What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Final Standings

eelsta

Bench
premiers03 said:
Hey whippet i think u have got yourself into sh*t now mate..
U should learn to shut your mouth and not say anything unless u know its true then u shouldnt say a word anyway ..
How would u like to be taking to court or something similar to that cause of what u have said cause if its not true they can do it and i know for sure bout that cause i have done it to a person cause what they said wasnt true but it ended that big it could of gone to court so shut your mouth and spot spreading sh*t...
RIGHT
:whistle now can we have that again in english :? :?

premiers03

Juniors
U can get into shit for starting things that arent true which i know can happen because it has happened to myslelf
So if whippet wants to start shit and finds out its not true the player who has said something can lose his spot with penrith and also whippet can be taken to court for spreading shit..
That is y i told him to shut his mouth cause stuff can be take further against him..
Plus i and a few others go to training and we have not yet seen those 2 players in a fight or anything in that regards...

Iafeta

Referee
sydraider said:
I find it funny how during last season most were saying Drew was hopeless, Monas overated,Davico a butterfingers and Mclinden a turnstyle, yet when any non raiders fans justifies there pick of the raiders for the spoon these are the first names to come up as "loss of experience" :|
We will miss Wiki, no doubt, he is a huge loss, the others im not so sure will be missed as much.
As they say though, to each their own.
We are an unknown quantity, i think that scares more than a few people, i cant guarantee a comp or a top 8 berth but i know one thing............

WE GOT BUCKLEYS OF WINNING THE SPOON!

GO THE RAIDERS!

You'll miss Davico for mine too. I'm staggered he never played Origin, he was a phenomonal player for Canberra. Real toiler, all ticker, no thrills get the job done sort of player.

McLinden won't be missed per se, except for say the first couple of months that Todd Carney comes to grips with the top levels of the NRL. After then it'll be "Mark who?"

Monaghan I don't believe was overrated, he was a pretty lethal finisher.

Drew was great in 2001, but that was the about the end of it unfortunately.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
*gets the psychic headgear on*...

1: Dogs
2: Dragons
3: Broncs
4: Poosters
5: Warriors
6: Eels
7: Cowboys
8: Panthers
9: Storm
10: Tigers
11: Knights
12: Sharks
13: Raiders
14: Manly
15: Bunnies

There will be f**k all points seperating positions 7 - 14, as I think this will be the closest season yet.

borat

Bench
The Way I See It said:
borat said:
My gut says the dogs will be top of the tree again but history suggests its near impossible to get back to back titles particularly with the enforced salary cap we have today.

1. Dragons
2. Bulldogs
3. Broncos
4. Roosters
5. Panthers
6. Eels
7. Cowboys
8. Warriors
9. Storm
10. Sharks
11. Manly
12. Knights
13. Souths
14. Tigers
15. Raiders

Are you talking about 1982 cause thats the last time the raiders got the spoon and somehow it wont happen again with souths,Dragons,Manly and parra in the comp.
Your Dreaming mate!

Its my opinion mate and PLENTY of people agree the raiders will get the spoon because its the worst Raiders team entered in the comp since 82.

Raider Azz

Bench
borat said:
Its my opinion mate and PLENTY of people agree the raiders will get the spoon because its the worst Raiders team entered in the comp since 82.
It's not even CLOSE to our worst. I take it you never saw our '01 team?

(thanks thickos for the team ;-) )

Schifcofske
Odell Manuel
Shane Kelly
Rod Jensen
(an injury prone) Ken Nagas
Finch
McFadden
Brad Kelly
Jason Croker
Wiki
Darren Mapp
Davico
Woolford
Payten

Thompson
Rutgerson
Hodgson
McLinden

MUCH worse IMO, and even that team finished 11th. I'd be devestated if our team next year did worse than that team did.

There were a lot of crappy players in that team who have moved on. Our forwards are ALOT stronger now with O'Hara and Weyman, plus solid first-graders like Hindmarsh. Also our backs, while not at the quality of Gasiner, Sing and Tonga, get the job done.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Immortal, i see you are makin your opinion clear, but only against other peoples. I'd like to see your standings :)

thuganomics

Coach
Raider_Azz said:
borat said:

Schifcofske
Odell Manuel
Shane Kelly
Rod Jensen
Finch
McFadden
Brad Kelly
Jason Croker
Wiki
Darren Mapp
Davico
Woolford
Payten

Thompson
Rutgerson
Hodgson
McLinden

Well that team beat the Bulldogs and the Broncos and the Roosters that year....Smashed the Dogs and the Broncos away from home.

mattyj

Juniors
Biggest group of name droppers ive ever seen. C'mon "i see Ben Ross at the swimming pool"... hahaha, give me a break.
"Im gonna talk to John Lang" tonight...Whatever.

JTR

Juniors
It's too hard to pick a final 8 at this time of the year.

So, in no particular order...

