What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YOUR ADVICE ON JAMIE LYON

Davester

Juniors
magpiemax said:
Eddie. said:
Any further developments today max??
Not that I know of.
Think you will hear something by early next week the latest.

Ah who cares now, like we don't need to wait for any news. If anyone read the daily telegraph today or read Eddie's thread which he posted the article in...you'd all agree that we had our hopes up on something that just had us f*cked around with in the end.

jirskyr

Juniors
I think if Lyon comes here, we will do it the right way.

I am very confident that the Tigers won't be drawn into an auction over his services, and nor will they offer him a massive contract if they don't believe he's worth it.

If Lyon really wants to play for us, then he is worth a generous but not ridiculous salary. He's a class player for sure, but we aren't desperate for him.

If he is mucking us around and still isn't sure where he wants to live etc, then f**k him right off. And I'm sure we will.

Suzie

Juniors
Yeah that^^^ It would be stupid to pay a ridiculous price for him, and if he's dicking us around now, well, look what he did to Parra...

mikey

Juniors
Tiger Barn said:
I have heard he will be playing with St Helens next year.

If today's news re: Saints and canberra is true he might well find that the only person he'll be playing with next year is himself.

Tiger Barn

Juniors
Davester said:
Tiger Barn said:

We hear a lot of things but that one sounds far-fetched. St. Helens?doesn't he prefer the country life? that's the opposite I think...

How far fetched does it sound now? I work with one of his mates so the mail was pretty good. 2 year contract.

Davester

Juniors
Tiger Barn said:
Davester said:
Tiger Barn said:

We hear a lot of things but that one sounds far-fetched. St. Helens?doesn't he prefer the country life? that's the opposite I think...

How far fetched does it sound now? I work with one of his mates so the mail was pretty good. 2 year contract.

So what's that mean?

Wait...I got an email from Steve Noyce...here it is...

Stephen Noyce said:
Hi David,
Thank you for your email.
I am not really sure of where you are coming from regarding this matter.
Jamie has swapped managers every few days & continues to get information from the Manly club. Not withstanding this we approached Jamie's latest manager to discuss a possible deal with Wests Tigers. In the end we said that we wanted Tim to talk with Jamie prior to making an offer & the next day we got a call to say he was going to the UK (I believe not the best advice for the boy). It is certainly wrong & unfair to say that we failed to get Jamie to agree to terms.

Regards,
Steve

And there we go....