What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know what would be cool, Parra Anthem that we could Sing

eel4life

Juniors
Hey guys,

If we would have an anthem what song would you want to chant, PARRA PARRA but i think if we can see how much we love the team it can inspire them.

What Song should we have as our anthem, i personally think you will never walk alone would be perfect.

I am a massive LiverpoolFC fan and at the beggining of each match they sing their anthem and half time before they come out and at about 90 minutes, they sing you will never walk alone.

I just think sometimes if the players here something like especially with what happend on friday 3 injuries they are giving it their all pig scored they are up then they have the massive let down we start with an anthem then boom 15 thousand people start singing YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE then they feel the passion get energised and know everyone is their with them....

For you who dont know what i am talking about here are the lyrics,

When you walk through a storm
Hold your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on, through the wind,
Walk on, through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

I just reckon it would be cool if we could do this for the team, especially at home games have it on the big screen music playing in the background before they are running out...

eel4life

Juniors
Nice, answer

took you about what a full 10 seconds, do you see the atmosphere that this shows, get a copy of the Champions league final when LFC beat Milan especially at the end ...

show some imagination man ....

Sterling

Juniors
eel4life said:
Nice, answer

took you about what a full 10 seconds, do you see the atmosphere that this shows, get a copy of the Champions league final when LFC beat Milan especially at the end ...

show some imagination man ....

too many malakes on here re .... Hestous olous !!!

rowdy

First Grade
wow, i just had thoughts of the wc qualifier when it was sung before the game...so awesum...

you've lost that loving feeling is sung sometimes, but usually amongst the hill people when we are losing :(

Eelementary

Post Whore
What about...

Lamb Of God "Ruin" (because after the Eels are through, ruins are exactly what the opposition team will be).

Nikki

Coach
Fine if you are at a soccer game when you have to do something to amuse yourself for 90 minutes. I would prefer a more catchier song if we were to do one

Eelementary

Post Whore
With all due respect to soccer, it's slower than League. In soccer, it can take ages before a goal is scored, hence you have time to focus on the song.

In League, sometimes you blink and you miss the linebreak. It would be so hard to sing an actual song.

Though it would be better than the typical "Parra!" *clap clap clap* stuff, as much as we all love it. It's repetitive and unimaginative - and every NRL club does it.

shaun

Juniors
Eel4life. Im an LFC fan too. I agree with Eels singing an anthem but I would prefer Never walk alone be kept for LFC only. I know that Celtic sing it and im sure lots of other teams. But started at LFC and should remain there.

One thing eels should steal from LFC is e-ticket. You purchase tickets from LFC. Its great for fans who cant get to games. I go occaisonly but when i dont i can watch all Liverpool games on the internet. Its a reasonable price.

Good to see you support the two best teams.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
shaun said:
Good to see you support the two best teams.

wow, there are tons of us highly intelligent people:cool:

but agree that singing is just not for the leaguies.
just not part of the australian culture - no intenstity, no real passion, because they've gone down the path of making the game all family friendly for consumers, and not fans.

if you want to sing, and just go nuts, get down to a sydneyfc game
you are allowed to stand in the area behind the goals at Aussie stadium
you can bring in really big m*****f***** flags
sing, shout, scream...you can swear and say really naughty things at anyone
it's actually make it fun to go to a game

eel4life

Juniors
Yeah i know what you mean about the YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE Shaun true i heard it during a celtic match didnt feel right.

Games are boring sometimes, and in terms of soccer i think it would add to the atmosphere, parra clap clap parra clap clap, hehee its boring to me sometimes.

One time a guy came with me to a parra game he starting chanting to the ref ...

Wheres your father
wheres your father
wheres your father referee

you never had one, you havent got one
your a bastard referee

i thought it was hilarious ...

I think all refs should of copped that on friday night ...

I think we as fans can add things to the atmosphere, there are a bunch of canberra fans that do it, i remebered it last year at bruce stadium i thought it was kinda cool thats all ...

coca-cola

Juniors
i tell you what, we will all stand up at the game against penrith and sing one of my favourite shannon noll songs, lift. it will send an inspirational message to the boys and get them over the line. if you would like to join in you better learn the words by next sunday.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I prefer guy sebastian, angels brought me here
or my all time fav, rainbow connection
truly inspiring anthems that no team has made their own

:roll:

Latest posts