What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your "League Lockdown" Re-watch

billygilmore

Juniors
There was a game I vaguely remember between I think Wests and Panthers that got a bit of biff and a few send offs, might of been around late 90’s, anyone remember, can’t remember if it was a good game or not just remember my dad and his mate laughing and carrying on about it

Reflector

Juniors
Forgotten gem from a season that gets remembered for alot of other reasons

2005 round 2 cowboys v bulldogs at DFS, just had so many different highlights.
-"Cyclone Sonny-Bill" hitting the game and then leaving, it was literally terrantial downpour for about 15 minutes during the game and then disappeared
- The SBW wankfest, channel neins 9th symphony of wankfests that has yet to be topped (not by gus about benji which migrated to sam burgess, not andrew johns, not anyone). This is the worst of the worst (or the best of the best). To try and sum it up the best matt johns "well it isn't a surprise that the dogs score as soon as sonny-bill comes on the field" when the play was in the attacking zone and SBW had literally just came on from an interchange at halfway and was still 20m behind the play when it happened.
- Carl Webb runnning 40m for a try
- Rod Jenson doing a prett good scott sattler impersonation but instead of just chasing down and tackling he smashes matt utai in half over the sideline
- The worst domination of a starting prop i have ever seen so far (and ive seen kris kahler play live ). Ben Czislowski got hammered every hitup he had. Aaron Payne even put a shot on him.

Lol I'd forgotten that. I remember these but:

- SBW is on the bench and the cameras spend literally 45 seconds just focused on him, while the game continues out of the view of the TV audience

- Fatty: "There's 21,000 people here tonight- and they've all come to see Sonny Bill".

Because Cowboys never ever got crowds like that before Sonny Bill started playing...

captainwarrior

Juniors
The NRL used to copywrite claim them a few years ago and get them taken down. Not sure if that has changed.
It's still the case. There was a youtube channel that had heaps of good quality classic matches a month or two ago, all the games were taken down due to copyright. Should just let it go at the moment though, or just add as many games as possible to the new NRL Classics site.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Lol I'd forgotten that. I remember these but:

- SBW is on the bench and the cameras spend literally 45 seconds just focused on him, while the game continues out of the view of the TV audience

- Fatty: "There's 21,000 people here tonight- and they've all come to see Sonny Bill".

Because Cowboys never ever got crowds like that before Sonny Bill started playing...
He literally could have dropped his shorts and taken a dump on the field and they would have emptied their sacks.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There was a game I vaguely remember between I think Wests and Panthers that got a bit of biff and a few send offs, might of been around late 90’s, anyone remember, can’t remember if it was a good game or not just remember my dad and his mate laughing and carrying on about it

You might be referring to 1996 cause in that game at Campbelltown there were plenty of fireworks in the early part of the game

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Even though the Dogs lost that game. It was a cracker. That 10mins before half time is what won it for the Eels. Dogs threw everything at them, and if they had of cracked, I think it would have been all over.

Awesome atmosphere at the game. Fans were divided on different sides of the stadium which just added to it.

Its certainly the best game Ive ever been to, not because Parramatta won but the atmosphere, the game and the behavior of the fans.

I wouldnt have been disappointed had you guys won, you came 2nd you were a tough opponent, we came 8th and that magical run was going to end at some stage, I wouldve appreciated the effort and the season.

I remember how much it didn't sink in until full time that we were going to a grand final.

The one thing I remember after the game was, some of the Bulldogs fans near me came up to me and my mates and shook our hands and said good luck, one of them also said "Hope you smash those Storms".

Great respect. Also outside the stadium a number of Doggies fans were banging the drums, whilst disappointed they were happy what a season they had from the previous year, from wooden spooners to preliminary finalists.

And also the other thing I remember was El Masri did a lap of honour because of his last game, even the Eels fans were applauding him. He's a great role model for our game.

I was right near where his wife was sitting and she broke down in tears as he walked past our bay, a few of the women in both Bulldogs and Eels jersies gave her a big hug.

Thats what the game is all about, once the full time whistle went, everyone respected each other.

Great stuff.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Saw a great doco about alf and the 1987 origin series tonight. It was sensational. Great memories and some great footy

King hit

Coach
Hunter mariners world club challenge run
I still can't believe that the Hunter Mariners even existed. What imbecile thought that probably the most dedicated and loyal fanbase in the whole comp would abandon the Knights and join that. News limited desperately wanted the Knights and when they were told no they thought could just muscle in the market.

Crazy stuff

I still can't believe that the Hunter Mariners even existed. What imbecile thought that probably the most dedicated and loyal fanbase in the whole comp would abandon the Knights and join that. News limited desperately wanted the Knights and when they were told no they thought could just muscle in the market.

Crazy stuff

Who?
A person with a map and a pin.

Funny to think the Mariners were offered up to merge with the Chargers on GC and GC rebuffed them so much of the joint merged with Perth to become Melbourne.

Never seen a single Mariners game (Or SL for that matter). Doubt I ever will. Funny too that Willie Mason was a HM junior.

images (4).jpeg

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Who?

Funny to think the Mariners were offered up to merge with the Chargers on GC and GC rebuffed them so much of the joint merged with Perth to become Melbourne.

Never seen a single Mariners game (Or SL for that matter). Doubt I ever will. Funny too that Willie Mason was a HM junior.

View attachment 37266
Their under 19 or 21 (cant remember) squad had a few futute rep players in it

Patorick

Staff member
Who?

View attachment 37266
r0_29_1090_724_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
RIP Graham Murray.

blue bags

First Grade
[QUOTE="The Mad Hatter,
Bulldogs vs Saints 2009
The milkman game
s[/QUOTE]
thats right, you can not interfere with defenders, its not NFL

Seb Paez

Juniors
if I had a copy, or if it was even anywhere online I would rewatch Cowboys vs warriors rnd 11 2000.

But yeah I wish NRL would just pull their fingers out of their asses and upload their whole back catalogue on their website instead of drop feeding random games. They are opening up to requests but people are requesting the same games over and over again which are pretty much every online already.

if I had a copy, or if it was even anywhere online I would rewatch Cowboys vs warriors rnd 11 2000.

But yeah I wish NRL would just pull their fingers out of their asses and upload their whole back catalogue on their website instead of drop feeding random games. They are opening up to requests but people are requesting the same games over and over again which are pretty much every online already.

It doesn't have the game you mentioned but have you got this?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/nrl-essentials-north-queensland-comboys-3-dvd

Seb Paez

Juniors
Nah I don’t.

but the main reason I wanna watch that game is the massive brawl that happened. Was probably even worse than the battle of brookvale. Don’t know what started it, but they went over the sidelines and a couple of unlucky cheerleaders got bowled over in the chaos and got injured. Both teams got fined 25k.
I don’t think it’s a bad thing to relive some of the more infamous games. Just like how everyone always goes on about the Andrew Johns vs Jamie Goddard bust up. That shit will never happen again so might as well cherish it

Nah I don’t.

but the main reason I wanna watch that game is the massive brawl that happened. Was probably even worse than the battle of brookvale. Don’t know what started it, but they went over the sidelines and a couple of unlucky cheerleaders got bowled over in the chaos and got injured. Both teams got fined 25k.
I don’t think it’s a bad thing to relive some of the more infamous games. Just like how everyone always goes on about the Andrew Johns vs Jamie Goddard bust up. That shit will never happen again so might as well cherish it

Yeah. I just looked up the game and read the report. LOL. A real melee.