What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Panthers Memorabilia

Pomoz

Bench
My hangover from that day was so bad I never made it to work. At Price Waterhouse no less, who were very unimpressed and didn't understand football at all (The head partner told me off for turning up to work with black eyes when I played for Emu Plains). The clients loved it though. They could relate to league loving Westies more than latte sipping Mosmanites. But I digress....

I was at the leagues club singing "We are the champions" until I was hoarse. I remember my mate giving me a beer shampoo and it was sheer, utter, delirium. When you have travelled around the country watching your team, getting abused in Canberra, humiliated in Wollongong and escatic at Brookvale, you form a bond with the team that is hard to explain. The poetry of Brandy in motion, the brutality of MG in 'beast' mode, the sheer youthful audacity of Freddie and the skill and power of the Panthers pack. Just brilliant. I'm pumped just thinking about it again.

My love for this team was forged on the back of those 91 Panthers. It killed me when Brandy left for the Warrlors, MG left for Perth and Freddie left for the Roosters. I never lost the faith though. Win or lose, always a Panther!

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
My hangover from that day was so bad I never made it to work. At Price Waterhouse no less, who were very unimpressed and didn't understand football at all (The head partner told me off for turning up to work with black eyes when I played for Emu Plains). The clients loved it though. They could relate to league loving Westies more than latte sipping Mosmanites. But I digress....

I was at the leagues club singing "We are the champions" until I was hoarse. I remember my mate giving me a beer shampoo and it was sheer, utter, delirium. When you have travelled around the country watching your team, getting abused in Canberra, humiliated in Wollongong and escatic at Brookvale, you form a bond with the team that is hard to explain. The poetry of Brandy in motion, the brutality of MG in 'beast' mode, the sheer youthful audacity of Freddie and the skill and power of the Panthers pack. Just brilliant. I'm pumped just thinking about it again.

My love for this team was forged on the back of those 91 Panthers. It killed me when Brandy left for the Warrlors, MG left for Perth and Freddie left for the Roosters. I never lost the faith though. Win or lose, always a Panther!
You like me seen more losses than win .my dad and me would sit in the hill where the eastern grandstand now is .packed in tight the old brown and whites would be in every game to the last 10 minutes then lose.but a win would be greeted on leaving by singing the go the night panthers song
Walking proudly under the old scoreboard .being a kid usually coping a bit of the palm tree that grew under the score board in the head.so glad the brought back the go the mighty panthers song at the end of games .after punting it for a while

mxlegend99

Referee
So what's everyones haul from the premiership?

I've got the bar runner, a couple of coolers and the shirts for myself and my kids already arrived. I loved the bar runner so much I ordered a second and it's going to be my mouse mat once it arrives

IMG20211015153344.jpg

IMG_20211019_161918_copy_1485x920.jpg

Waiting on the 2021 Premiers jersey which had I think mid November delivery, the $2k framed signed jersey which will be gifts to myself.

Getting hats, wall flag etc. For Christmas off family and probably going to double up on stuff as Panthers gear is all anyone gets me for christmas.

Mysigned framed jersey will be hung alongside this. But might look weird with the size difference.

IMG_20211019_162537_copy_1698x918.jpg

But I'll figure it out. Worst case this moves to my bedroom. I think my premiers jersey for wear is what Im eager for most.

Big Bill

Juniors
Still have the supporters cap which I bought across the road from the Olympic Hotel on the Moore Park Rd long entrance. That was in 1977 when we won our first ever club GF in the under 23's V Wests.

I also have whole newspapers the day after each winning GF in 1991 and 2003. I haven't looked at their condition for over 17 years, so god knows what condition they are in. Got a few things like Rugby League Week mags and also the Big League.

murraymob

Coach

I've got the bar runner, a couple of coolers and the shirts for myself and my kids already arrived. I loved the bar runner so much I ordered a second and it's going to be my mouse mat once it arrives

View attachment 55254

View attachment 55256

Waiting on the 2021 Premiers jersey which had I think mid November delivery, the $2k framed signed jersey which will be gifts to myself.

