What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Kiwis team/squad

Meth

Staff member
Perrett
Kenny Dowall
Sau (Tomane is terrible defensively)
Matai
Vatuvei (if fit- otherwise Nightingale)
Marshall
Foran
Asotasi
Luke
Moi Moi
Mannering
Harrison
Blair

Res- Hohaia, Paul Nuuasala, Pritchard, Rapira

18- Brown
19- Heremaia

Where is Hargreaves?

Meth

Staff member
I would have him in a heartbeat if his form is anywhere near what it was last year. The intensity and psychology that he brought to the Kiwis team last year was invaluable

joseph1

Juniors
1) Hohaia
2) Perret
3) Matai
4) Kenny-Dowell
5) Goodwin
6) Marshall
7) Foran
8) Moimoi
9) Luke
10) Rapira
11) Blair
12) Pritchard
13) Harrison

14) Heremaia
15) Lima
16) Nuuasala
17) Warea-Hargreaves

Presuming Asotasi, Mannering, Smith, Vatuvei are all injured/not match fit

That is a monster forward pack that Australia would struggle to contain if we were fired up.

WarriorDog

Juniors
1. Inu
2. Nightingale
3. Matai
4. Kenny-Dowell
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Lima
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Mannering
12. Pritchard
13. Blair

14. Perret
15. Harrison
16. Moimoi
17. Brown

...now thats an awesome side. Perret covers fullback/wing, Brown covers hooker/lock/second row (preferred him over Hohaia because Hohaia offers less on defence)

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Updated...

1 Lance Hohaia
2 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3 Steve Matai
4 Jr Sau
5 Jason Nightingale
6 Benji Marshall
7 Kieran Foran
8 Sam Rapira
9 Issac Luke
10 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
11 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
12 Bronson Harrison
13 Adam Blair

R Fuifui Moimoi
R Frank Pritchard
R Jeff Lima
R Sam Perett
18 Lewis Brown

Options - Krisnan Inu, Kevin Locke, Bryson Goodwin, Ben Roberts, Zeb Taia, Ben Matulino, Joseph Tomane,Jerome Ropati, Russell Packer, Aaron Heremaia, Eddy Pettybourne, Evarn Tuimavave, Cooper Vuna, Sam McKendry, Masada Iosefa, Antonio Winterstein, Ben Te'o, Alex Glenn, Steve Rapira, Issak Ah Mau, James Tamou, Justin Horo, Fetuli Talanoa, Ricky Thorby, Kevin Proctor, Hep Cahill, Joe Galuvao, Sam Tagataese, Jesse Royal, Ukuma Ta'ai, Bill Tupou, Clinton Toopi

Injured: Simon Mannering, Manu Vatuvei, Jeremy Smith, Roy Asotasi

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Hohaia
Inu (yes on the wing)
Matai
Sau
Kenny-Dowell
Foran
Marshall
MoiMoi
Luke
Rapira
JWH
Brown
Blair

Glenn
Lima
Pritchard
Harrison/Tuimavavue/Steve Rapira

*considering if Asotasi, Vatuvei, Mannering and Smith are all out

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
We now have quite a bit of depth.
Even with a few injuries.

I wouldnt considered vatuvei or mannering. Not sure with asotasi if not available FPN / JWH can both step in.
I not a big matai fan - doesnt offer enough in attack and injury prone.

Not bonofied centre options regardless we would be taking a gamble.
Ive only seen Sau play one game but he looked good.

We might possibly have to blood tomane.
He is very raw like SKD however athletically Tomane has that X-factor something we have been lacking in the centres.
Possibly blood him on the wing.
The Wings spots are very open.

Hell didnt see the knights play and I know he does some dumb stuff. But Cooper Vuna would offer something on the wing.
VUNA FOR WING SPOT. LOL

I really like Alex Glenn conifident player - very versatile can play centre, secondrow, lock and have stints on wing, hooker - legitmately so has to be in the squad IMO. Quick + good D.
I would consider starting him in the centres.

As for pritchard - seems to be geting on a bit. a little bit stale however could offer a lot of the bench.
Tempted to give his spot to JWH if he start of with a hiss and roar.

Love forward pack - Blair , Harrison and Steven Rapira my favourites players in the NRL.

Brown would definately come close. A real physical player versatile. Again consider him closely for a bench spot. Be interesting to see if he can genuiley offer hooker cover. I know he would be good for a stint at 13.

1. Hohaia
2. SKD
3. Sau
4. Tomane
5. Perret
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Lima
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Blair
12. Harrison
13. Steve Rapira

14. Alex Glenn
15. Pritchard
16. Moimoi
17. Sam Rapira

18. Lewis Brown
19. Aaron Heremaia

Panther_Daz

Staff member
From a Penrith point of view i think Pritchard has been outstanding since coming back from injury. He is playing like almost a 3rd front rower very close to the ruck, he is also capable of playing wide of the ruck as well all know. Surely a certainty in the 17.

With Penrith having the BYE the weekend of the test i think it will be a great idea to get McKendry into camp for a few days just for some experience and will learn alot from the likes of Asotasi, Blair etc. A couple of training sessions with the boys will do Big Sammy's confidence the world of good.

slammingsam

Juniors
You have to feel for Big Roy Asotasi.
He missed the World Cup and 4 nations through injury.

He was in great form this year until he hurt his knee.
Chances are he may be back against Manly but still may not get selected for the Kiwis.

