What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Knights Matchday " Experience "

Serc

First Grade
You must have had the 'ol blinkers on not to notice the odd scuffle and brawl after the footy at a variety of different venues over the years. But of course, anything to suit an agenda ;-)

Karmawave

Bench
Oh christ Serc, get a sense of humour lad.

Whatever brawls, wherever they are, in whatever stadium ,you can be assured it will have more ' action ' than any on field matchday entertainment the Knights will put on the park. :lol:

MC DUI

Juniors
Maybe setup a cage match ultimate fighter style on the pitch for any of the idiots that want to go each other at halftime / fulltime :p

Serc

First Grade
Thats not what you said - and you know it! Trying to change tack now doesn't get you out of it :p

mozza91

Coach
Got a good parking spot bought a suprisingly nice pie and watched the boys win in front of a very good crowd (for MNF) who were pretty vocal a big improvement on the Eels game

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Got a good parking spot bought a suprisingly nice pie and watched the boys win in front of a very good crowd (for MNF) who were pretty vocal a big improvement on the Eels game
Pretty vocal ... in the second half ;-)

Thought it was morgue-like in the first half, which was probably a reflection of the teams performance.

Still cold food and warm beer even with the opening of new western stand, was hoping Uncle Nathan would improve things

:whistle

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
Still annoyed that I can't take my horn in.

As for getting there I either get the bus or park outside a friend's place who lives nearby.

Food: Don't forget there is a pie shop across the road from the stadium so stock up there. They're better and have more variety.

BYO Everything if you can.

Also did they every find out what the emergancy evacuation siren was sounded for? Seems about as bizzare as the night a coupleof years ago when the lights went out

Jobdog

Live Update Team

As for getting there I either get the bus or park outside a friend's place who lives nearby.

Food: Don't forget there is a pie shop across the road from the stadium so stock up there. They're better and have more variety.

BYO Everything if you can.

Also did they every find out what the emergancy evacuation siren was sounded for? Seems about as bizzare as the night a coupleof years ago when the lights went out
Pretty sure that wasn't bizarre, Ian. That was lightning hitting a light tower.

Oh and what bus do you catch Ian? Would you recommend it? Are the driver's usually friendly?

Apey

Staff member
Only thing worth mentioning about my matchday experience is the guy selling sausages on the footpath leading to the stadium with the sign that says something like "Sausage tycoon, saving to the buy the Knights!!!".... 10/10.

cram

Bench
I have come up with a fantastic idea...I am sure Nathan will adopt it...undercover path frm the stadium to the train station (my mate lives on the route and this is where we drink beer before and after games) just to top it off we could have a travelator!!

Just so Ian can enjoy we can allow horns and we will also have murals of goats on the wall!!

Oh and blokes selling sausages...this is a winner....lol

I have come up with a fantastic idea...I am sure Nathan will adopt it...undercover path frm the stadium to the train station (my mate lives on the route and this is where we drink beer before and after games) just to top it off we could have a travelator!!

Just so Ian can enjoy we can allow horns and we will also have murals of goats on the wall!!

Oh and blokes selling sausages...this is a winner....lol
and maybe invite a prophet.. :lol:

Serc

First Grade

If I was a security guard I would stick your vuvuzela where the sun doesn't shine!!!

Another vintage Ian post :lol: especially with the mystery surrounding the lights turning off - classic.

Like the idea about the tunnel from Broadmeadow though Cram, with the travelator too...just like an airport!

MC DUI

Juniors
Got a talking to by security on the weekend saying from next game they will not be allowing any drink cans into the games only plastic bottles. They said it was a rule by the NRL that was never enforced?

Doesn't bother me greatly, just means I'll have to go buy some drinks just for the footy, because we normally only keep cans in the house.

EDIT - On match day experience they need a few more coffee stands, last few games I've been to my mates have disappeared for up to 30 mins just to line up for a coffee.

Newynut

Juniors
We are lucky that we can take any food or drink into the stadium at all.
You cant take any into the 3 grounds in queensland and beer is $1 per glass more.
It was easy to get out of the carpark and we park there cos I have 2 part dissabilities with me.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Does anyone else have to "order" what they want when they want some food or is it only a western grandstand thing?