What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You have to laugh (Craig Wing)

Moffo

Referee
http://www.rleague.com/article.php?id=14570

Sydney Roosters superstar Craig Wing is unlikely to play in the World Sevens beginning in two weeks time due to a leg injury.

Wing struggled with an abductor muscle strain in his left leg during the Kangaroo Tour but managed to play in all three Tests despite the injury.

The injury problem has flared again when Wing returned to training last week after having a break until Christmas due to his commitments on the Kangaroo Tour.

Wing says that he's unlikely to take part in the Sevens and can only run the straight lines at this stage. He isn't able to run any side-to-side stuff at this stage.

The good news for the Roosters is that Wing will be 100% fit for the Roosters season opener against local rivals South Sydney. Wing says he's looking forward to the opening round clash and says he'll be there for sure

----------------

But hold on, didn't I see him go through a rigourous training session with Justine Henin just two days ago? It was all over the news. Well, sure sounds like a scoop to me :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo

Referee
Tamazoid said:
It said in the paper today that Ian Thorpe trained with Henin.

Wing did as well, i assure you. It was an Adidas promotion and Wing was doing training that involved a lot of side stepping with Henin

Makes you wonder where the story is from

Cheers,
Moffo

Rockn

Juniors
It's funny how Thorpey said he had the beard because he couldn't be bothered to shave, seems he can't grow hair from the chin down :lol: And yeah, he does look stupid either way #-o

Kaz

junior
Some teams don't care about the 7's.

Players get injured in these games.

My team isn't selecting the players who were on the Kangaroo tour.

fatshark

Bench
Thorpey is just going through one of those stages. At the moment he is going through a bear stage :lol:

melon....

Coach
Moffo....I hope they are wrapping all our stars in cotton wool. Ihope the kiddies and the new blokes get the 7s run they need. I hope we kick your blue and white arse again this season.

wittyfan

Referee
There was a nice photo of Craig with Chris Walker and Brett Finch at the beach running over the weekend, Craig didn't look to be in any discomfort. :)

ozzie

Bench
sullyfan said:
There was a nice photo of Craig with Chris Walker and Brett Finch at the beach running over the weekend, Craig didn't look to be in any discomfort. :)

ohh what a subject - who cares stuff - file 13 material at that

wittyfan

Referee
ozzie said:
sullyfan said:

ohh what a subject - who cares stuff - file 13 material at that

If Craig is actually injured, then I'm George W. Bush. :p

SF, I have looked on the Roosters site for confirmation of this story, there is nothing there. Who knows how the source of this particular gem got 'it's' information. I'll go truth searching with you :D

Penelope Pittstop said:
I'll go truth searching with you :D

LOL!!!!!

Oh, that's a great one!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The real issue shouldn't be that he might or might not be injured, it's why on Earth the management has decided to use the excuse when they didn't have to. He's been seen out and about when he could have been resting or rehabilitating (could've been with a run on the beach). No-one would mind if he was rested, but there's no need to go to the trouble of making a point of him being out.

Edit: Of course that all depends on whether rleague has it right or not.

Latest posts