What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You go girls

BLM01

First Grade
The team just took a massive hit for next year. Teka Katoa and Alexis Toenail both deserting to the scum dogs.
Should drop them both now, what a disgrace.
Was always going to happen with new teams. Dogs have approached others within but have said no. The girls comp will be no different to the mens with the departure lounge mentality.
We will need to spend money on good forwards for next season as we are very light on
However I keep saying other clubs (especially new) a doing a bit more to entice
We have a wealth of talent coming through..but do we have the football club staff?
Sowie knows he is skating on ice but not thin yet ATM
Sound familiar

Last edited:

CozDragon

Juniors
Was always going to happen with new teams. Dogs have approached others within but have said no. The girls comp will be no different to the mens with the departure lounge mentality.
However I keep saying other clubs (especially new) a doing a bit more to entice
We have a wealth of talent coming through..but do we have the football club staff?
Sound familiar
Yeah was always going to happen, just tired of it always being us that are unable to hold onto our better players and unfortunately in Alexis' case, one of our best and the potential to be great.

we got hit the hardest when the new teams were added and its looking like that could be the case again next year.

I don't know what the answer is regarding the football staff and who should be our target but something needs to be done otherwise this team will continually be left behind further and further each year.

justadragon

Bench
Yeah was always going to happen, just tired of it always being us that are unable to hold onto our better players and unfortunately in Alexis' case, one of our best and the potential to be great.

we got hit the hardest when the new teams were added and its looking like that could be the case again next year.

I don't know what the answer is regarding the football staff and who should be our target but something needs to be done otherwise this team will continually be left behind further and further each year.
I dont know how the contractual side works in NRLW, but its obvious we are not tying down our good players.

BLM01

First Grade
I dont know how the contractual side works in NRLW, but its obvious we are not tying down our good players.
It works similar it is under the NRL banner. Except much shorter contract year ATM but as the comp gets longer so will their time under contract
They wont get to the 12 month contracts the men are at.
But in their out of season some girls are well looked after with 3rd parties and have outside jobs as well
No surprise Roosters..Millie Elliott FOX and their are other higher profile girls with full time work
Some of our girls have part time jobs within the Dragons, some are studying as well
As I said the comp is probably expanding way too fast for the talent since they only had 4 teams about 4 years ago then went to 6. They would of tripled in size by next year? Is the crowd support there yet?
I think they need to ditch the night games post men''s games experiment.
The crowd numbers are not staying

justadragon

Bench
It works similar it is under the NRL banner. Except much shorter contract year ATM but as the comp gets longer so will their time under contract
They wont get to the 12 month contracts the men are at.
But in their out of season some girls are well looked after with 3rd parties and have outside jobs as well
No surprise Roosters..Millie Elliott FOX and their are other higher profile girls with full time work
Some of our girls have part time jobs within the Dragons, some are studying as well
As I said the comp is probably expanding way too fast for the talent since they only had 4 teams about 4 years ago then went to 6. They would of tripled in size by next year? Is the crowd support there yet?
I think they need to ditch the night games post men''s games experiment.
The crowd numbers are not staying
Thanks BLM01, my question is though can we contract these girls to 2-3 year contracts ?

CozDragon

Juniors
Thanks BLM01, my question is though can we contract these girls to 2-3 year contracts ?
The majority of the squad are/were signed for next year, Alexis (option) & Teka were both signed for this year and next.
Alexis obviously chose not to take up her option & assuming Teka requested a release.

There is no attraction for our club, players use us to show what they can offer and then provide that to the other teams when they come knocking. We haven't signed a legit marquee player from another club that wanted to keep them.

After all our rep players departed us at the end of 2022 the only marquee signing we made was Mcgregor and I have a feeling the roosters were happy to see her go. That is literally it, we have not signed another top liner apart from her.