What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Problem isn't Head

BPS

Juniors
After watchng the CS again I don't think your problem is Head, I'm convinced it's Soward at 5/8th.
I thought he was invisible. He did NOTHING in attack and showed no support to Head and failed to be the link man in any way.
So, all of you going on about Head, I think that Brandy was right, Soward was the one who played poorly.

BPS

Juniors
Well maybe that is why he was quiet, but he failed miserably I thought. Head failed to do any passing or running and chose to kick mostly, but it was Soward who I thought failed to spread the ball or link with your outside men.
I mean what is the point of having Cooper in the centre's if he never gets the ball?

RufusRex

Post Whore
Well maybe that is why he was quiet, but he failed miserably I thought. Head failed to do any passing or running and chose to kick mostly, but it was Soward who I thought failed to spread the ball or link with your outside men.
I mean what is the point of having Cooper in the centre's if he never gets the ball?

About the only time we looked like spreading the ball it was Soward who threw the ball foward to cooper. I think our entire game plan was one out on purpose.

big pat

Coach
soward also took a bad knock against the buldogs, so not surprising after he picked up another injury he went off, he was a target in both games, he will bounce back, i'm sure bennett knows what he is doing.

Godz Illa

Coach
Sowie works better with Hornby. Head demands a lot of ball and almost sole control of shot-calling.

big pat

Coach
After watchng the CS again I don't think your problem is Head, I'm convinced it's Soward at 5/8th.
I thought he was invisible. He did NOTHING in attack and showed no support to Head and failed to be the link man in any way.
So, all of you going on about Head, I think that Brandy was right, Soward was the one who played poorly.

and you show nothing in your posts but dribbling on.

watatank

Coach
Sowie works better with Hornby. Head demands a lot of ball and almost sole control of shot-calling.

What's wrong with that? That's exactly what you want if you've got Soward at five eighth, it allows him to play his more natural running game if Head does all the organising

BPS

Juniors
and you show nothing in your posts but dribbling on.
Ohh Bigpat, that really hurt!

After all I don't think this was dribble. I was stating an actual opinion, which has some merit.

IF you're just sticking up for your mate The Panania Puller, "Preacher" well fair enough, but at least declare war rather than having cheap shots.:crazy:

Or do you suffer from the dreaded right hand c**k cramp?

Dragon Dave

Bench
Soward was playing injured, had hip problems all week after the knock he took from the Dogs game.

He'll be 100% for the Storm.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Brandy also thinks Brett Finch is one of the best halfbacks running around in the game. The guy is a deadset moron.

Soward was playing with the lingering effects of an injury from the week before, it was clear as day from the kickoff. No speed, wasn't goalkicking, and didn't have the same precision or consistency in his kicking that he usually does. Head on the otherhand has been ordinary in every outing (with the exception of two passes in the canterbury game).

BPS

Juniors
Fair enough, I hav'nt seen the other games so all I could judge on was the CS.

Soward is skillfull I know, he has plenty of speed and talent but I have always thought that he is a confidence player

maestro1

Bench
Here's a question for you all....

If Soward and Head became suddenly available, who would demand the most attention from other clubs....There is a reason why Soward would? Because Soward is a gun and Head is crap.

Let's break their games down, shall we......

Defence.......Head is the worst in the comp, Soward is quite good, plus he can run down a runaway attacker.

Kicking........Soward has the best alround kicking game in the comp, especially in the wet. He has the 40/20, the short, the long, the short kick into the in goal, the cross kick for heis wings/centres, the long kick into the pockets or in goal pockets. Head has a good short kick into the in goal and for his wingers, but they don't come off very often. In his time with the roosters, soward lead the 40/20 stats.......

Running game......Soward is quick and elusive and gets the team rolling. Head can't run.

Speed.........LOL at Head. I'm 43 and he wouldn't be able to catch me.

Passing game.....Head has a very nice passing game, however, because he sh*ts himself whenever he senses the defence on him, his runners are always in danger of being hit hard ala bird/morris. Soward has anice passing game that improves dramatically with confidence.

Affect on defences......Because Head cannot run, the opposition finds him easier to defend against especially when pressured, as souths did the other night. He sh*ts himself and kills his support players. Soward keeps the defense guessing with speed, jinks, steps, kicks over the top for himself, passes to supports ans just pure speed.

I know who I'd rather. Soward is also one of the tue excitement players.

Latest posts