What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team 2019

Russell Coight

Juniors
I'm confident if grub can stay injury free we will do better than this year

Could you imagine your marquee signing training all off season in one of your key positions, only to be let down by injuries since round 1. Btw, in all the games he did play this year I felt he was pretty good.

Could you imagine if we had his energy with the losses against saints, knights, dogs, Parra etc? Enough said

Crazyperpman

Juniors
The players that would fill the gaps for next year in my opinion would be:

Sione Katoa - Not sure if he is surplus at the sharks next year but they are heavy in the outside backs and he is an out and out first grader playing in reserves at the moment

Addin Fonua-Blake - Has his history but all reports he has been on the straight and narrow ever since and we do have Packer. Some will flat out say no and its understandable, Its really where you draw the line, but as a player he is exactly what we need.

Martin Taupau - There seems to be a lack of energy in the forwards, a lot of tradesmen with little impact. We need some hombres. He did leave and trash the club, but in Marty's defense it was when we played Taylor Ball.

We are still probably short an outside back, its a shame Taane Milne was an egg, because he probably could have filled that role, I dont see much in ISP although the edges were filled with back rowers by the end of the year. Don't suppose JAC would want to come back for the contract we could of had him on 2 years ago?

Shredder

Juniors
We weren't far off this year. It will be the sameish team.

Another off season and after a year of building combinations, we will be better.

All we need is luck with injuries, same as every other team.

We would be lucky to jag one decent first grader (I hope its a centre).

Expect Ivan to continue to indicate he is hanging around by buying juniors.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We weren't far off this year. It will be the sameish team.

Another off season and after a year of building combinations, we will be better.

All we need is luck with injuries, same as every other team.

We would be lucky to jag one decent first grader (I hope its a centre).

Expect Ivan to continue to indicate he is hanging around by buying juniors.

That’s what I think. We had more personal turn over then anyone and also had he biggest spine changes throughout the year. People forget prior to the season this was our spine:

1. Lolohea
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
9. Godinet/McIllwrick

Then we finish the year with:

1. Mbye
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
9. Farah/Liddle

We’re going to be a lot more settled leading into next year which will only be a good thing

Mahe Fonua just doesn't give me confidence he can own that centre position.
I agree Russell, it's why I left my centre spot blank (well besides suggesting Dylan Walker).

I certainly don't think IC had him down as a long term solution at the start of this year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our shopping list for 2019 season should be:
2x middle forwards (props hopefully)
1x centre
1x winger

An extra back rower wouldn't be bad but if MCK keeps improving and Garner continues to develop then I don't think it's imperative

Vic Mackey

Referee
Our shopping list for 2019 season should be:
2x middle forwards (props hopefully)
1x centre
1x winger

An extra back rower wouldn't be bad but if MCK keeps improving and Garner continues to develop then I don't think it's imperative

Could be sorted, we’ve signed Paul Momirovski from the Roosters. Highly rated juniour who had 2 shoulder recos which stalled his progress. Played first grade for them against the Titans this year. I remember watching that game and thinking he looked alright, scored a good try too. These signings could obviously turn to nothing but at lest it’s in a position we need.

Russell Coight

Juniors
I think I like the approach of signing young promising juniors. Obviously low risk for our current situation seeing as we will be fielding virtually the same team as next year

Plus there's a good chance you can uncover a gem, you never know.

Shredder

Juniors
Thanks Vic - he had a bit of work to do and "forwards running hard when we are close to their line" is an aspect of the game we are missing.....

Where did you see we signed him? I cant see anything on the official www.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thanks Vic - he had a bit of work to do and "forwards running hard when we are close to their line" is an aspect of the game we are missing.....

Where did you see we signed him? I cant see anything on the official www.

Reported on NRL.com

Tiger05

First Grade
I think I like the approach of signing young promising juniors. Obviously low risk for our current situation seeing as we will be fielding virtually the same team as next year

Plus there's a good chance you can uncover a gem, you never know.

I like it as well. Hopefully one of them or even better a couple of them come good.

tiger102

Juniors
1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kane Linnett we need a center with some experience. ( He may help Marsters and the new guy out )
5. Jonus Pearson/ George Jennings
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Farah
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Patrick Mago
18. Elijah Taylor
I know that I may get shot down with some (maybe all ) of my team list but hey. It's the best with whats available.

Last edited:

Latest posts