What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Knights Matchday " Experience "

Karmawave

Bench
Today's matchday experience.

The members line was short. Easy to get in.

The food lines were short ( at the time I went ) and the food plentiful.

The sound system was pumping loud enough for everyone to hear the talking on the microphone.

The cheerleaders were good again.

I caught an Easter Egg off the hot blonde who pegged it at me.

I got a wave from Big Dog.

There was no rain.

The entertainment was bearable and the anthem was sung well.

The Knights won.

What a great day out :)

Karmawave

Bench
someone call coby, i think karma's account has been hacked

:lol: No, no, I have said many times I can be positive on here, and I actually write alot more positive things than I get credit for, but when credit is deserved, i'll give it when it's due.

I had an enjoyable matchday experience.

It was good to see improvements on last week - especially the effort to put extra speakers for the sound system.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:shock:

Holy f**k. Karma, all the Easter festivities have gotten to you :crazy:

PrideKnight

Bench
:lol: No, no, I have said many times I can be positive on here, and I actually write alot more positive things than I get credit for, but when credit is deserved, i'll give it when it's due.

I had an enjoyable matchday experience.

It was good to see improvements on last week - especially the effort to put extra speakers for the sound system.

sadly i dont think that was a permanent arrangement, looked like it was just coz the old ones were taken off the western this week, we can hope they learn from the enriched experience though...

Pumba

First Grade
Today's matchday experience.

The members line was short. Easy to get in.

The food lines were short ( at the time I went ) and the food plentiful.

The sound system was pumping loud enough for everyone to hear the talking on the microphone.

The cheerleaders were good again.

I caught an Easter Egg off the hot blonde who pegged it at me.

I got a wave from Big Dog.

There was no rain.

The entertainment was bearable and the anthem was sung well.

The Knights won.

What a great day out :)
:shock::shock::shock:

Another Easter tragedy.

A man has died in Country NSW after reading a Forum Post.

:lol:

antonius

Coach
Just on the falling crowds. I don't think it's due to the stadium being re-built, (sure that is having an impact, but there is still vacant spaces on the hill). Personally I don't think the value for money is there any more. It's not that long ago ( 2-3 years) you could buy a family ticket, sit on the hill and watch 3 grades of footy for around $32.00. Now you get 2 games, no opportunity to watch players coming through the grades, and it costs a family now $53.50, or $62.50 if you buy at the gate. That is a huge increase. It's no longer a reasonably cheap day out for mum, dad and the kids.

I know I used to love seeing the guys coming up through the grades, now if you even want to see them it's a trip to the local comp, as well as going to the first grade games. I know that's all to do with finance, and I reckon the ball is firmly at the feet of Gallop. The game undersells itself to the media, we are stuck with Monday night games just to please Fox, that alone must be costing the club a fortune in low attendances. Coupled with Saturday night footy, and the crowds will be lower here in Newcastle. I bet when Monday footy was adopted the clubs got nowhere near the compensation for lost crowds. The media and in particular the television stations reep a fortune from the game, it's sold overseas, to say nothing of the feeder programs (Footy shows, The roast etc) it generates. The game needs to get what it's worth from them, maybe then we can keep players, have reserve grade (or whatever you want to call it) back, and give the fans back some value for money because at the moment we are paying more for less.

One other thing. If I had a season ticket and was stuck sitting in front of the idiot behind me on Sunday for the whole season, I think I'd be selling it on E-Bay.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Just on the falling crowds. I don't think it's due to the stadium being re-built, (sure that is having an impact, but there is still vacant spaces on the hill). Personally I don't think the value for money is there any more. It's not that long ago ( 2-3 years) you could buy a family ticket, sit on the hill and watch 3 grades of footy for around $32.00. Now you get 2 games, no opportunity to watch players coming through the grades, and it costs a family now $53.50, or $62.50 if you buy at the gate. That is a huge increase. It's no longer a reasonably cheap day out for mum, dad and the kids.

I know I used to love seeing the guys coming up through the grades, now if you even want to see them it's a trip to the local comp, as well as going to the first grade games. I know that's all to do with finance, and I reckon the ball is firmly at the feet of Gallop. The game undersells itself to the media, we are stuck with Monday night games just to please Fox, that alone must be costing the club a fortune in low attendances. Coupled with Saturday night footy, and the crowds will be lower here in Newcastle. I bet when Monday footy was adopted the clubs got nowhere near the compensation for lost crowds. The media and in particular the television stations reep a fortune from the game, it's sold overseas, to say nothing of the feeder programs (Footy shows, The roast etc) it generates. The game needs to get what it's worth from them, maybe then we can keep players, have reserve grade (or whatever you want to call it) back, and give the fans back some value for money because at the moment we are paying more for less.

