What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another cam smith dog act

You do you cruciate in your knee you aren't going far, you snap your femur you aren't going too far.

you are right...............but if the accusations are true, Smith was not trying to damage the Cruciate or the Femur, he was trying to damage the Achilles Tendon

I damaged my Achilles a few years ago while doing shuttle runs and could barely walk

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Had to laugh at 'most vulnerable' places on the body..

Neglect the fact it's actually one of the strongest tendons. So much so that both Nathan Stapleton and Anthony Tupou have had a donated achilles implanted in their knees.

If Cameron Smith was a real man he would have offered to donate his Achilles to Luke Bailey. :sarcasm:

Lowdown

Juniors
He'll still get a 9 possibly 10 in this weeks RLW on last nights effort. He blew the tits off the park.

Titanic

First Grade
This is surely a gee up. Smith played the house down. Bailey got injured. Somebody farted. Another African dropped. A welcome respite from the Olympic bore-a-thon.

elbusto

Coach
The Achilles Heel got its name from the Greek Oral History of the Iliad - the siege of Troy. Achilles, a Greek Prince, a very violent chap as well, was dipped in the river Styx by his mother when he was a baby meaning he was immortal except for the body bit (his heel) that did not enter the water.

Paris, the Trojan Prince, killed him by shooting a poisoned arrow which lodged in his heel - thus the name.

Did not see the incident but that explains where the term comes from.....

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors
I can think of plenty of other body parts I'd consider 'more vulnerable' than my achilles tendon. :D

Grapple

Bench
There's no doubt Cam Smith is a dog player. I don't understand it though, he comes across as a genuine nice guy but turns into a dirty mongrel when it comes to tackling?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I highly doubt it was an intentional tactic.

I, for one hope Smith has a long and successful career (except when he plays for Queensland, in a Maroons jumper I hope he feels nothing but misery).
He is a piece of shit, and wish him nothing but misery, f**ken dog.

Canard

Immortal
Is there any evidence of this act yet?

Seems the biggest pain Cam ever inflicted upon LU resident whingers and bullshit artists is beating there beloved team.

Im a neutral and to watch him play last live last night was a thing of Rugby League beauty, just turned it on when it mattered.

PS I reckon the Titans are going alright to far better than most "know it alls" who game them the spoon at the start of the year.

Grapple

Bench
Why do you need evidence? He's well known for his dog acts. It almost goes without saying. You'd have to be woefully ignorant or not even watch the NRL to think otherwise.

RWB

Bench
lol what a joke, Smith's knee was nowhere near his ankle.

Living in your own special world...

Looked through all of the pages and am yet to see a a video of Cam Smith doing what the OP said he did. The burden off proof lies with the prosecution and as such Cam Smith is innocent until proven guilty... Ryles on the other hand, 6 weeks.

macnaz

Staff member
What part of the game did this take place ? Im just watching the replay now.

StormHi

Juniors
Cam Smith is a mongrel but name me any great warrior doesn't have a nasty side!!

Ps the Ryles jokes still make me smile ;-)