What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your side for for the Sharks game

KempoKnight

Juniors
Throwing out Uate isn't the answer. Yes, he can't catch for sh*t, but at least he wasn't as ordinary as f**king McManus. Offers nothing when he can't get his defence right. If any winger deserves to be put on the scrap heap after todays efforts, it'd be the dude on the other side to Uate.

I disagree, Mcmanus had a VERY off game compared to his usual standards and I expect him to pick up his game next week. Uate hasn't improved in def one bit to where he was last season and is a massive liability in defence. He could be one of the greatest wingers to play the game, but until he improves his defence he will be nothing more then a liability.

transporter

Juniors
we had one good set today, we made 70 metres from god dummy half running

on the bright side, we didnt give many dumb penalties, but for F**ks sake dont drop the ball lads.

Karmawave

Bench
No, it wasn't.

De Gois got run over.

Cross was coming over the top to assist.

:lol: Whatever way you want to twist it, both contributed to Brad Meyers of all people running 20metres to score a try.

Whether it be De Gois getting bumped off, or Cross giving Meyers a pat on the back grab as he ran past.

Bottom line - it was pathetic.

League_God

Juniors
1.Kurt Gidley

2.Peter Matautai (or however u spell it)

3.Doogs

4.Junior Sau (solid today)

5.Aku Uate (poor under the high ball, i thought his defence was a little better today though, he seemed slightly more committed, it will only get better if we leave him in the side. plus the try he scored, and all his runs were quality)

6.Jarred Mullen

7.Luke Walsh (the fact of the matter is, he was thrown in the deep end in 2007, without another creative mind in the team, and imo he did pretty well, and he has a heart like pharlap, which not a single player showed they had today, and purely for this reason he deserves to be the first man picked.)

8.Ben Cross

9.Matt Hilder

10.Jess Royal (oh no thats right). Dan Tolar

11.Steve Simpson

12.Corey Patterson

13.Zeb Taia

14.Isaac De Gois

15.Chris Houston

16.Richie Faaso

17.Mark Tafua

Johns Magic

Referee
:lol: Whatever way you want to twist it, both contributed to Brad Meyers of all people running 20metres to score a try.

Whether it be De Gois getting bumped off, or Cross giving Meyers a pat on the back grab as he ran past.

Bottom line - it was pathetic.

No, you're the one who's wrong. You're the only one doing any twisting.

Cross would never get run over, his front-on defence is very strong.

Karmawave

Bench
No, you're the one who's wrong. You're the only one doing any twisting.

Cross would never get run over, his front-on defence is very strong.

So its just his side on defence and general ruck mobility that sucks then...

Oh good, just what we need in a representative prop.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah apart from Rogers I don't think there's a lot wrong with the team.

It's been said dozens of time, but it was the attitude no doubts about it. Players who normally are fired up looked out of sorts, even at the beginning when we were controlling the match. Our attack was shaky at times and I think that's what a shift with Mullen/bringing in Dureau would aid a lot. The attitude problem? Who knows, hopefully it gets fixed quick smart because today's game was an insult to the way we played all last year.

Oh.. I'd also be tempted to do some tampering with Uate.. maybe. It's hard to know whether he should be played until he learns, or give him a break so he learns he needs to pick up his game..

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Well seeing as though your James McManus number 1 fan, I guess I can understand why you'd think that tackle was De Gois's and his only...

What the f**k are you talking about, I think McManus sucks you idiot.

I never said it was De Gois's tackle only, stop twisting words.

I just called you out for lying.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Sorry to break into this scintillating bit of rey par tay (fo-o-net-i-cal-e), but it brightens my day when JohnsMagic gets involved in a spit on here, you're one funny bloke.

Only thing better is when Dilly sidles up to the plate.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I disagree, Mcmanus had a VERY off game compared to his usual standards and I expect him to pick up his game next week.

That's they key thing, I agree. He is usually much, much more... Uh, solid.

I still think Uate is worth keeping in the team. Though I struggle to see why he has so much god damn difficulty in catching, Pika, don't they bomb to him at training or something?

Karmawave

Bench
What the f**k are you talking about, I think McManus sucks you idiot.

I never said it was De Gois's tackle only, stop twisting words.

I just called you out for lying.

LYING! Saying Cross was bumped off a tackle because he grabbed from the side instead of being a pinball?

Dude he missed the tackle - let me make sure I choose the exact words next time!

Apologies re McManus, for some reason I thought you loved him.

That's my bad, and I apologise for that.

Jono078

Referee
he seems to have it all wrong when attempting catches.

He is bent backwards and tries to catch it above his head, not the easiest thing to do for any winger.

He never tries the safe catch of on his chest.

Johns Magic

Referee
LYING! Saying Cross was bumped off a tackle because he grabbed from the side instead of being a pinball?

Dude he missed the tackle - let me make sure I choose the exact words next time!

You didn't say "bumped off", you said Cross got run over by Meyers. Totally different.

It was an ordinary effort from Cross but the fact is De Gois missed the tackle first and foremost, and it should never have been Cross's responsibility to bring him down.

Burwood

Bench
I'd be dumping Uate before Rogers- Uate's mistakes in defense today were just too costly. We scored 14 points in 30 minutes, so I don't think we need to necessarily start tinkering with our attack just yet. Give Rogers another 3-4 weeks to see what he is capable of partnered with Mullen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
he seems to have it all wrong when attempting catches.

He is bent backwards and tries to catch it above his head, not the easiest thing to do for any winger.

He never tries the safe catch of on his chest.

That is exactly it. Why he persists with trying to catch the ball with out-stretched arms above his head is beyond me.