What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You dog Crocker

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie, your are a bloody sook! I'd love to see how you fare when a thug like Croker stiff arms you straight onto your windpipe!

if anyone dived last night, it was Queensland, and that pretender Lockyer.

Mr Saab

Referee
sook? all i said is BK took a dive and i am not alone on ths forum in saying so.
QLD were smashed plain and simple...i am making zero excuses for that.
I think you should watch the incident again.
If BK goes down for that hit then he aint the tough man everyone says he is.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I don't think anyone is saying BK is tough enough to cop a blatant forearm to the neck. Unless he has a cast iron neck, no one is!

Next you'll be saying he took a dive if he was hit by a B-double on the F3!

Sook.

Briza

Juniors
By Steve Mascord
July 7, 2005

If Origin III was Ben Kennedy's last representative game, he certainly gave the rugby league world plenty to remember him by.

After a typically industrious display in the Blues series-clinching 32-10 win, the sometimes media-shy Manly forward delivered one of the most colourful interviews of the season.

After being involved in a controversial incident that left Maroons second-rower Michael Crocker on report for a high tackle, Kennedy said:

#9632; Queensland had been "embarrassed" by the size of the scoreline and had fallen behind NSW;

#9632; Taunted retiring Maroons team manager Chris Close over his one-fingered salute to the Blues bench during Origin I;

#9632; Slammed accusations that he took a dive to attract a penalty after he was tackled by Crocker in the first half, insisting, "there's no frigging way";

#9632; Described the victory as being "pretty close to winning a grand final" and said he was "glad we lost the first" Origin because it allowed last night to happen.
AdvertisementAdvertisement

"I think we might have embarrassed them a bit up here," said Kennedy, who said in April he would quit representative football after the interstate series.

"They only scored a couple of tries late, they weren't really in the second game and I think if we had put on a bit more pressure in the first, we should probably have beaten them there as well. I think they might be a little bit behind us."

Maroons coach Michael Hagan said of the first-half Crocker-on-Kennedy tackle: "It was out of character for Ben but I suppose you've got to do what you've got to do to win these sorts of games."

Maroons captain Darren Lockyer added: "He is obviously using the video referee, that if you stay down the video referee will give a penalty. If that tackle is a penalty, then …"

An investigation after the game determined Crocker didn't have a case to answer over the incident. Kennedy took offence at suggestions he took a dive in the tackle.

"I hear they said I layed down," he said. "There's no frigging way I would have lay down, ever, in a game. I just want to quash that now.

"I couldn't give a **** what anyone thinks. I was a bit stung and that was it. It was a tackle that went wrong and that was it for me."

Maroons interchange forward Ben Ross stood over Kennedy and demanded he get to his feet but the Blues forward said: "I didn't know what was going on."

"Look, I don't want to make a big deal of it. We've just won up in Queensland. Let's enjoy that," Kennedy said. "And where's Choppy's [Chris Close] finger now? That's what I want to ask."

Asked if he would be going ahead with plans to retire, he said: "I'd say so. I'm obviously on an emotional high at the moment. It's a pretty special thing we've done, only one other team has ever done it. I won't say anything for now. I'll wait and see."

Blues interchange forward Steve Simpson (corked thigh) is unlikely to play for Newcastle against North Queensland on the weekend, while St George Illawarra centre Matt Cooper (calf) and Bulldogs forward Andrew Ryan (rib cartilage) are in doubt for their clubs round 18 matches. The Sydney Roosters have suffered a blow with Queensland replacement forward Chris Flannery (calf) ruled out for three weeks.

Mr Saab

Referee
forearm to the neck? dont let the facts get in the way of your post Misty Brain.
Crocker was wrong footed and he threw his arm out and yes connected with his head....BUT...it was not enough for BK to go down like he was shot from a sniper.

Striker

Juniors
I was really disgusted with the cheapness of some of the things Crocker did last night. As with the Kennedy incidident, I don't believe he dived when you get hit like that it sometimes it takes you a few moments to work out what has happened, and Ross trying to pick him up, very out of character I can let that one go.

