What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your preferred starting front rowers in 2006

Who would you like to be our two starting props in 2006? (Select 2)

• Michael Weyman

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Jason Williams

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Andrew Lomu

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Dane Tilse

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Willie Raston

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Trevor Thurling

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Troy Thompson

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Josh Miller

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Timbo

Staff member
Now with the announcement of Thurling having signed for 2007, I think our front row is a clear picture for next season.

I was wondering who everyone would like to see as our two STARTING front rowers? Personally, I'd like it to be Tilse and Weyman.

Timbo

Staff member
Damn can you believe that vBulletin doesn't let you edit polls? Don't hate me for forgetting Miller!

Macko8

Juniors
look at the props we'll have for next season theres plenty of talent to choose from...personally i'd go with thommo and miller...lomu should start in the back-row IMO,and it wouldnt worry me if elliot had 4 of those above players on the interchange bench....bcause a few i reakon could play back-row no doubt.

Chachi

Bench
Timbo, don't you think it's a bit harsh giving Tilse the jump over Thommo even before he's played a first grade game?

I'd prefer Weyman and Thommo to start the season and then see how the other guys go. It's certainly an interesting situation - having 8 guys in the club able to play prop. I think if they stay fit, guys like Lomu and Miller will get a lot of time in the 2nd row.

Jono078

Referee
I said Thompson and Tilse, both will lay a platform and Tilse isnt much of an impact player. So when Weyman and company go on they will lift the go forward a bit.

Macko8

Juniors
Chachi said:
Timbo, don't you think it's a bit harsh giving Tilse the jump over Thommo even before he's played a first grade game?

I'd prefer Weyman and Thommo to start the season and then see how the other guys go. It's certainly an interesting situation - having 8 guys in the club able to play prop. I think if they stay fit, guys like Lomu and Miller will get a lot of time in the 2nd row.

thats right...with there being those 8 able to play prop...my guess is we are going to see a few of those players coming into FG regularly and maybe even elliot mite be switching them to the back-row quite regularly.

Timbo

Staff member
This is just me, but I don't really rate Thommo that highly. He rarely breaks the advantage line, usually gets held in dominant tackles (the amount of SURRRREEENNNNNNDAAAAAAAA's I've heard on a Thommo hitup outweigh's anyone else out there). And I dont think his defence is that flash.

I've heard great great great things about Tilse, and we all know what Weyman can do.

Chachi

Bench
Timbo said:
I've heard great great great things about Tilse, and we all know what Weyman can do.

Yeah, I agree that if Tilse lives up to his potential it would be awesome to have him and weyman up front. I just think Thommo has been there for us pretty much all year in a hard situation (without O'Hara and Weyman) and barring a complete loss of form I think he deserves to at least be there at the start of '06. Ultimately though, if one of these other young guys lives up to their rep and if Weyman can avoid that voodoo curse of his I agree that Thommo will probably best serve us from the bench. Mate, I just hope the team can get picked on form rather than injuries for a change!

Stuart

Juniors
Chachi said:
Yeah, I agree that if Tilse lives up to his potential it would be awesome to have him and weyman up front. I just think Thommo has been there for us pretty much all year in a hard situation (without O'Hara and Weyman) and barring a complete loss of form I think he deserves to at least be there at the start of '06. Ultimately though, if one of these other young guys lives up to their rep and if Weyman can avoid that voodoo curse of his I agree that Thommo will probably best serve us from the bench. Mate, I just hope the team can get picked on form rather than injuries for a change!
Bench or possibly even a move to the second row. I wouldnt mind seeing Tilse and Weyman at prop and Thommo and Lomu at second row to start the game, then replace them with the smaller more agile guys after about 20 minutes (Tongue, Miller etc).

Edwahu

Bench
The quality of Thommos work has improved alot lately and defensively he is good. He can play 80 as well which i think will be important with such a young group of forwards. Ill wait and see if we get Galea or Learoyd-Lahrs to decide who starts with him. Someone has to take Adamsons role and I reckon Tilse is about the only prospect at the moment. Probably Lomu to start though.

Miller and Hodgo are backrowers for mine.

Timbo

Staff member
Thommo from the bench is his best spot for mine. Back in 01, 02 when we had him and Rucho coming off the bench worked well.

I miss Rucho :cry:

Mal Meninga

Bench
Depends who has a good off-season. If Kahler can come back abit thicker than i'll be happy for him and Tilse to start, with Weyman and Thommo off the bench.

Stuart

Juniors
Kahler at prop???
He has potential as a very good second rower but i really dont see him as a starting prop.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I think Thommo and Tilse with Weyman off the bench. Thommo is a solid player IMO and deserves to be there as a reliable player. Then Tilse is an unknown qaulity but has big wraps on him. Weyman is devestating to start with but would be even better when the opposition is a little bit tired.

whatwhat

Juniors
Thommo would be an awesome 2nd rower i reckon, but in recent weeks he and Lomu have been laying a terrific platform.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Id go Thompson and Miller, however like the one above i think Thompson would be a very good back rower, the work horse type, if we went that way id go with Miller and Tilse, i think Weyman or Miller must come from the bench, which gives us awesome value and impact

Latest posts