What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know what would be cool, Parra Anthem that we could Sing

yy_cheng

Coach
Instead of a song, how about we give each player their own SOUND EFFECT like MOI MOI used to have!!!

I used to love hearing it everytime he touched the ball !!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Run Piggy, Run Piggy, Run Run Run
Don't give the full back his fun fun fun
If you score a Tryyy, we'll give you a meat pie
So Run Piggy, Run Piggy, Run Run Run

:clap:

Brilliant!

btaag

Juniors
Football and league have different cultures so its hard to compare. At a football game in a major league there is regular chanting, followed by an eruption when a goal is scored.
In League it is much more agressive, with breaks, more tries etc and I find myself praising a good hit, bagging the ref, screaming like a madman when a break is made etc.

As a Liverpool fan, there is nothing better than to be near or in the Kop, hearing them sing "You'll never walk alone" before and near the end of a match, or doing the "we won it five times" chant, or the numerous chants for players. Its part of the game.

St George has a "Dragons Army" that likes to chant, but in comparison to the Kop, or other football crowds (even Sydney FC), it is pretty quiet and low-key.

Personally I cant think of anything better than a rousing Parra, Parra chant, and a huge applause / scarf waving at the end of the match.

btaag

Juniors
PS. If we try and create a "modern" song it will end up like our shocking late 1980's track, or one like the Freemantle Dockers, or Port Adelaides (ie an Australian Idol-style lite-rock track sung by a guy in a permed mullet and stonewash jeans).
Not sure how to solve this one :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
btaag said:
Football and league have different cultures so its hard to compare. At a football game in a major league there is regular chanting, followed by an eruption when a goal is scored.
In League it is much more agressive, with breaks, more tries etc and I find myself praising a good hit, bagging the ref, screaming like a madman when a break is made etc.

As a Liverpool fan, there is nothing better than to be near or in the Kop, hearing them sing "You'll never walk alone" before and near the end of a match, or doing the "we won it five times" chant, or the numerous chants for players. Its part of the game.

St George has a "Dragons Army" that likes to chant, but in comparison to the Kop, or other football crowds (even Sydney FC), it is pretty quiet and low-key.

Personally I cant think of anything better than a rousing Parra, Parra chant, and a huge applause / scarf waving at the end of the match.

This is what I love so much about League.

It's such a simple pleasure in life, but perhaps one of the greatest sporting pleasures of all.

eel4life

Juniors
Yeah i understand where everyone is coming from but sometimes you know parra parra is mad when everyone does it ... last year when we gave the dogs a 50 and when we put the broncos away, gave the dragons a thumping if we had something we could sing to show why we are the best supporters in the comp.

CMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN i cant wait for sunday ...