But back to Crocker niggling cheapness reminds me a bit of how his current nrl club coach used to play, although in his case it wasn't publicised as much.

Azkatro

First Grade
As much as he's irked people, we needed Crocker. He was our best forward on the field and really got involved and tried hard to spoil their game. Regardless of whether his niggle was "nice" or not, it was the only thing that came even close to putting the NSW players off their game - probably the only way were a chance in that game based on what happened. It's Origin football - a little face massage here and there is what's needed sometimes to gain the ascendancy and intimidate your opposition. Look at what Chris Close did in that famous game where he backhanded the crap out of Eric Grothe to score a try. Sure it was bloody harsh but it had to be done and helped win us the game. If it comes down to pure football, NSW win win nine games out of ten because they have a better roster nine times out of ten.

I think it's a credit to Crocker that the few penalties he helped niggle out of the NSW players towards the end of the match were the only time we were able to score points. NSW's discipline won them the game as much as anything in the first half - with the team we had we were always going to struggle so that's when you need to go to plan B - get under their skin, frustrate them into penalties, get some field position and points on the board. Another reason why I think Hagan should be looked at as our coach.

BTW - Kennedy dived. Everybody talks about how tough and aggressive he is but he's also not stupid. He will do what it takes to get his team on the front foot, and if it means lying down for a minute after a love tap around the earhole, so be it. You could call any player from the 80's now that doesn't work for the media (hence "nice" response) and they'd call it a love tap and nothing more. NSW were coached to dive last night - Johns set the precedent early with his time wasting, something Anasta did again later in the game. Also there were mysteriously no replays of the incident but when Menzies was penalised in the second half near the line which led to a try - WTF? He went down on his own. Four dives that I can remember, but good luck to them - it all contributed to their victory and I'm sure they won't have lost any sleep over it.

Isurus

Juniors
I hate Crockers niggle as much as anyone, but it contributes to making him a vlauable player for his team. Love him or hate him - IMO he was Queenslands best throughout the series!!

As for BK'd dive? Its hard to comment - watching on TV, 9 out of 10 people would think he took a dive, but only BK really knows.

Maybe the NRL can introduce a rule that if a player lays down and the incident is referred to the video ref, the player who was injured must be interchanged (free one if the vid ref awards a penalty). Maybe that would make players think twice about it.

skeepe

Immortal
Forearm to the windpipe? Even Tolkien couldn't conjure up fantasy like that. If anything it was a hand to the face... that's right,a little slap.

Poor little Benny, couldn't take a slap to the face like a man, needed some time to dry his eyes so the nasty man didn't see how he made him cry... what a sook.

eagle_eye

Juniors
Just like against Manly, I sat back and enjoyed watching Crocker lose the plot last night - he is now the player i hate the most in the nrl and have the lowest respect for.

eagle_eye

Juniors
In reference the Kenedy incident, the fact of the matter is that Crocker struck a player above the neck in a deliberate attempt, any player should be penalised for that offence even if they do not strike the player properly, the intent was still there.

Mr Saab

Referee
eagle_eye said:
In reference the Kenedy incident, the fact of the matter is that Crocker struck a player above the neck in a deliberate attempt, any player should be penalised for that offence even if they do not strike the player properly, the intent was still there.

deliberate? crocker flung the arm out and he was wrong footed!
Dont let the facts get in the way of your post

mickdo

Coach
baby_crying.jpg

Shifty

Juniors
Crocker doesn't deserve rep honours, he is a cheap shot merchant.

What Ben Ross did was totally unacceptable and he was lucky not to be sent off.

IF Ben Kennedy took a dive he is as much of a coward as Crocker.

drake

First Grade
Crocker, what an appropriate name. Gorden Tallis must be fuming the media called Crocker "the next Tallis." :LOL:
Crocker tried to dominate Johns and failed. Johns setup tries whilst being "dominated" by Crockersh*te.
Then the Crock tried to pick a fight with Anasta, and failed.
Mother Theresa could pick a fight with Anasta.

At least Crocker could smile about a niggle, when his team was down 32-blot. Anasta should have pointed the scoreboard and laughed.

If he's Queensland's new enforcer, you guys are well and trulied.

Latest posts