What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Australian Team for the last Tri-Nations round?

Parrasque

Juniors
With recent injuries and the form of players like Grothe, Gower, Prince, Waterhourse, this should be in interesting thread.

My Team
1. Minichello
2. Tate (King, but Bennet won't here of it)
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Grothe (had a strong showing against the france)
6. Prince (If Barret is Fit he should be 5/8)
7. Gower
8. Civoniceva
9. Buderus
10. Price
11. O'Donnell
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Wing
15. O'Meley
16. Mason
17. Ryles

18. Waterhouse

kickback

Juniors
1. Minichello
2. Tate
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Prince
8. Civoniceva
9. Wing
10. Price (c)
11. O'Donnell
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Gower
15. O'Meley
16. Mason
17. Ryles

damo72

Juniors
I don't see why Tate is copping this bagging from alot of people about his position being under threat, he has probably been the Aussies best player in the tournament. And as an Eels fan myself I would love to see Grothe in there, but unless there is an injury to someone during the week I cannot see it happening, and I wouldn't wish injury onto any of the players especially Tate as the poor bugger has been through enough.

thuganomics

Coach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Minichello
2. Tate
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Barrett (Prince if Barrett is injured)
7. Gower/Prince
8. Civoniceva
9. Buderus (c)
10. Price
11. O'Donnell
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Wing
15. O'Meley
16. Mason
17. Ryles

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
1 - Minichello
2 - King
3 - Gasnier
4 - Cooper
5 - Grothe
6 - Barrett
7 - Prince
8 - O'Meley
9 - Buderus (c)
10 - Price
11 - O'Donnell
12 - Fitzgibbon
13 - Kennedy

14 - Gower
15 - Ryles
16 - Waterhouse
17 - Mason

Buderus better start playing well though, and Fitzgibbon just there for goalkicking.

bartman

Immortal
Unless there is further injury, I don't think Bennett will make any hanges to his team this match. I'm glad Grothe had a positive debut v France, but realistically I don't think that will catapult him into the team.

6. Barrett
7. Prince
14. Gower (6. if Barrett not fit)
18. Wing (14. if Barret not fit)

sooperdooper

First Grade
ok i am a parra fan but i am not bias.

do you really think matt king is a better winger than grothe? no way. king performed on the wing in SOO but has done nothing in the tri nations, his performance in SOO warranted him his position in the roos team.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think King is a better centre than winger, but it'll be hard to move him in the centres with Cooper and Gasnier playing well. Plus Bennett wont drop Tate or King for Grothe, I'd like to see it happen but I cant.

1. Minichello
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Tate
6. Barrett
7. Gower
8. Price
9. Buderus [c]
10. O'Meley
11. O'Donnell
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Wing/Prince
15. Civoniceva
16. Mason
17. Ryles/Waterhouse
I still think that side is good enough to beat GB and then NZL in the final. .

damo72

Juniors
I would love to see Grothe there but King has been sound and Tate has been very good and it would be a little strange to change a winning team.

Godz Illa

Coach
Physique said:
Grothe (had a strong showing against the france)
lol France. You Parra fans never fail to tickle the funny bone. First you want Lyon in because he conquered the mighty ESL, now Grothe because he was "strong" against the great powerhouse France. Oh and Hindmarsh was fit. And Glenn Morrisson was ripped off.

Daza_06

Juniors
1. Minichello
2. Tate
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Prince
8. Civoniceva
9. Buderus
10. Price
11. O'Donnell
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Gower
15. O'Meley
16. Mason
17. Ryles

aussies1st

Staff member
1. Minichello
2. Tate
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Gower
8. Ryles
9. Buderus (c)
10. Price
11. O'Donnell
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Wing
15. O'Meley
16. Mason
17. Civoniceva

Lets see what Ryles can do from starting.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
king has been ok, nothing special, i'd liek to see tate and grothe vs GB but it wont happen. I reckon the final team will include barrett and prince as halves, Buderus at hooker with gower on the bench. this way gower will come on to relivee bedsey even though he isnt tired, but it'll be a backup) plus gower can cover for prince if he forgets how to kick again, or for barrett for when he gets injured

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont see how everyone rates king on the wing.
he played great in SOO. but he has offered very lil in the tri nations.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
lol France. You Parra fans never fail to tickle the funny bone. First you want Lyon in because he conquered the mighty ESL, now Grothe because he was "strong" against the great powerhouse France. Oh and Hindmarsh was fit. And Glenn Morrisson was ripped off.

lyon also used to conquer the mighty NRL. im not standing up for him. but i cant recall many eels fans saying he should be in the squad. in AUS we repay loyalty, he has not shown any of it.
well france are not recognised as a powerhouse but they would be the 4th best nation at league in the world.

and hindmarsh was fit, declared fit by 2 Dr's. he just injured himself again.

i am a fan of morrison, however i know he will never wear the green and gold, he had a great year. i thought he was in a shot for the blues. o'donnell and creagh went on tour over him is beyond me

damo72

Juniors
Widders I thought would have been a smokey for the tour and Morrison must have said something that rubbed the right people the wrong way