What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ozreece77

Juniors
OMG how lucky were we with the forward passes? Makes up for all the dud calls and suspensions before big games in the last 20 years.
aussies are hurting too.
Channel 9 pulled the plug before the presentation, even though they had 6 minutes before their next program and everyone was up on the stage. (plus tv stations are famous over here for running overtime, so you know that if Australia had won, they would have shown the whole thing.)

Last edited:

MKEB...

Staff member
There goes any chance I had of getting to sleep before 3:00 am.....

Yeeeeeeaaahh

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I hate the fact that I will always remember this game for the ridiculous forward pass and the ridiculous string of penalties we received after the initial ridiculous penalty we got for Jeremy Smith chasing Greg Bird downfield trying to murder him.

Izz

Bench
I hate the fact that I will always remember this game for the ridiculous forward pass and the ridiculous string of penalties we received after the initial ridiculous penalty we got for Jeremy Smith chasing Greg Bird downfield trying to murder him.
Yeah, while Bird is a muppet and deserves a good thrashing, that whole passage of refereeing was really strange (even by Archer's standards). Had to love Benji saying to the ref, 'he could've broken his neck.'

Oh, and that forward pass was beautiful.

Last edited:

nibbs

Bench

Get over it, Costo

Fast Eddie

First Grade
There were terrible decisions all over the place.............right now its all about us being the best Rugby League Nation in the world!

LeagueNut

First Grade
^ No. 2005 is a distant third I reckon, 2008 was probably the better Kiwi performance but 2010 was the better match overall.

ozbash

Referee
the big question.

was 24-0 sweeter?

yes.

Archer was f**king terrible (as most of the world predicted), I think a few calls went our way as payback for that "try" that was awarded to Aussie when Brett Morris ran up the aisle and had to leap over 2 old ladies and a cripple in a wheelchair in order to pass to 'weepy' Tate who "scored" in the corner.

Moral of the story ; Cheats never prosper.

Martli

Coach
the big question.

was 24-0 sweeter?

I think so, because up until then we were much bigger underdogs. I think since 2008 we've shown that we are a lot closer to Australia than we used to be and so the expectations are a lot higher. I went in to this match expecting us to at least get close to winning if not winning the game, 5 years ago I'd have expected us to get spanked.

Iafeta

Referee
Great feeling to wake up Four Nations champs. Particularly nice given Voss' commentary in the last game that we now had no right to call oursevles World Champs. Really? I'm fairly that particularly trophy sits in NZRL HQ.

As for the refereeing, I'm not sure on the pass. I thought it got a deflection which made it look definitely forward.

Either way, Benji is a freak. All hail him.

Izz

Bench
Yeah, while Bird is a muppet and deserves a good thrashing, that whole passage of refereeing was really strange (even by Archer's standards). Had to love Benji saying to the ref, 'he could've broken his neck.'

Oh, and that forward pass was beautiful.
Just watched the replay, and i reckon that string of penalties we got were all correct calls. Didn't seem that way when i was watching last night, though (not that i minded). Plenty of other dud calls for both sides.

Great feeling to wake up Four Nations champs. Particularly nice given Voss' commentary in the last game that we now had no right to call oursevles World Champs. Really? I'm fairly that particularly trophy sits in NZRL HQ.

As for the refereeing, I'm not sure on the pass. I thought it got a deflection which made it look definitely forward.

Either way, Benji is a freak. All hail him.
And the week before, when we thrashed PNG, Voss was talking us up as favorites. I betcha the guy gets all spinny when he sees bright colors.

Last edited:

jaseg

Juniors
Both Aus tries also came off the back of dud penalties IMO - the only try without a question mark was the Nightingale try from Benji's kick.

Great result, great night!

Latest posts