What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YOUR ADVICE ON JAMIE LYON

Eddie.

Bench
Would Fitzgerald accept Melbourne, its very much a city team??

Unless its Penrith, i cant see how any other team could bid higher then us

I thought Lyon was in discussion with us all day today Max, some other dude saying he knew pat richards come on here and said he was likely to sign tomrw, i take it this guy was off the mark??

innsaneink

Referee
Friggin Talkin Sport 1269 2SM about 5.30 this arvo graham Hughes said "and coming up after the news at 5.30 we have some news about WestsTigers and Jamie Lyon"......I listened till the show finished at 7.00pm...SFA!!! Nothing more. :(

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Friggin Talkin Sport 1269 2SM about 5.30 this arvo graham Hughes said "and coming up after the news at 5.30 we have some news about WestsTigers and Jamie Lyon"......I listened till the show finished at 7.00pm...SFA!!! Nothing more. :(

That seems to happen alot recently!

axl rose

Bench
TIGERPies said:
it cant be Brisbane>?

I think its Brisbane, they just lost Devere, Tallis is quiting, Frawley is leaving as well along with big Carl Webb. Plenty of cash spare and there are plenty of places to live for Lyon without having to be right in the city. His parents are in Ballina right? thats not to far at all.

magpiemax

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
he was told to speak to us as his last resort.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence maxy boy ;-)

I don't know whether that's what you meant exactly? Did you mean we asked to be allowed to make the final offer?
Yes...that's correct.

magpiemax

Juniors
Eddie. said:
I thought Lyon was in discussion with us all day today Max, some other dude saying he knew pat richards come on here and said he was likely to sign tomrw, i take it this guy was off the mark??
That's right he was in discussion with Steve Noyce most of the day,and he has given us the indication that he will let us know in the next 48 hour's. :D
But who know's what's in his head every minute of the day.It's a very big decision you know. :?

Eddie.

Bench
magpiemax said:
Eddie. said:
That's right he was in discussion with Steve Noyce most of the day,and he has given us the indication that he will let us know in the next 48 hour's. :D
But who know's what's in his head every minute of the day.It's a very big decision you know. :?

Hmmm, well the other guy said his mate talked to pat richards, i reckon thats a pretty good source if Lyon has been staying with him this week!!

It is a big decision, i spose we should be thankful we are even a chance, i cant believe parra are looking like releasing him, i was sure they would make him suffer.

lets hope this "private sponsor" comes to the fore for us.

axl rose

Bench
magpiemax said:
Eddie. said:

should we sign him? i mean yes it makes our backline look great for next year but then we will have no cash left to upgrade our young players contracts. Id hate to see the likes of Halatau, Marshall, Fulton leave in the next couple of years just so we can sign Lyon. Ill be the lone voice.. dont do it! :lol:

magpiemax

Juniors
Axl rose,
You have a valid point regarding keeping our junior's, although most of them are signed up.Till the end of 05' that is anyway. :clap:
So i suppose what they will do is sign up Lyon on a lower amount for the first year and significantly raise it over the remaining 2 year's in order for them to keep him under the salary cap figure for that year. #-o
Not quite sure of this,perhap's we may need to hire the same accountant the Rooster's and Bulldog's use. :lol: :lol:

magpiemax

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Is Harry wild about Jamieeee ? ;-)
Harry I have been told is overseas at the moment and does not want to be involved until he gets back. :(
As if we are going to muck Jamie Lyon around for that stooge to come back. :roll:

Palms

Juniors
Jamie is still only 22/23 himself so its not like we are wasting money on an older player getting on. Thats the thing about Jamie, he's achieved so much at such a young age and i believe he will only get better with the right attitude and right direction (which means no Brian Smith ;-) )

magpiemax

Juniors
innsaneink said:
"and coming up after the news at 5.30 we have some news about WestsTigers and Jamie Lyon"......I listened till the show finished at 7.00pm...SFA!!! Nothing more. :(
It was'nt SFA for them INK as they got you to listen til 7p.m did'nt they? ;-)I know this happen's alot with the Big Sport's Breakfast because I end up ringing Tim Prentice who is the producer of that show and he just say's "sorry about that mate,we will try and get our guest on tomorrow" :roll:

gr8_1

Juniors
magpiemax said:
gr8_1 said:
Harry I have been told is overseas at the moment and does not want to be involved until he gets back. :(
As if we are going to muck Jamie Lyon around for that stooge to come back. :roll:

Harry was at the game on Sunday. Did everyone see him walking around the field in the Meriton box costume 8)

magpiemax

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
magpiemax said:
gr8_1 said:

Harry was at the game on Sunday. Did everyone see him in walking around the field in the Meriton box costume 8)
That's exactly what my brother said to me at the game.I could'nt stop laughing,thinking Harry would be in that box. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gr8_1

Juniors
So Maxxxxxxx .... what you think the chances of Lyon in a Wests jersey in 2005 ?

Gobbs said he will put him up at his house rent free :p

magpiemax

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
So Maxxxxxxx .... what you think the chances of Lyon in a Wests jersey in 2005 ?

Gobbs said he will put him up at his house rent free :p
At Gobbsie's house?????? :shock: Were trying to encourage Jamie not discourage him! ;-)
Chances of Jamie signing?? I guess around 70% that he comes to WT and 30% would'nt have a clue who that other club is. :oops:

Latest posts