What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your individual player comments

Done in positions:

1. Peachey - did some very good things but they were slightly outweighed by the very dumb things. Sin binning and talk back a major problem. He's not the captain but reckons the younger blokes look to him for leadership. He's failed in this regard.
2. Merritt - not bad in limited time on the field
3. McGoldrick - not awful, but very quiet. We need someone who is there to win games, not make up the numbers. Missed the tackle on the game winning try for the second week in a row.
4. Franze - send him back to PL, could be all over red rover for him.
5. Rieck - solid, full credit to him. He can catch and positional play sound. Outstanding try turning Patten inside out.
6. Bird - one of his better games but he's still looking to do too much and coming up with errors etc.
7. Kimmorley - great money ball to Rieck and some decent kicking games, good in defence too but I was looking for some more try assists close to the Dogs line.
8. Stevens - good to see he's back. Very effective without being outstanding. Good to see some nice offloads re-introduced to the Sharks play.
9. Bosnich - quiet but effective. Does the heavy lifting before Sully comes on
10. Beattie - see Stevens' comments. Inspirational tackle to force an error over near the sideline.
11. Nutley - I've deadset had it with this bloke. He gives 110% which could be his problem. Makes some good tackles, makes lots of them. His ill discipline provides more drawbacks than any benefit he brings to the team. One of the older blokes and therefore should know better.
12. Bailey - this clown must have his eye on his next Dragons/Roosters contract. Pushed passes and errors galore. He's replaced Rieck, whenever he gets the ball now my heart is in my mouth. Every time he gets tackled and the ball remains safe I can breathe again.
13. Hilder - keeps on keeping on

14. Lomu - great game from Lomu and doing what we're paying him the big bucks for
15. Sullivan - enterprising play and he's good in short bursts. He adds a lot of spark from dummy half but then again he cant pass very well and struggles to place the ball over the line properly.
16. Isemonger - quiet but effective I guess
17. Galloway - getting there. Does his fair share of the heavy lifting.

Docking

Juniors
ShireShark said:
12. Bailey - this clown must have his eye on his next Dragons/Roosters contract. Pushed passes and errors galore. He's replaced Rieck, whenever he gets the ball now my heart is in my mouth. Every time he gets tackled and the ball remains safe I can breathe again.

Couldn't have described Bailey better myself, excellent assesment of him

pogo

Juniors
that is the greatest load of GARBAGE as an assessment i have ever seen in my life!!!!!!
what game were you watching shire NARK!!!

cheese

Bench
get your hand off it pogo ....opinions are like arse holes, everyones got one.

.....those sound pretty fair to me, ss

Have a go then pogo, you dickhead, you need to offer some counterpoints rather than talk trash...if every post was like yours there'd be no debate, it would just be name calling.

Note the thread title 'YOUR individual player comments', what's stopping you?

pogo

Juniors
yeah your DEAD right cheese and shire shark i have had my hand on it...( many many times) but as a judge of footballers you blokes have dead set triple NFI
regards pogo
you would be find fault if you had the australian 13 out there!!!
hopefully you will swap sides and support south sydney, i hope the players dont read this forum..............then again!!!

Have a go then pogo, you dickhead, you need to offer some counterpoints rather than talk trash...if every post was like yours there'd be no debate, it would just be name calling.

Note the thread title 'YOUR individual player comments', what's stopping you?

Special K

Coach
Go away Pogo you wanker. It's great to be able to talk about how everyone went for a change rather than us all giving it to 2 or 3.

Alan Shore

First Grade
The more I see Bailey, the more I think of him as an arrogant toff ball. He looks dirty and I actually wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Docking

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
The more I see Bailey, the more I think of him as an arrogant toff ball. He looks dirty and I actually wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Too right. Would we free up a lot of cap room by releasing him?

Special K

Coach
3. McGoldrick - Solid. In defence he works hard and in attack he just doesn't have the confidence. e always took the safe play which was what was needed at times but he needs to back himself.
5. Rieck - I'll take back my words. I gave him so much in the past but my god he is turning good. f**king great run to score and while he got caught out once big time at the start his kick reading was great.
12. Bailey - He really doesn't want the $300 thou contracts does he?
16. Isemonger - Next....

Is all I'll do for now

pogo

Juniors
get back to the plastercine shire shark you have done nothing but bag greg bird for weeks and the first two games have made you look like an absolute goose plus your comments re sullivan are a JOKE

cheese

Bench
pogo said:
your comments re sullivan are a JOKE
Why?

Any halfwit with half a brain knows that sullivan struggles to pass both sides

And any halfwith with half a brain knows that sullivan has struggled with ball security over the past two seasons..

....care to elaborate your point, ol' holy one?

who are you, you weirdo, and what makes you the authority on anything
i'm inviting your opinion and youre keeping it well guarded
btw the jury is still well out on bird and i've gone out of my way to be somewhat kind to him tonight, even though many others would suggest he was rubbish

I agree with most of it, though I thought Franze was solid considering how long he's been out. I also thought Bailey played well, even with the errors, and that Sullivan was a standout with his running, even if his handling scares me.

It seemed to me Beattie and Stevens were marginally slower than last week, though others will probably disagree. I hope it's not a downhill trend.

Galloway made one mistake, but he got a couple of nice offloads which is a very hopeful sign. The commentators go on and on about Sonny Bill Williams, but Galloway is about the same age and already top class.

Docking

Juniors
eternaltreblinka said:
commentators go on and on about Sonny Bill Williams, but Galloway is about the same age and already top class.

Thats true, perhaps we could be accused of bias but I also believe that Gallows is leaps and bounds ahead of Williams in skill and Williams was shown up time and time again tonight

Why?

Any halfwit with half a brain knows that sullivan struggles to pass both sides

And any halfwith with half a brain knows that sullivan has struggled with ball security over the past two seasons..

....care to elaborate your point, ol' holy one?
Well said

I think we've seen this clown around here before
We cant keep up with him though, he makes a fool out of himself every so often then disappears, changes his name then sticks to the shadows

Nice thread hijacking though

pogo

Juniors
get a video of the game and watch sullivan s game exclusively and tell me he wasnt the reason this side was on fire.............he had a blinder and all you blokes can do is criticise.
have you EVER been 3 metres out and stetched for the line only to drop the ball in traffic!!!!!
move to redfern and then you might have something to complain about!