What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your single greatest and worse moment as a supporter.

Smartman

Juniors
Worst - No surprise, the salary cap scandal tops it. Seeing the rooters win it in 2002 was devestating and hollow. Blocked that year out of my mind.

Best - No surprise either, 2004 Premiership was the sweetest victory of all
icon10.gif

Seeing Freddie leave on a losing note plus Sticky Dicky and Bee heads faces after the game was priceless
icon6.gif

This victory came 2 years late but it was worth it.

Bernster

Juniors
Worst -

1 - The Cheergirl incident against the NZ Warriors in 2000 where some players got into a fight near the sideline and crashed into a bunch of cheergirls (I was talking to some after the game and they were telling me that the girls were OK and were going to go on NRL on Fox a few nights later and complain...They ended up not doing that cos I reckon the gods at the Cowboys at the time told them to zip it...)

2 - Loosing to the West Tigers Netball Team in the Grand Final

Best -

1 - Flogging the Parrascum and getting into the grand Final

2 - Beating the Broncoscums at Dairy Farmers Stadium in the 2004 Semis

eelsta

Bench
Bernster said:
Worst -

1 - The Cheergirl incident against the NZ Warriors in 2000 where some players got into a fight near the sideline and crashed into a bunch of cheergirls (I was talking to some after the game and they were telling me that the girls were OK and were going to go on NRL on Fox a few nights later and complain...They ended up not doing that cos I reckon the gods at the Cowboys at the time told them to zip it...)

Best -

your just a scummy sort of a person arn't you:roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bernster said:
Worst -

Best -

I know you may be a bit slow but I did say single best and worst, meaning 1 moment each.

Bernster

Juniors
eelavation said:
I know you may be a bit slow but I did say single best and worst, meaning 1 moment each.

Sorry...I named two of each cos I could not decide between the ones that I could name.

yobbo84

Coach
Worst day: In 2000, when we lost the first court case. As gut wreching as getting kicked out was, I felt MUCH, MUCH worse when we lost the court case because I thought... this is it.. I'll never see my team ever again! I was gutted! Thank god Nick Pappas, Piggins and co. had a little more resolve than myself.

Best day: Round 1, 2002, seeing the late Albert Clift ring the bell and then the absolutely amazing atmosphere when the team ran out. It makes my hair stand up just thinking about it. Grown men crying, people cheering their lungs out.. amazing. I tell ya, I've been to many finals, grand finals.. nothing comes anywhere near the atmosphere of this game! Even if we did get smashed!

Cheers

Panthers_God

Juniors
In this season alone.
-Worst: Losing to Manly this year after leading by so much, had me almost in tears

-Best: 2005 Penrith beating Manly on the buzzer, it was only good bcuz it was about me and three other Panther fans in the whole stadium and it was payback for earlier in the season.

Of All-time:
-Best: the 2003 Grand Final.
-Worst: Watching all my "mates" jump onto the Panthers bandwagon in 2003 then quickly dive off in 2005. Really sh*ts me

Glen

Bench
Worst:
Had some bad ones since but nothing tops the 1998 prelim final loss to the Dogs. We had beaten Brisbane a couple of weeks before in a semi with an excellent gameplan and seemed to be on a collision course with them for the GF. Had the game in the bag at 18-2 before the Dogs got a sniff and everything fell apart. Never been so gutted in my life.

Best:
Was only 2 years old when we won our last premiership. Best moment would probably be beating Brisbane in 2001 in an absolute thriller. This year's win at home vs Dragons comes close as well.

tlk

Bench
worst:
the 1999 prelim final loss to the scum
the best:
that 66-16 win ova the knights

wally80

Juniors
best - entering the competition - that very first game at DFS - even though we lost to the Bulldogs.

Worst - taking so long to show what we are capable of.

Iafeta

Referee
Best: Stacey Jones beating 49 players on his way to one of the greatest ever grand final tries 2002.

Worst: Tie for losing that game, and the day the club told Ali to get lost.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Best- a tie between qualifying for the grand-final in 2002 in a fairly madcap game v the Sharks (in terms of a euphoric sense of achievement), and the 2003 first round finals game where we beat the Dogs 48-22 (in terms of disbelief/excitement at how well we played in a big game)

Worst- A 50 point thrashing by the Tigers in 2004 where we didn't even try. None of the memories 1995-2000 stack up to this as the Warriors had never known success at that point. After the success of 2001-03 we expected and deserved more.

slamminsam246

Juniors
In this season alone.
-Worst: Losing to Manly this year after leading by so much, had me almost in tears

-Best: 2005 Penrith beating Manly on the buzzer, it was only good bcuz it was about me and three other Panther fans in the whole stadium and it was payback for earlier in the season.
:lol: Shows how many panthers supporters turn up when they are losing, and it was a HOME GAME!!!

Worst - 1997 final when we lost to the knights - I cried for days. (I was 7)
Best - 96 Final (got it on tape)

Ben

Bench
Best - 1997 Grand Final, 2001 Grand Final

Well as a Knights supporter i don't have any bad memories since the Knights always reign supreme. :p

D

Deleted member 10972

What was the 2002 Bulldogs team? As good as 2004?