What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Am I- calling it a day?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
miniHINDY said:
A glam metal fan laughing at dress sense.

wow.

Yep atleast they were original, and that look helped sell how many albums?:D

Hair rock look kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!

You loved it, and so did millions of people worldwide;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
nöyd said:
Let me get in on some of that action :cool:

wait your turn boys:lol:

What a wonderful time for OZ music. We can now finally put a bad chapter of sh*thouse music behind us and move forward;-) hopefully in the direction of LA:D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Just watching Wild side clip right now, how good is the music? look at Tommy Lee upside down playing his double bass drumset!

Love Nikkis hair as well, f**king unreal, no Beatles wannabe look there, totally original!

sportive cupid

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Y
Talk to me once You Am I it has sold out an US Stadium eg Maddison Square Garden or had albums gone platinum in the US twinkle:lol:

:lol:
Don't you mean sold out IN US stadium Ron :lol:
I am sure Mini will agree wioth me that you don't have to have success in the US to be a success,ANd he would agree as well that the best example of this is the legendary Chisel.

HevyDevy

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Rubbish, sales are everything. It's a talent to sell a product regardless of what genre, otherwise the kids down the street would be claiming themselves as the best.

If the Beatles didn't sell 150 million albums would they still be regarded as the best band of all time? NO!

80's hair bands were the only genre ever to compete with dance on the charts, how many talented guitarists/musical groups hav number 1 hits these days? none, the market is dominated by 80's remixes and rap. Bands these days can't even write there own songs so they remix it. Hell even 'Is this love' by Whitesnake is now a dance remix.

The US market is everything, the hardest market to crack, if your that good you'll crack that market.

I can't agree with you on this one Ron, sorry dude

Stagger eel

Staff member
you're very boring Ron...youe arguements have become tiresome and predictable.

btw, Milli Vanilli sold a sh*tload of records, talented weren't they?????

fish eel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Yep atleast they were original, and that look helped sell how many albums?:D

Hair rock look kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!

You loved it, and so did millions of people worldwide;-)

Glam metal wasnt original ron.

they're look was just a rip off of what david bowie did in the 70s and other acts like the new york dolls.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
you're very boring Ron...youe arguements have become tiresome and predictable.

btw, Milli Vanilli sold a sh*tload of records, talented weren't they?????

Milli could sing better then Tim Rogers lol

So if the beatles didn't sell 150 million albums would they still be labelled as the best? or would we just take there word for it?

I think people are missing what i'm trying to say. For a ROCK group to sell millions of albums you obvioulsy need talent as you're up against dance, rap etc. Hair metal was able to do that and was that influential even MJ and Cher had lead guitars in there songs.

How many bands these days with songs with good lead breaks hit number 1 in the US?

My argument is sooo right eela;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish eel said:
Glam metal wasnt original ron.

they're look was just a rip off of what david bowie did in the 70s and other acts like the new york dolls.

Hair rock was totally original, everything from the attitudes to the album covers to the video clips.

That inspirational that todays bands have to use there songs to make it.

The LA sound was a totally unique sound and look. Van Halen started it, Ratt and Crue followed up and then it became the biggest music scene in the world.

fish eel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Hair rock was totally original, everything from the attitudes to the album covers to the video clips.

That inspirational that todays bands have to use there songs to make it.

The LA sound was a totally unique sound and look. Van Halen started it, Ratt and Crue followed up and then it became the biggest music scene in the world.

LOL.

Do you know the new york dolls ronnie?

what about t-rex?

Bands like that the 80s glam bands ripped off.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish eel said:
LOL.

Do you know the new york dolls ronnie?

what about t-rex?

Bands like that the 80s glam bands ripped off.

Fish i see your point, and i know what you mean, hell even Led Zep could be attributed a little for the hair look, but it was different.

That whole scene had its own distinctive look, you know it. Yes they looked similar to t-rex and the dolls etc but the image was definately unique. Otherwise you'd be critisingbands like Led Zep etc for there image, not hair metal groups, right? why doesn't anyone bag Led Zep and Bowie then? yet bag the look of the Crue etc?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The funny thing also is, why is it referred to as Hair rock? lol

Obviously it had its own look if they had name for it lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ratt.jpg

newyorkdolls.jpg

Didn't use enough hair spray and never wore suits.

fish eel

Immortal
its called hair rock because they had to name the genre after the look, rather than the music because the music was lacking in subsrance tbh.

nöyd

Staff member
Face it Ron, Tim Rogers or You Am I don't suck because they don't get played over and over again on mainstream radio stations, they aren't on the iPod playlists of 14 year old girls, hence they aren't trendy or popular, if they were they would suck and nobody here would like them, or openly admit they do.

On these boards writing/singing/playing popular music means you suck and must be hated upon. If You Am I came out with a number 1 chartbusting album (and then maybe my asshole will learn to chew gum) then their all-knowing, all-loving fanboys that reside in this thread would turn tail and wipe them like a dirty arse.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish eel said:
its called hair rock because they had to name the genre after the look, rather than the music because the music was lacking in subsrance tbh.

:lol: :lol: fish mate that's clutching at straws. You have just admitted to me that it did have it's own distinct look

Lacking substance? actually it had too much! don't hear anymore guitar solos anymore, nor drum solo's or singers hitting and high notes, now you hear is a couple of chords, a 5 piece drum set ( if that) and singers unable to hit notes peroid.