What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your individual player comments

I think you have probably been too critical SS but you are entitled to your opinion like the rest of us.

We lost the bloody game. Initially I blamed the ref but then I calmed down and thought critically. I've tried to qualify all my comments.

If anyone thinks we played outstanding tonight, they were watching a different game. If anyone thinks we can win the comp by playing like that, they're deluded.

I dont see what's so controversial about my comments. And nice post McSharkie, at least you offered an opinion. People who arent willing to post their own opinion havent earnt the right to put down someone else's.

Macca

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
1.Because we lifted tonight
2. Because the Tigers are a bogey side for us
3. The referess 10 m
4. The time
5. It was the first game
6. The Tigers palyed well
7. Noddys kicks

Yeah I know Reefy, I just wish, that's all.

b_shark

Juniors
I agree that we aren't going to win the comp if we can't get better at putting the ball over the line - but ffs its round 2 and its about a 300% improvement on last week - against better rated competition. Credit where credit's due

We lost and there's this idea that we played really well

The errors were a massive problem but for some there's this romantic notion that we played well enough and only lost because of the ref

A lot of people think "well done sharkies, pats on the back, let me buy you a beer, we only lost by 4"

Well a loss by 4 isnt good enough. And I'm trying to figure out why we lost and who is accountable. It's called critical thought. It's like science v religion. One is based on knowledge and reason and the other is based on blind faith.

Keep on believing that close enough is good enough and we'll never win. That's the losing culture that Anderson was talking about. Personally I'll keep looking for reasons and causes and I wont apologise for it. I love the Sharks as much as anyone I know so I wont be told that I'm not a fan simply because I call a spade a spade.

There were some positives and I posted them. But I think they were outweighed by negatives - just.
i.e. by about four points.

If you want to live in a little fantasy land where near enough is good enough, well maybe this forum isnt for you. Or why dont you just press the ignore button on my posts. At the very least offer an opinion more than 'we played really well today' because if that was really well then never mind winning the comp, we wont make it past round 26.

sharknows

Bench
You guys really like to piss in each others pockets don't you? I really would like to have the supreme knowledge and unquestionable vision that you possess. Reefy you must be a proper jerk in the real world. Have you ever put on a football boot?

sharknows

Bench
You guys really like to piss in each others pockets don't you? I really would like to have the supreme knowledge and unquestionable vision that you possess. Reefy you must be a proper jerk in the real world. Have you ever put on a football boot?

b_shark

Juniors
SS - I don't think I said anywhere in my post that close enough is good enough. And I didn't think I was being overly critical of your post - just that I felt the game was an improvement on last week. You have to balance the faith and the critique - otherwise it just gets too depressing.

Macca

Coach
:lol: That is scary.

SS, the only negative tonight was the goal kicking. Everything else was a step in the right direction. We have to give them time but there are glimpses of a good year ahead. The result didn't go our way and that is hard to accept but the positives out weighed the negatives 10 to 1 in my opinion.

Macca

Coach
They have their inside jokes that only they know about mate, don't waste your time with it, they talk in riddles most of the time.

I am pretty sure Reefy played a fair bit of footy for a now defunct club a while back, so I wouldn't ask anymore "have you ever" questions.

Foz

Bench
Why are the Tigers a Bogey side for us ?
I know they dished us up last year and beat us last week but I think you'll find our record is pretty good against them over the last 5 years. In fact I think they may have only won 1 other game in that time.
Manly at Brookvale isnt real good.
I'm glad we play them at home this week.

millersnose

Post Whore
***criticism alert - all posters who think this board should be white and fluffy and only talk about nice things please dont read any further ****

now for those of us who actually like to talk about footy warts and all:

peachey - brilliant as a fullback - bad in discipline 6/10
meritt - not enough to guage
reick - very good 8/10
franze - i can wear a couple of flat games given how much time he has been out 5/10
mcgoldrick - see franze 5/10
bird - did nothing but drop the ball 5/10
noddy - best player on the park 8/10
hilder - was he playing? 5/10
bailey - looks like he is trying to bust tackles but when he does he cant pass - i think he will settle and become a real asset 6/10
lomu - settling in well 8/10
stevens - a great game 8/10
beattie - a great game 8/10
bosnich - a plodder 5/10
sullivan - another attacking option - i am not a big fan but i think he will develop a bit more this year 7/10
nutley - great footballer and athough his discipline is better than last year still costly 6/10

gameplan - very positive - i like the way they played 8/10

changes?

i would put sullivan in for bird

and vagana in for mcgoldy

Macca

Coach
bird - did nothing but drop the ball 5/10

I don't care if you critisise people but atleast get it right.

2 handling errors. That's right 2. 1 missed tackle. You guys should really stop your Bird is crap mentality. He was one of our better players last night. He made 11 hit ups for 106 mtrs too which is more than Lomu, Galloway and Isemonger along with 19 tackles. Wow, how bad is that? Let's replace him. :roll:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Mcsharkie, i would forget using stats from now on. Especially any stats from NRL.com or BigLeague.
After speaking directly to an official over the weekend I enquired as to why Preston was still on 0 line breaks, as Big league & NRL.com have him.
Officially, he is on 2.
Also last night, Andrew lomu was down as some kind of special stat man leading everything from tackles hit ups offloads T/assists.
NRL.com has a severe code problem with their stats. They are applying algorythms to come up with all sorts of nancy pancy fancy results.
But they have forgotten to be accurate.

SirShire

First Grade
Well said McS

These guys just can seem to bring it upon themselves to lay off Bird, even when he played well.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Also last night, Andrew lomu was down as some kind of special stat man leading everything from tackles hit ups offloads T/assists.

Yeah I noticed that as well....

In any case my opinion is my own....If I dont see the match I rely on you guys :shock:

Special thanks to salmon for his up to date posting last night

Good man!!

carinashark

First Grade
What about Reike ! He had a great game picking up those cross feild kicks ( how hard would they be to see from the other side of the feild) he made meters every time ,I think, and bagged a try. Not bad. Could be a future full back along with Franze.
Carinashark