One other thing. If I had a season ticket and was stuck sitting in front of the idiot behind me on Sunday for the whole season, I think I'd be selling it on E-Bay.

I went to my first game of the year on sunday and I was amazed how expensive it was! For a student it cost me $15.50 and that was just to sit on the hill under the big screen. Throw in 4 beers at $5.50 a hit and I forked out $37.50. My mate paid $27 to sit on the grass with a piss poor view of the game!

Once upon a time I used to go to all the games. Now I'd be lucky to go to 3 per season purely due to costs!

IanG

Coach
Well for me after 2 home games.

- The acoustics left alot to be desired. I couldn't hear a bloody thing the choir was singing.
- Glad the puppies are back
- Will only buy food there when using one of my membership vouchers.
- As for parking well this is why I always get the bus to the footy, getting a car park on game day is almost impossible.

Big Tim

First Grade

We discussed this in the Crusade over the weekend. Raise ticket prices by $1 and have the NRL game of the week there. If we get $15,000 the teams split it.

Car parking?????????????????

I park near Macca's across the park and there are hundreds of parks.

Serc

First Grade
I went to my first game of the year on sunday and I was amazed how expensive it was! For a student it cost me $15.50 and that was just to sit on the hill!

Geez, I swear it was only $8.50 if you bought them at uni as 'recently' as 05...around $10 if you bought them at the game.

Though to be honest I did think at the time they were a little underpriced, Oddly enough I don't whinge about paying $25-35 for the cheapest tickets up here now though lol

Serc

First Grade
Seems to be a fair writeup on what to expect at the next home game in this weeks club email:

Next Home Game

A Knights home game is not only a great day at the footy, it’s a value packed experience for the whole family.

The Knights V Broncos game will no doubt be a blockbuster but there's a whole host of other entertainment on offer. An action packed afternoon will feature live performances including the Knights Stunt Squad and Dance Troupe Cheersquads, the Knights Boys Panel with Mark Hughes and Steve Mount with an inside look at the game and Stars of the Future with the Mini Mod displays. The Herald/OAK Half Time Promotion gives you a chance to win $250 cash, and there will be free giveaways courtesy of Match Day Sponsor EnergyAustralia.

Get to your seat nice and early to give our boys a cheer as they warm up on the field before they do battle.

Hey Kids, make sure you check out JJ’s Chips Kids Kastle at every Knights game. Located on the Northern Hill underneath the scoreboard, it offers plenty to do while you wait for kick off. It's your chance to grab autographs from First Grade players, test your skill on the Pass The Ball Board, have your face painted, get your photo with the Knights Mascots or even learn how to be a cheerleader. Its great fun and will start from 5.30pm for the Broncos game.

The Knights need to hear you cheer in 2009, so get to the Broncos game on Saturday 2nd May and experience NRL action live!

I don't know how much of this goes on every week already, but this seemed to be a little different to the usual spiel in the email. Feel free to point things like that out if you wish :)

Burwood

Bench
Get to your seat nice and early to give our boys a cheer as they warm up on the field before they do battle.

So they are promoting the NRL team warming up as more of a spectacle than the NYC game?!? Surely they should be encouraging fans to get there earlier to watch the NYC boys play- not one single mention of them in the entire promotion.

Serc

First Grade
haha yes I noticed that too, but watching our NYC team is rather depressing at the moment...

MC DUI

Juniors
Seems to be a fair writeup on what to expect at the next home game in this weeks club email:

I don't know how much of this goes on every week already, but this seemed to be a little different to the usual spiel in the email. Feel free to point things like that out if you wish :)

It's the exact same stuff they had at the last home game, nothing different.

Serc

First Grade
bugger :( ah well, I've been on the lookout for game promotion stuff of late and that looked like a decent spiel.

Karmawave

Bench
I reckon the only off the park ' excitement ' might be the all in brawl which follows the match that seems to be coming apart of the scenery at home games.

Only thing ' packed ' into the entertainment value, might be Pika packing punches.

Latest posts