What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your first game of RL?

mik01

Juniors
Ipswich v Brothers, 1986 at Lang Park. I was 10.
Met Alfie Langer in the stands. the year before the Broncs began.

never forget it. (except Ipswich lost - dammit)

pineappley

Juniors
My very first rugby league game -
Brookvale Oval
Manly v Dragons
61-0

I thought it was awesome, I had no idea football was so exciting!

Nuke

Staff member
That is so sweet! You do realise Queensland rugby league doesnt' count!
I don't know if you're taking the piss or not. I suspect you are, but if not, the title of this thread actually makes no reference to specific competitions -it only says 'your first game of RL'. Plus, others have nominated their local suburban team as being their first live League experience, so anything goes I reckon!

Pigskin

Juniors
Guessing a little ... but think Easts vs Valleys @ Langlands Park, 1975.

Think we lost in a close one.

Oink !

TeamSatan

Juniors
Leichhardt oval 1969...balmain vs newtown

Leichhardt was an oval not rectangle....wooden seats around the fence...newtown were called the "bluebags".

I remember going to see the bears play newtown at Henson park about the same time ...he parked the car at the fence and we sat on the bonnet and watched the game.

Those were the days..

Knightmare

Coach
My first was State Of Origin 1 in 2004, Shaun Timmins kicked the winning field goal and all the NSW supporters high fiving and hugging made me want to go to many more.

You're lying and you know it. Only Queenslanders are that passionate about Origin :roll:

stupidhumour

Juniors
First game under lights at Caltex Field v the Tigers - can't remember the year...help

Anyway, they got up...

redvscotty

First Grade
Not asure when it was but it was at seagulls stadium, and it was seagulls vs broncos, seagulls got up right on the full time buzzer with a 50m or so try.

awesome.

my sister had a sherbet stick and put it all over the bloke in front of us when she was cheering. we laughed dad told us to not worry about it.

Digeze

Juniors
Dad used to take to the Magpies games all the time in the early 80's. The only thing i remember about them is playing on the hill with the other kids and racing down to the fence to shake the magpie mascots hand.

First specific game that i can remember was a few years later, Tigers Vs Magpies at Leichhardt. Went with family friends that were Balmain supporters while dad and i were Maggies. Balmain won 40-0, we sat in the grandstand up the end of the ground which is now defunct. Ellery Hanley was playing for the Magpies and got massive boos everytime he touched the ball (being a former Balmain player).

Heh, 40-0, apart from a couple of Magpie semi-finals in the mid 90's and the grandfinal win in '05, that's been the typical theme of things for me as a rugby league supporter :(

ferntree footy

Juniors
Some SOO in Melbourne but I really count my first game where I gave a care as Storm vs Norths(?) first Storm game in Melbourne 1998. Signed up with the Storm and never renewed my AFL club membership.