What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best ever RL TRY

chrismiass

Juniors
I like the try luke burt made against the warriors last year when he ran like 110 metres to score it :roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Sorry 'mentary..Broncos grubbered through Burt took it ran and broke a tackle and then passed to Guru for the 90 mtr effort.

My specials are the Guru Snr already spoken about, the try Stupid Kelly scored against the Broncs in the 98 semi at ANZ...Jason Bell put a great step on Tonie Carroll...got cleaned up by Darren Smith but got a pill away to a flying Stu Kelly who outpaced Lockyer to the line.

One for you Lowey is the try Joe Lydon scored when he in and way'd on Garry Jack in the first test of the 86 Kangaroo Tour...a truly great try.

Cool. Thanks!

Parra Guru

Coach
Steve 'Pearl' Renouf in the 93? GF against the Dragons

Mark Coyne in SOO 1995? :x

Many many Beaver Menzies/Cliff Lyons specials

Stuart Kelly against the Broncos in 98 semi

Jamie Lyon against the Warriors in 01 semi

Eric Grothe Junior:
2006 in and away on Matt Sing
2005 bashes Fitzhenry to score
Can't remember the year but it was against the Panthers I think and he beat everyone length of the field, lots of fends and raw pace to score

Utey

Coach
Oh I almost forgot Tingha against Storm in the GF. Man that was an awesome try!

Parra Guru

Coach
oooh yeah that was a gooden UTE. Us in the nose bleeders could spot that play (literally) a mile off!!!

James_Hardie

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
Can't remember the year but it was against the Panthers I think and he beat everyone length of the field, lots of fends and raw pace to score

2000 i think. I was sitting with a mate who said, "Gee it would be great to see Grothe score an 80m try like his old man". And with that he delivered. Same mate said "we're home" at one stage in the game. Two tackles later Girdler came up with a try from a charge down from memory.

Grothe's try in that match was similar to the one Hindy scored against the Dragons in 2001 at Parra Stadium (well as similar as the two can get running 70 metres plus....)

dannyboy

Juniors
Two stick in my memory:

Benji's one against the Sharks last year (how many sets of hands?)

Gearin's chip over the top one in 1980(?)

The two worst ones?
Bloody Fulton's double in 1973 GF