What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinion of our 2004 season

roopy

Referee
Can I change my most improved junior to Riley Brown - he moved ahead light years in the last off season - from a good Flegg player to a pretty fair firstgrader.

best match=Bulldogs
worst match=last night vs Bulldogs
Best player= buderus
Disappointing =Perry.for someone who was supposed to fire up-he played like a cat.
Most improved=Carmont
Fav at moment=Simpson
Dissapointing moment=Johns knee injury
Learned=WE NEED A DEFENSIVE COACH!!!!!!..now way behind the other top 8
Most improved junior=Kennedy
What went wrong?--2 things-Losing Johns when we werent ready to...And our defence..all freakin year!
Improve next year-DEFENCE..and a roaring coach.
Who is to blame=Mr.Injury....So the conditioning people have a lot to answer to
What team now?-ANY..and i do MEAN ANY team playing the roosters
Keep=Tahu
Test players=Buderus..maybe Simpson?????
Best signing=Reynoldson and THE squasher
Expecting=The return of CAPTAIN CRANKY to give them a foot up the arse!!!!!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
*Our best match we played in 2004 ? definatley the broncos match up at qld
*Our worst match we played in 2004 ? against manly a few weeks ago... that was jsut embarassing
*Our best player of 2004? danny buderus wins hands down
*The most dissapointing player of 2004? perry because in the big games he hasnt stepped up also i think carmont had been a bit dissapionting in the last half of this year and kidley too, he has been very hot n cold.
*The most improved player in 2004? newton and wooly definatley, theyve turned themselves into good starting forwards and have been playing better than some of the older guys.
*Favorite moment of 2004? kidley kicking the field goal in the broncos match, flogging the bulldogs
*Most dissapointing moment of 2004? ennis's try vs broncos, when the fulltime siren went last week vs the dragons cos we tried so hard and i think if we had a bit more time we wouldve won
*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? that we need to learn how to defend, stop dropping the ball and stop throwing stupid passes. also we need to learn how not to get injured!!
*Most improved Juniour of 2004? riley brown has gone quite good this year
*What went wrong with our season? we gave up in certain games, didnt turn up to play, forgot how to tackle and had WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MANY INJURIES!
*What can we do to improve next season? get better in defence and we should be ok if we dont have heaps of injures again
*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? injuries, and non-injured players who didnt turn up to play, also hages is to blame as well
*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? panthers
*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? BK or ennis, i love parso and robbie but i think it's there time to go, timana used to be one of my fave players but i dont like what he did to our club and i only want loyal players playing for us. BK is a great leader and he will be greatly missed, ennis was a good young talent but he had to move on so he could play hooker but it wouldve been good to have kept one of them
* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season? danny and thats probably all
* Our best signing of 2005? beardo (kirk)
*What are you expecting in 2005? a much better year, less injuries, better defence, better attack and for us to make the finals again

macavity

Referee
*Our best match we played in 2004 ?

Broncos @ Suncorp

*Our worst match we played in 2004 ?

cowboys (twice), sharks, eagles - take your pick of dozens...

*Our best player of 2004?

Buderus by the length of Hunter St.

*The most dissapointing player of 2004?

the rest. special mention to M Hughes (even with injury..) and especially Josh Perry. A number of fringe players (ie PRICE) have also been especially crap.

*The most improved player in 2004?

Quinn or Newton.

*Favorite moment of 2004?

beating Broncos @ Suncorp.

*Most dissapointing moment of 2004?

losing Joey. And the terrible football the following 23 weeks brought.

*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ?

we are a one man team with no heart.

*Most improved Juniour of 2004?

dont know.

*What went wrong with our season?

Poor planning and coaching for last 3 years.

*What can we do to improve next season?

Sack our administration & coaching staff and put most of the players on notice. Also try to rid ourselves of highly paid poorly performing players.

*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals?

The admin, coaches and players.

*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now?

none of them. if pressed I would go for the cows or storm. ironic considering I hate NewsLtd.

*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season?

Timana. we are looking VERY light on out wide next year.

* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season?

of ours? Buderus, MAYBE Carmont if they forget he can't tackle. Other than that BK may get it on reputation, although form doesn't warrant selection. If he gets in before Ryan, Mason, etc, we know it is all a joke.

* Our best signing of 2005?

Would have been Carl Webb but for our management's incompetance.
we paid WAY too much for Reynoldson, and the rest of our recruits are nobodies.

*What are you expecting in 2005?

heartbreak and frustration.

northey

First Grade
Our best match we played in 2004 : round one at penrith i was there!!!! and it was the day after.... my b'day, abes' b'day, matty bartlett's b'day... and knight to be kirk's b'day!!! it was the game that said yes here we are to win!

Our worst match we played in 2004 ? : most games after SOO

Our best player of 2004? : danny or quinn

The most dissapointing player of 2004? : craig 'bloody' hall and russell richardson.... he turned out to be a dud

The most improved player in 2004? : matt kennedy

Favorite moment of 2004? : off field... ben kennedy lifting me up and he wouldn't put me down. he thought it was real funny!

Most dissapointing moment of 2004? : johns injured again. and lack of effort by the team over the last few weeks

Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? : DEFENCE

Most improved Juniour of 2004? : kade

What went wrong with our season? : injuries and defence

Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? : johns, craig 'bloody' hall

What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? : blackheath blackcats..... i only suport one team in the NRL and that is the knights

Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? : is a hard one..... i know matty parsons wanted to retire. robbie i would have liked to keep, bk..... but the others let em go

Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season? : danny.. but i say he should rest up, matt gidley, and maybe one of the younger blokes?