Getting hats, wall flag etc. For Christmas off family and probably going to double up on stuff as Panthers gear is all anyone gets me for christmas.

Mysigned framed jersey will be hung alongside this. But might look weird with the size difference.

View attachment 55257

But I'll figure it out. Worst case this moves to my bedroom. I think my premiers jersey for wear is what Im eager for most.
Got the signed premiers jersey coming as well they said late November early December .last message from them was it was going the the embroidery

soc123_au

Staff member

View attachment 55254

View attachment 55256

View attachment 55257

I've got the Panther Battalion one from 2003 as well.

ACTPanthers

Bench

View attachment 55254

View attachment 55256

View attachment 55257

Nothing for me this premiership I fear. Missus in hospital (been there 3 weeks, only one week to go!) and with the 4 kids just not enough expendable cash :(

But love your haul brother! Looking mint.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nothing for me this premiership I fear. Missus in hospital (been there 3 weeks, only one week to go!) and with the 4 kids just not enough expendable cash :(

But love your haul brother! Looking mint.
I dont really have the cash to spare as such.. could definitely put it to better use. But with such a long time between premierships it feels like it's worth going all in. I was 17 when we won our last comp. 35 for this one. Hopefully we have a bit of a dynasty team here but I am fully embracing this as unlike a Storm or Roosters fan this is a rare feeling and experience.

If my kids were in hospital (no missus we separated years ago) i wouldn't really care about any of the merch though. My priorities would definitely be on their health. I hope the missus is out on time and in good health when she does. Maybe you'll get a bit of a haul come Christmas time. Even if its just can coolers or flags or small stuff.

Big Bill

Juniors
1977 is the date I have. How did you come to yours?
Hello GongPanther 1978 was definitely the year I went to the semis just to watch them left afterwards , much to the bemusement of the guy on the gate , but missed the GF. Very excited afterwards, our first title. I could talk for days about that team and the '73 U/23's team. Great memories.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I dont really have the cash to spare as such.. could definitely put it to better use. But with such a long time between premierships it feels like it's worth going all in. I was 17 when we won our last comp. 35 for this one. Hopefully we have a bit of a dynasty team here but I am fully embracing this as unlike a Storm or Roosters fan this is a rare feeling and experience.

If my kids were in hospital (no missus we separated years ago) i wouldn't really care about any of the merch though. My priorities would definitely be on their health. I hope the missus is out on time and in good health when she does. Maybe you'll get a bit of a haul come Christmas time. Even if its just can coolers or flags or small stuff.
Thanks brother. Means a lot mate, really it does.
Fingers crossed on the Chrissie presents though 😉

murraymob

Coach
This just arrived 6 pack from local brewery rusty penny.not sure if to drink it or just damn admire it

Attachments

• E456E440-4D40-4A2A-8EDF-40AD3FB3F928.jpeg
    E456E440-4D40-4A2A-8EDF-40AD3FB3F928.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 4C407A5D-EF86-4A8B-BB37-048C4D52411A.jpeg
    4C407A5D-EF86-4A8B-BB37-048C4D52411A.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I get very impressed by the stuff that others have.

Not my thing. But in saying that I do enjoy seeing what 'loot' others have. Also how tastefully it's incorperated into their homes.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I have got some really interesting stuff. Bill Ashurst Jersey a magazine bought out in 1969 with a summary of all games in 1967 and 1968, Signed 2004 jersey, Team footy coasters from 1991 . Several Panthers footy year books from the 1970s, Thats just the start I will see if i can work out how to put the photos on here. I am an old fart and saw our First game at the old Penrith Park

forby

Juniors
I didn’t see the first, but have seen games in every season since!
Have some old programmes, and other publications. Will have to make a list of it all some day