What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your starting side - 2013

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Hodges
2. Kemp
3. Reed
4. Norman
5. Hoffman/Yow Yeh
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McC
10. McG
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Stagg
16. Gillett
17. Hala

Clintos

Live Update Team
1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Berryman
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Stagg
16. Gillett
17. Hala

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I know that Norman hasn't exactly been the most consistent player, but I feel that something is more likely to come out of him then Wallace.

I'm definitely not against Baptiste/Granville being the back up hooker. Can't stand Hunt being there. But one other thing I just thought of. The few times I've seen Wallace at hooker, he does look pretty sharp. Even in the trial game tonight he went in there a couple of times and looked good again. Plus we already know he can defend. Thus I wouldn't mind seeing the below:

6. Norman
7. Prince
9. McCullough
14. Wallace

Norman really has to pull his finger out and start playing consistently though. He almost seems too laid back at times.

beads6

First Grade
1. Norman
2. Kemp
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Maranta
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Wallace
16. Anderson
17. Dodds

I'd like to see Kahu get through some QLD cup with some good performances before we rush him in. He hasn't played any footy for a couple of years.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
For me (barring any injury):

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Berryman/Maranta
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Stagg
16. Gillett
17. Hala

ggmu

Juniors
My Team
1: Hoffman
2: Kemp
3: Reed
4: Hodges
5: Yow Yeh/Maranta/Kahu
6: Wallace
7: Prince
8: Hannant
9: McCullough
10: McGuire
11: Glenn
12: Thaiday (c)
13: Parker

14: Hunt/Baptiste/Granville
15: Stagg
16: Gillett
17: Hala

jakepearce94

Juniors
For me (barring any injury):

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Berryman/Maranta
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Stagg
16. Gillett
17. Hala
really don't dig hunt coming off the bench, he is either in the halves or not. we need a back up hooker, not a backup half ie. granville or baptiste.

qld aussie

Juniors
1. Norman
2. Kemp/Reed
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Thaiday
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Hannant
16. Stagg
17. Dodds

If we are going on form i think this should be our starting side for 2013.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I was pretty disappointed with the trial. I was hoping to get a lot more from it with regards to the line up for round one but it didn't really help.

From what I have seen and heard i would like:

1.Norman/Hoffman
2.Kemp
3.Reed
4.Hodges
5.Maranta
6.Prince
7.Wallace
8.Hannant
9.Macca
10.Mcguire
11.Glenn
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Hunt/Granville
15.Gillett
16.Stagg
17.Anderson/form prop - Dodds, Molo, Hala, Timu, Lui, Wallace

In the trial Norman disappointed me at 5/8. It was his big chance to make a claim for a halves spot and he stuffed it. I still like his flamboyant style though and think he could offer a lot running off Prince from fullback.

Hoffman was average/solid. Him and Norman are in the same boat for me. They both have a lot to improve on from 2012.

Bond looked waaaay too small to play first grade for me. His arms looked like twigs. He obviously would bring something to the side that we lack though with his agility and he was always looking for the offload. Maybe if he was able to bulk up a bit he could be in contention.

Hard to judge who to pick out of the wingers. It's hard to go Maranta who was solid and looked like a veteran in his debut season in 2012. And I haven't seen Kenp play this year but the talk is he looks likely to get a spot. Also Berryman didn't show much in the trial and I haven't seen much of him before but he looked small too.

Gillett ran rampant on the fringe and Thaiday was very average but I'd like to see Gillett bring that for a few games in a row when the season starts before starting him and pushing Thaiday into the front row.

Hunt was the stand out of the halves for mine in their limited time. Of course it's hard to judge when they are chopping and changing the spine very quarter but he seemed to be the only one who took the line on and looked dangerous. Prince looked good too. Wallace better watch out if these glimpses are anything to go by for the 2013 season because Hunt looks sharp.

I hope to see Kahu really push Reed for a spot too. Kahu looks very fleet footed.

Parrapower

Juniors
1. Hodges

The rest doesn't matter because if Hodges isn't fullback then the Broncos will lose more than they win. Hoffman doesn't ask questions of the defence and he cannot create anything. At fullback Hodges can do as he pleases and he wont be required to do much defensive work.

When Griffin gets sacked in round 4, the new coach will realise that all the good teams have their best attacking weapon at fullback and Hodges will be wearing number 1.

Souths
Cowboys
Storm
Sea Eagles
Raiders
Bulldogs

Parrapower

Juniors
1. Hodges

The rest doesn't matter because if Hodges isn't fullback then the Broncos will lose more than they win. Hoffman doesn't ask questions of the defence and he cannot create anything. At fullback Hodges can do as he pleases and he wont be required to do much defensive work.

When Griffin gets sacked in round 4, the new coach will realise that all the good teams have their best attacking weapon at fullback and Hodges will be wearing number 1.

Souths
Cowboys
Storm
Sea Eagles
Raiders
Bulldogs

Reed should not be in the Centres until he learns how to pass to an unmarked winger. Gillett and Maranta/Kahu could play in the centres.

jakepearce94

Juniors
1. Hodges

Souths
Cowboys
Storm
Sea Eagles
Raiders
Bulldogs
well put !

Latest posts