He is passionate about where he comes from - i hope it does not effect the mental side of things too much for him.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Sau
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran (not a halfback though, lack of better options)
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Lima
11. Blair
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Glenn (utility value, can be the NZ Luke Lewis)
15. Pritchard
16. Moimoi
17. Rapira

Unlucky to miss out are Steve Matai (brutal defense, but lacks the attacking flair that Sau and SKD provide), Bronson Harrison (top player, but behind Blair, Mannering, Smith and Pritchard), FP Nuuausala and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (the Roosters pair were very strong last year but don't have the experience of the others available). Inu is in poor form and shouldn't be considered, however if Mannering doesn't play, I would like to see NZ give young Steve Rapira a go - he is a defensively sound backrower who is tough and with a high workrate, would be the ideal replacement.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Sau
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Lima
11. Blair
12. Mannering
13. Smith

15. Pritchard
16. Moimoi
17. Rapira

Unlucky to miss out are Steve Matai (brutal defense, but lacks the attacking flair that Sau and SKD provide), Bronson Harrison (top player, but behind Blair, Mannering, Smith and Pritchard), FP Nuuausala and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (the Roosters pair were very strong last year but don't have the experience of the others available). Inu is in poor form and shouldn't be considered, however if Mannering doesn't play, I would like to see NZ give young Steve Rapira a go - he is a defensively sound backrower who is tough and with a high workrate, would be the ideal replacement.
Mannering hasnt played enough footy to be considered. Even then he would be no certainty - hasnt hit some form for a while.

smith is injured. Regardless Harrison will be cert for 12 jersey.
I like pritchard but only has an impact player.

Steve Rapira will get selected IMO - a very good reputation amognst those who matter. Perhaps 18th man at worst.
Warriors have signed him up.

Blaze

Juniors
1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Sau
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Lima
11. Blair
12. Mannering
13. Smith

15. Pritchard
16. Moimoi
17. Rapira

I think Matai has been playing better than Sau tbh so I would go for him.

I would also find room for both Harrison and Waerea-Hargreaves at the expense of Mannering and Asotasi.

Perrett has had a pretty slow start to the season imo so maybe Goodwin has a chance there.

ozbash

Referee
I would also find room for both Harrison and Waerea-Hargreaves at the expense of Mannering and Asotasi.

fair enough but I'd love to see a team for the exhibition game picked on form, rather than reputation.

that applies to Manu (if he comes right in time)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
that applies to Manu (if he comes right in time)

What?? Manu has been in terrific form this season. Injured isn't the same as out of form.

However....if the Herald is to be believed today, Manu won't be picked because he isn't playing this weekend. Personally I think that's f**king stupid, if he's available he's got to be first man picked.

Alehana

Juniors
Doesn't look like we've got Joe Tomane, i know this article is old, but its the only thing i could find

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10578311

There seems little prospect, at this stage, of hot new NRL speedster Joseph Tomane using his Kiwi roots to play for New Zealand.
Tomane, who scored three tries and kicked goals aplenty for a total of 24 points in only his ninth NRL game in the Storm's 48-4 dismemberment of the Broncos on June 5, surprised much of Australian rugby league with his defection to the Gold Coast Titans last week.
The 19-year-old turned himself into a big blip on the NRL radar with a display that exhibited speed, good distribution, strong running and capable goalkicking - an effort which would interest any international coach.
Tomane is Wellington-born, although he went to Australia as a baby and it was his ties to family in Queensland that saw him accept a Titans offer which prised him away from the Storm - who were not best pleased to lose him.
Writing in his News Ltd column in Australia, Storm coach Craig Bellamy said: "I was an assistant at Brisbane in 2001 when coach Wayne Bennett told Justin Hodges that he had no place in first grade [after signing with the Roosters]. Until Wednesday, I could never understand why. Now I know."

Bellamy toyed with the idea of dropping Tomane for the rest of the season but the youngster played in last night's match against the Rabbitohs.Tomane, who is 1.87m and over 100kg, was reticent about saying anything about his future.
"I don't want to think about that right now - I just want to focus on playing for Melbourne," Tomane said when asked about his international preferences and whether Storm assistant coach (and Kiwis coach) Steve Kearney had mentioned the Kiwis to him.
However, his agent, Jim Banaghan, was doubtful Tomane would use his Kiwi connection.
"The problem for New Zealand rugby league is that the big attraction over here is State of Origin and, to do that, you have be qualified to play for Australia. So I am not sure he'd do anything like that [look to play for New Zealand]."
It's not the first time Tomane has been involved in a tug-of-war - he desperately tried to get Melbourne to release him after he first signed with them, as a 17-year-old schoolboy rugby union player. In the end, he stayed and prospered, although first grade appearances have been few and far between - and many said Melbourne were surprised when told of his defection to the Titans.
Bellamy added that he "felt negotiations hadn't been completely honest, that we weren't given a realistic chance of retaining a player we poured so much hard work in to since luring him from rugby union".
Banaghan scoffed at that, saying that Melbourne had known for two months there were offers coming for Tomane from within the NRL and from union.
It remains to be seen whether Tomane attracts a reputation as a difficult player to deal with - given his tugs-of-war with Melbourne.
Ironically, however, some are seeing Tomane's journey to the Titans next season as revenge for the Steve Turner affair.
Turner, the other first grade winger for the Storm at present, was the subject of a bitter dispute between the Titans and Melbourne three years ago, when Turner reneged on a deal to join the Titans.
The Titans have won this round and Turner is now off contract - and has not yet received an offer from the Storm.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
New Zealand rugby league squad named today to play Australia in the one-off test in Melbourne on Friday:

Lance Hohaia, Jason Nightingale, Sam Perrett, Junior Sa'u, Steve Matai, Alex Glenn, Kieran Foran, Benji Marshall (captain), Zeb Taia, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Ben Matulino, Adam Blair, Bronson Harrison, Sika Manu, Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, Sam Rapira, Aaron Heremaia, Issac Luke.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3648610/Three-debutants-in-Kiwis-rugby-league-squad