What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Favourite Queensland Dragons

Willow

Assistant Moderator
OK, with Mark Coyne, he won us more than a few games. But I recall one match at Kogarah when he was knocked out and senseless, but still on his feet. At the time we were desperately defending our line.

There was no opportunity for a replacement but everyone could see that Coyne was in Disneyland. For all intents and purposes, we were a man short in the line.

I was on the grass in the NW corner and saw team mates push Coyne out of the way and towards the corner post in front of me.

He was groggy, and no use to anyone. It was the last tackle, the opposition saw Coyne and sent the ball towards him. I resigned myself to conceding a try.

But in the same second, Coyne dusted himself off and stumbled up to pull off a try saving tackle. We got the ball back.

I think he was a little offside.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Coyney, Rocket, Wally F-S, the other "Brothers'.
Bartrim may have played for Qld, but he is a NSWaler.

77Dragons

Juniors
Graham Quinn was a favorite of mine and still is. Had a #3 on my ist jersey and he will probably be one of my favorite players let alone Qld player.

Sidestep

Juniors
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Brennan, Mitch [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1979_brennan_1.jpg
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]St George, 1978-80, 51 games. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]35t, 2g (109pts)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Winger. Centre.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Qld rep (1981-83).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Trialled with Toronto Argonauts in North American Football.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In 1977, while in contract negotiations with Brisbane Souths, Mitch trialled with Saints under the false name of 'Mickey Lane' - a pseudonym invented by coach Harry Bath who borrowed it from a British street name. Brennan was recognised and fined.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Possessing an amazing turn of pace, Brennan was the club's top try scorer in 1979 with 16 tries.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Winner of the 'golden try' award (a mid-week cup award) in 1978 and 1980. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Played in 1979 Grand Final victory.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]more: 1978, 1979, team 1979[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/history/history_players_ab.php

Cheers Willow, Mitch carried the ball very strongly for a winger back in those days. Definite crowd favourite.