What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your First Eels game

strider

Post Whore
Plus i dont think dogs fans punched on in the 70s .... the westies were more likely back in those days

As a very young fella I was a Sharks/Eels fan 76-77, in 78 I became Sharks alone, with a soft passion for the Eels.
My old man was a Saints fan, he took me to Jubilee in 79, there were nearly 22k people there.
We were stuck up near the fence, there was a kid there about 8 years old dressed all in his Parra gear. He kept asking his dad to go to the toilet but the dad wouldn't listen and kept watching the game. Next thing, the poor kid backed up to the fence and it all came out, No.2's down his leg. I felt really bad for him, it was terrible to see the look on his face.

Next Parra game live was Sept 27th 1981 at the SCG, I was in the Sheridan Stand. Don Lane was sitting near us, Souths had played in the U23's GF. My mate offered him a mintie, and he took it.
That day made Brett Kenny my second all-time favourite player behind Sludge.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Plus i dont think dogs fans punched on in the 70s .... the westies were more likely back in those days
In the mid 2000's the Dogs-Eels games were scary to go too.

I think also it was one of the reasons we didn't play the Dogs at Parra Stadium for a few years there because of crowd behavior.

Between 2003-2007 we only played them twice at Parra stadium before transferring our home games against them to Homebush.

They have cleaned it up not sure how they did it tbh as it was out of control there for a few years.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m just making up stories. I don’t remember what happened last week FFS!

I remember sneaking a toffee apple into class and when the teacher wasn't looking giving it a lick. Then I went the whole hog and took a bite and was caught. The toffee apple.was confiscated and the s**t put a bar of soap in my mouth.

crocodile

Bench

I think also it was one of the reasons we didn't play the Dogs at Parra Stadium for a few years there because of crowd behavior.

Between 2003-2007 we only played them twice at Parra stadium before transferring our home games against them to Homebush.

They have cleaned it up not sure how they did it tbh as it was out of control there for a few years.
Yeah I remember the Homebush games. Don't recall the year but we were down 20 zip at half time and the dogs' fans were ecstatic. Came back in the second half and towelled them 28-20. I remember being a bit nervous walking back to the car amongst a throng of doggies. f*ck it was good though.

Incorrect

Coach
Yeah I remember the Homebush games. Don't recall the year but we were down 20 zip at half time and the dogs' fans were ecstatic. Came back in the second half and towelled them 28-20. I remember being a bit nervous walking back to the car amongst a throng of doggies. f*ck it was good though.
That was round 1 2008. I was at an end of cricket season piss up at Rosehill that day... We legged it from the track to the Albion to watch the game and we were all wishing we'd stayed at the races or gone home come halftime...

Incorrect

Coach

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I watched that game at the Leagues Club. Up in the old Sterlos. Place was going off in the second half.

Suitman

Post Whore

I was also at that game. That was at the Showground wasn't it?
Anyway, if it wasn't, I remember a game at the showgound. Sold out. Absolutely jam packed and no segregation whatsoever.
I genuinely feared for my life leaving that night as I and a few mates were caught in the middle of hundreds of angry Dogs fans.

And yes, there were several years at Parra Stadium where brawls broke out both inside and outside the stadium and hence games weren't played there for a while.
It wasn't long after these years that the NRL started the "home fans" and "away fans" sections.
They were very slow to catch on.

crocodile

Bench
I was also at that game. That was at the Showground wasn't it?
Anyway, if it wasn't, I remember a game at the showgound. Sold out. Absolutely jam packed and no segregation whatsoever.
I genuinely feared for my life leaving that night as I and a few mates were caught in the middle of hundreds of angry Dogs fans.

And yes, there were several years at Parra Stadium where brawls broke out both inside and outside the stadium and hence games weren't played there for a while.
It wasn't long after these years that the NRL started the "home fans" and "away fans" sections.
They were very slow to catch on.
Showgrounds as in Homebush. Yes it was. I got an invite by a good mate ( a rabid doggies supporter ) who's ol' man had seasons tickets to all Homebush events. Lucky he was with me on the long walk back to the car. I always park in the Hill St Factories or Newington Estate to avoid the car park escape. I remember that walk with masses of doggies right behind and in front of me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Round one 2008. I watched it at the pub in Townsville. Awesome game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I was there when we put 50 on them at Parra Stadium in 2005. Another awesome game. Toward the end of the game I went around the stadium to the other stand to see a friend and got accosted by Doggies fans on the way over there. They wanted a smoke but f**ked if I was giving a cigarette to those loosers. I gave them my shoes and jacket instead.

crocodile

Bench
I was there when we put 50 on them at Parra Stadium in 2005. Another awesome game. Toward the end of the game I went around the stadium to the other stand to see a friend and got accosted by Doggies fans on the way over there. They wanted a smoke but f**ked if I was giving a cigarette to those loosers. I gave them my shoes and jacket instead.
I wasn't at that game but I remember it. Two more bottlers come to mind. The 2009 final against the dragqueens with that superb EGJ intercept. Made more delightful because Jamie Soward threw it. Then the 2009 prelim beating those doggies. Last weeks drubbing doesn't feel so bad anymore. Fire up all you shirtlifters and recidivist reprobates. It's game day.

Latest posts