Our best signing of 2005? : kirk

What are you expecting in 2005?: if history repeats... grand final win

BUDERUS

Juniors
*Our best match we played in 2004 ? Broncos at Suncorp
*Our worst match we played in 2004 ? Manly the other week
*Our best player of 2004? Danny Buderus
*The most dissapointing player of 2004? Josh Pery
*The most improved player in 2004? Danny Buderus
*Favorite moment of 2004? Kurt Gidley's F/G against the Broncos in round 10!!
*Most dissapointing moment of 2004? Joey's knee injury
*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? we need to learn how to defend
*Most improved Juniour of 2004? Michael Ennis
*What went wrong with our season? injuries
*What can we do to improve next season? get better in defence and we should be ok if we dont have heaps of injures again
*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? Hages
*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? Broncos
*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? Robbie O
* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season? Buderus and maybe BK and Gidley
* Our best signing of 2005? Renoyldson.
*What are you expecting in 2005? A repeat of 97.

IanG

Coach
*Our best match we played in 2004 ? v Broncos at Suncorp

*Our worst match we played in 2004 ? v Bulldogs on Friday Night

*Our best player of 2004? Danny Buderus Cuz he's busted his arse in every game he's played

*The most dissapointing player of 2004? Hard To Say

*The most improved player in 2004? Kirk Gidley

*Favorite moment of 2004? When we gave the Bulldogs a towelling up at EAS

*Most dissapointing moment of 2004? The golden point lost to the Cowboys and our hammerings

*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? Improve our defence (We started out ok though) and have more passion

*Most improved Juniour of 2004? Ennis (Lower Grades Kade Snowden)

*What went wrong with our season? Injury Toll

*What can we do to improve next season? Defence Defence and more passion in their game and not get hurt.

*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? Nobody

*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? Don't give a toss but I'll still be watching

*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? All of them would've been nice

* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season?
BK, Matt Gidley and Bedsy

* Our best signing of 2005? Kirt Reynoldson. (Joey doesn't cound cuz he was still with the club at the time)

*What are you expecting in 2005? To come back bigger and better I think we have the ability to go all the way.

*Our best match we played in 2004 ? vs the bulldogs or broncos

*Our worst match we played in 2004 ? dragons at oki. manly.

*Our best player of 2004? bedsy

*The most dissapointing player of 2004? josh perry

*The most improved player in 2004? carmont/kidley/newton

*Favorite moment of 2004? finding out joey was re-signing :) or wen we beat the doggies

*Most dissapointing moment of 2004? wen we found out who was leaving and all the games we got thrashed in

*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? that we need 2 defend

*Most improved Juniour of 2004? Ennis

*What went wrong with our season? injuries proberbly

*What can we do to improve next season? defend better and not 2 hurt ourselves!

*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? no1 in particular

*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? PANTHERS!!!!!! luke lewis :D dont hurt me :(

*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? ALL!!

* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season? Bedsy, Bk maybe and lets pray gidley

* Our best signing of 2005? kirk reynoldson 4 sure

*What are you expecting in 2005? better play. and less injureis

CycloneSteve

Juniors
*Our best match we played in 2004 ? vs Bulldogs Round 9
*Our worst match we played in 2004 ? vs Manly Round 23
*Our best player of 2004? Danny Buderus
*The most dissapointing player of 2004? Kurt Gidley
*The most improved player in 2004? Ennis
*Favorite moment of 2004? Field Goal to beat Brisbane
*Most dissapointing moment of 2004? Losing 48-10 vs Manly
*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? This is what it feels like to
support Souths
*Most improved Juniour of 2004? No Idea
*What went wrong with our season? Losing Joey
*What can we do to improve next season? Not lose Joey
*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? Joey
*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? Dragons
*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? Ennis
* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season? Buderus and BK
* Our best signing of 2005? ummmm there is only one isnt there? Reynaldson
*What are you expecting in 2005? An improvement on this year

Timana's girl

Juniors
*Our best match we played in 2004 ? Broncoes, bulldogs, manly (wins) i also thought we played well against the dragons last with 12 men

*Our worst match we played in 2004 ? manly, dragons (loses)

*Our best player of 2004? Danny

*The most dissapointing player of 2004? Perry giving away penalties (lack of dicipline) , other than that i cant pick a bad player

*The most improved player in 2004? Quinn, Kidley

*Favorite moment of 2004? Kidley's f/g

*Most dissapointing moment of 2004? Joey injured @ parra stadium, bad performances, losing when we were expected to win

*Thing we will most learn out of 2004 ? How to play well with out our star players, and that we havent won untill we've won

*Most improved Juniour of 2004? Ennis

*What went wrong with our season? Injuries, no passion in some games

*What can we do to improve next season? train better, have more passion/enthusiasm. Learn to share the workload around with all players and not rely on our stars

*Who is to blame, for our failure to make the finals? Noone in particular, just injuries and i also think hages and some players for their rep commitments

*What team will you cheer for in the finals this year now? Melbourne, Penrith

*Out of BK, Timana, Robbie O, Matt Parsons and Michael Ennis - Which player would you of liked us to see us keep for next season? Tahu, bk, ennis, parsons, odavis - all of them!

* Which players will play in the test matches at the end of the season? danny, bk, gids

* Our best signing of 2005? johns, kidley, newton all of them

*What are you expecting in 2005? minor premiship, premiship, less injuries, passion, commitment, maybe hages stepping down from soo duties

Latest posts