What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeo

Iamback

Coach
If there is something that perhaps our game plan could allow for is support players following Isaiah Yeo and being in a position to be there for a potential off load. Yeo seems to poke he nose thru the line frequently carting the ball up but often there is an absence of support players and he is forced to succumb to the tackle.

Yep, We need to push passes in that situation more. I know in the past it has been held back but the 2023 squad is different

Iamback

Coach
Can we clone the bloke.

Another set of insane stats last night.

188m, 46m post contact, 45 tackles with no misses.

Nothing goes through the middle with him on the field. The stats don't show it but I reckon he won every single one of those tackles too.

Where does he rate in the all time greatest Panthers ranking?

He is going to hold the most games for the club, Of the current batch only Cleary can catch him

Has captained to 2 GF wins

Won Origin series

Won the World Cup

He is going to retire as doing close to everything, For a club that hasn't had sustained success. He will go into the top 5 atleast ever to put on the jersey

Iamback

Coach
Nathan is better than both. Brandy would have been better but we all know why that didn't happen unfortunately.

He is a few years away from that. Both had played more games so longevity gets them the nod. In the modern game 200 games is the minimum to be classed as the best

The interesting one on the greatest list will be Edwards, Very likely won't play rep footy but he likely ends up as the best fullback the club has had

soc123_au

Staff member
He is a few years away from that. Both had played more games so longevity gets them the nod. In the modern game 200 games is the minimum to be classed as the best

The interesting one on the greatest list will be Edwards, Very likely won't play rep footy but he likely ends up as the best fullback the club has had
Teddy getting injured is about his only chance. It's just unfortunate for him that he has the captain in front of him. If incumbency wasn't a thing he'd be first picked this year.

He is already our best ever no 1 in my eyes. And that is coming from someone with a son named after our 2nd best.

Iamback

Coach
Teddy getting injured is about his only chance. It's just unfortunate for him that he has the captain in front of him. If incumbency wasn't a thing he'd be first picked this year.

He is already our best ever no 1 in my eyes. And that is coming from someone with a son named after our 2nd best.

I agree with that

Are there many greatest team ever with someone without a rep jersey?

Shows how unlucky he is to be with this batch of fullbacks

Pomoz

Bench
When he was asked about the tackle in the TV interview he said it made easy because Dylan positioned in defence really well. So humble.

mxlegend99

Referee
When he was asked about the tackle in the TV interview he said it made easy because Dylan positioned in defence really well. So humble.
Yeo played it perfectly. I was hoping he would stick to Teddy and wait for the pass. Edwards did what he needed to do to force the pass so Yeo could make that tackle. Was worried both could go for the same player and the pass would stick and result in a try.

MugaB

Coach
In Yeoweh we trust!!!
the-simpsons-homer-simpson-1.gif

Kilkenny

Coach

I agree, Nathan needs a few more seasons as the games best player or half before earning to acclaim of our best ever half back. Recency bias comes into play when making such statements.

As it stands it remains Brandy just slightly ahead of Gowie and Nathan if he continues to perform May over take both in three or four seasons time.

On sheer natural talent and ability Greg Alexander was a freak but the way the game was played in his era was different to the Gowie era and it is a vastly different game now so comparisons are very difficult.

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree, Nathan needs a few more seasons as the games best player or half before earning to acclaim of our best ever half back. Recency bias comes into play when making such statements.

As it stands it remains Brandy just slightly ahead of Gowie and Nathan is he continues to perform May over take both in three or four seasons time.

How do you come to that conclusion when Cleary has played at a higher level more consistently? The only reason I can see to not consider him our best halfback is nostalgia.

Kilkenny

Coach
How do you come to that conclusion when Cleary has played at a higher level more consistently? The only reason I can see to not consider him our best halfback is nostalgia.
Well first of all it is my opinion.

I was ever present during his 230 odd Penrith games and saw first hand what a brilliant player he was.

Same with Gowie, different player to Brandy but in his own right was a superb and gutsy footy player. Pound for pound the gutsiest player ever to don a Panthers jersey. In an era where sport science was not what it is today, what Gowie did to get into the footy field during times when he was suffering from his sternum issues was unbelievable.

Im not detracting from Nathan’s performances or what he has achieved but he has done so in the best Panthers side ever which helps.

So it is not nostalgia, just my opinion.

WestyLife

First Grade
Well first of all it is my opinion.

I was ever present during his 230 odd Penrith games and saw first hand what a brilliant player he was.

Same with Gowie, different player to Brandy but in his own right was a superb and gutsy footy player. Pound for pound the gutsiest player ever to don a Panthers jersey. In an era where sport science was not what it is today, what Gowie did to get into the footy field during times when he was suffering from his sternum issues was unbelievable.

Im not detracting from Nathan’s performances or what he has achieved but he has done so in the best Panthers side ever which helps.

So it is not nostalgia, just my opinion.

My mistake I misread it as best when it's actually who is your favourite I apologise.