What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite Dragons buy for this year

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
has to be weyman..

i've noticed his bullocking runs on tv over the past few years, however at the game v melbourne the other week, you could see in person the damage he does each time he runs..

first (?) purchase by wayne is also the best...

dragonfire

Bench
yeh Weyman has been awesome, hadnt really seen much of him previously but there was a lot of wasted potential through injuries. The guy is a handful. Smith is also great value as a tough as nails defender. I thought the other day that Boyd looked like the fastest player on the field, he may have been going sideways but he is trying to do something to get the team going.

petetheileet

First Grade
1. Weyman: Speaks for himself
2. Boyd: handled the FB Job well so far, would like to see him screaming up the middle a little bit when we are in the middle 3rd.
3. Priddis: we are noticabley quicker around the ruck when he comes on, more talented in the 9 than Young. Priddis has been outstanding.
4. Smith: Still has been great, however i think hyped up a lot more from the media, hasn't got thru as much work as i thought he would, yet when he's around the ball things happen.

Deacon

First Grade
00001823_Image.jpeg

Michael Weyman
Date of Birth : 13 September, 1984
Height : 185 cm
Weight : 114 kg
Position : Front Row
Rep. Honours : Australian Schoolboys 2002
Junior Clubs : Moruya Sharks
Previous Clubs : Raiders
FG Debut : v Penrith, Canberra Stadium, 17/5/03 (Rd 10)
Club Debut : v Penrith, Canberra Stadium, 17/5/03 (Rd 10)

this guy is 25 this year?

dosnt look a day over 35. i reckon he's done some creative editing on his birth certificate.

good buy though. playing very well so far.

Add to that......
Nickname: 40/20

Red'n'White

Juniors
Weyman, I had doubts last year but he has played out of his skin to start the season. Keep it up champ, and yeah Darius run straight mate.

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't know about 'favourite' buy but I have to give a huge wrap to Luke Priddis he has been a revelation off the bench for us so far this season, it's been a while since we have had a decent hooker IMO

Godz Illa

Coach
Well Jeremy Smith was my pick from the moment he signed, and he has been terrific. But Weyman has (so far) exceeded expectations by a long long way.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Has to be Horse
Tops the NRL in metres
Tops the NRL in metres per run
Averaging 24 tackles per game
Low error rate
If he keeps it up at this rate he’ll play origin and that will drag a lot of aspirational players to the Dragons/Bennett school for wayward boys
Holistically, Bennett is the best buy and by a long shot.
We missed 8 tackles in Rd2
None from Scott and one from Sowie
24 missed tackles last week in what was considered a good defensive effort
Hopefully BH will work on his passing game during the week and we’ll have an even better result

league

Juniors
Weyman and Smith. And to think that some people were calling Smith overrated last year....:o:o:eek:

Dragons_Head

Juniors
Weyman and J.Smith have proved to be 2 of the best buys of our joint-venture history.
I would like to see Mickey Paea get a run, why spend money on him when he is being wasted in reserves.
IMO, get rid of Dan Hunt (so useless) and give him a run
Priddis needs to start, play young off the bench as utility
Boyd in centres, B.Morris fullback
We have some quality new boys who need to be playing major roles in our side. They have a lot more heart than the old boys.:sarcasm:

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Does Bennett count as a buy?

If not, it has to be Weyman.
He just looks like a terrific player and he really knows how to clock up the metres.
Looking good so far, let's keep it up.