Definitely in finals
Roosters
Bulldogs
Broncos
Panthers

Could/Should be in finals
Dragons
Cowboys
Warriors
Storm
Eels

Chance to make finals
Knights
Raiders
Sharks
Tigers

No chance
Manly
Souths

Raiders Plight

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Raider_Azz said:
borat said:

Schifcofske
Odell Manuel
Shane Kelly
Rod Jensen
Finch
McFadden
Brad Kelly
Jason Croker
Wiki
Darren Mapp
Davico
Woolford
Payten

Thompson
Rutgerson
Hodgson
McLinden

Well that team beat the Bulldogs and the Broncos and the Roosters that year....Smashed the Dogs and the Broncos away from home.

We also beat the high flying Eels that year too. What a strange year that was.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raiders Plight said:
thuganomics said:
Raider_Azz said:
borat said:

Schifcofske
Odell Manuel
Shane Kelly
Rod Jensen
Finch
McFadden
Brad Kelly
Jason Croker
Wiki
Darren Mapp
Davico
Woolford
Payten

Thompson
Rutgerson
Hodgson
McLinden

We also beat the high flying Eels that year too. What a strange year that was.

Got that right RP
f**k that is an ordinary team :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
premiers03 said:
U can get into sh*t for starting things that arent true which i know can happen because it has happened to myslelf
So if whippet wants to start sh*t and finds out its not true the player who has said something can lose his spot with penrith and also whippet can be taken to court for spreading sh*t..
That is y i told him to shut his mouth cause stuff can be take further against him..
Plus i and a few others go to training and we have not yet seen those 2 players in a fight or anything in that regards...

Hmmm interesting what is being reported in the telegraph

Telegraph said:
Penrith big men rumble
By James Hooper and Todd Balym
January 26, 2005

A HEATED physical altercation between former Australian prop Joel Clinton and Penrith teammate Ben Ross has led to both players being disciplined by Panthers management.

The former flatmates were hauled into Penrith headquarters to explain their actions after a confrontation boiled over in the Panthers gymnasium.

Clinton allegedly dropped Ross to the floor with one punch – but the former Australian frontrower denied this version of events.

"All it was was a personal issue. It had nothing to do with football or anything like that," Clinton said.

"We had a verbal argument, we got it out of our system and that was about it.

"There were no punches thrown – that's the rumours I heard going around, too, but it was just a verbal argument."

It is understood the dispute was sparked by an off-field matter before being swiftly resolved by Penrith officials

Glenn

First Grade
Ever get the feeling there are some that shoul;d be eating some humble pie right about now ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Glenn said:
Ever get the feeling there are some that shoul;d be eating some humble pie right about now ;-)

yes i believe the whippet is serving up some pie as we speak to the various panther fans, premiers03 is being a gluten thou :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Immortal, i see you are makin your opinion clear, but only against other peoples. I'd like to see your standings

I usually don't like to do the ladder for next year because theres no many if & buts to it, but have a dig anyway

1.Bulldogs - despite injuries at beginning of the season they are most likely to be the No.1 team. Have had no major losses other than Price. Price was great player but certainly not vital to winning a premiership

2.Rooster- We don't really know what will come for Roosters next year with Fittler gone & by virtually a rookie when you compare the experience between the 2. Firman has been tipped by some to be the next Australian halfback after his steller rookie season with St George Illawarra, & Stuart will continue to get the best out of his players

3.Broncos- Not all that much has changed. Broncos may have lost a bit of 'fear-factor' with Tallis no longer with them but have found another intimidating player in Thorne, & Broncos don't seem to get all that phased when Lockyer isn't playing

4.Dragons- Will still lose some of the games that should no doubt be theres, but will improve. They had the 5th best attack & 2nd best defence in the 2004 season which shows that they can be the best, but will once again come down to attitude. Brown may have a tough time with some big losses in Kite, Riddell, Firman & Withers. Dragons have a far better percentage of winning when Barrett is playing, so he will play a huge part in how high they finish at the end of the regular season

5.Penrith-Not all that much has changed but I feel Penrith are starting to lose their edge after their phenomonal 2003 season

That's my top 5, the rest we can't give too much comment about.

Knights, it's all about Johns.

Eels have recuited had the best recuitment for 2005 so could finish very high, but with Smith as coach we just don't know. Halfback position is not good in the Eels ranks

Storm I can only see staying in the same position or going backwards

Cowboys showed they can match the best but have never impressed me during the regular season, they may have given everyone expectations they can't handle

Sharks are a good chance of getting in the 8, Kimmorley/Dykes is the key to their success, but if Kimmorley gets injured for as long as he did for 2004 they won't be getting there

Manly & NZ have recuited good players but I can't see them completely changing over 1 off-season

Tigers, Souths & Raiders are the ones being tipped for the spoon. Tigers & Raiders have lost experienced players. I don't think Tigers will get the spoon however because they lost players that weren't with them in 2003 & they didn't get the spoon then & have a better coach now

Big Mick

Referee
Glenn said:

Not really.

Whippet said that there was a massive fight, punches thrown and all.

All it was was a verbal argument, probably along the lines of "your a dickhead"

How many times have u called your mate a dickhead, or just had a verbal fight with your mate. I know I have and we've gone to the pub that same night as though nothing happened.