that scientists constantly invent undetectable chemicals, Ye deserves suspicion for being impressive and coming from a country with a history of doping, and the simplest solution is better. The simplest solution to explain impressive performance combined with undetectable chemicals and a country with a history of doping is doping. Therefore guilty until proven innocent.

I took your reasoning and showed that using your own criteria of an undetectable chemical, impressive performance, and countries with a history of doping, and the simplest solution is better, you would have to pronounce Bolt, Phelps, Ledecky etc all guilty until they prove themselves innocent.

I don't think you're capable of going online and criticizing these athletes constantly until they're proven innocent, and the root of the inconsistency is bigotry. If you can, I have no problems with you.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I was thinking about making a thread in 4c on peds because its pretty clear its getting ludicrous. Let's look at a sport with a terrible track record of proper out of competition testing like tennis. Serena Williams literally hid in a panic room from a tester claiming she thought it was a robber and that was cool. Now consider even their paltry efforts would be worth in the millions. Now a sport like weightliftings entire operational budget would be less than what tennis spends on testing.

Let's not even take into account Kazakhstan does not have its own central drug testing agency but goes through an Asian one. How often would their lifters be tested out of competition. Only the dumbest athletes show up pissing hot. Athletes know how to micro dose, they know how to cycle. Unless they are subjected to serious out of competition testing the entire thing is tainted.

This is not a China thing. I know guys who roid to win amateur power lifting meets. I know guys who roid to look good. Hell is China any more sus than Spain.

Latest posts