What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team 2019

Tiger Ted

Bench
1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kane Linnett we need a center with some experience. ( He may help Marsters and the new guy out )
5. Jonus Pearson/ George Jennings
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Farah
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Marata Niukore
13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Patrick Mago
18. Elijah Taylor
I know that I may get shot down with some (maybe all ) of my team list but hey. It's the best with whats available.
I like the fact u left out the useless slug Eisenhuth although Garner must b in the 17.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kane Linnett we need a center with some experience. ( He may help Marsters and the new guy out )
5. Jonus Pearson/ George Jennings
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Farah
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Marata Niukore
13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Patrick Mago
18. Elijah Taylor
I know that I may get shot down with some (maybe all ) of my team list but hey. It's the best with whats available.

Pearson's a good one, seems to be the forgotten man with all the young guns Brisbane have coming through. 23 and played 11 games over 3 seasons, surely he's getting itchy feet.

I've though of Linnett too. He's best years are behind him but He's won a comp, played in 3 grand finals and is still defensively sound. Could certainly do worse.

Don't know anything about Niukore, don't rate Mago at all, Hetherington looks good but I thought he'd resigned with Penrith?

Thought Mimorovski was good for Wyong in the weekend.

JB04

Juniors
Pearson's a good one, seems to be the forgotten man with all the young guns Brisbane have coming through. 23 and played 11 games over 3 seasons, surely he's getting itchy feet.

I've though of Linnett too. He's best years are behind him but He's won a comp, played in 3 grand finals and is still defensively sound. Could certainly do worse.

Don't know anything about Niukore, don't rate Mago at all, Hetherington looks good but I thought he'd resigned with Penrith?

Thought Mimorovski was good for Wyong in the weekend.
Hetherington is an absolute peanut and is a penalty magnet. It’s a no from me

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't get the love some people have for him; He's a bit like woods.
I’d take Woods back in a heartbeat.I know he mightn’t b aggressive & he was naive with his comments last yr during the contract debacle with Isaac the dickhead moses’s ‘small’ 4 but his output is commendable.He contributes more than the combined contribution of the over-rated Packer & the fairy eisenhuth per game.

Btw I hope the fans don’t think that there won’t b a resumption of the circus when nov 1 comes around & dickhead Isaac begins to play games with negotiations re brooks’s next contract.My very strong mail is the swindler doesn’t want Brooks to remain with us & the cunning swindler holds all the aces !

Shredder

Juniors
Wont be that different to this year. All they need is some consistency and luck with injuries.

1 Mbye
2 Thomson
3 Marsters
4 Brian Kelly
5 Nofoloma
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
8 Matulino
9 Farah
10 Twal
11 Lawrence
12 Matterson
13 ET

14 Packer
15 Garner
16 Sam Tagataese
17 Ethan Lowe

We have roster spots and cash in the bank. Im not going to get into the discussion of players we can buy the contracts out of. Ive picked three new players for the 17. All are off contract and two of them have already mildly been linked to us.

Im not sold on Liddle, and I doubt very much that anyone can be turned into an 80 minute player in the next six months. So Id give Liddle another full year in reserves and let him build up match fitness. Id want him to play 80 mins every week there.

Farah, Lawrence and ET are 80 min players which means we can play four forwards on the bench.

We finished 9th and in most seasons with our points would have made the finals. We had some massive wins in terms of importance and only got blown away twice. I think the barebones are there and its just tinkering this year.

Tagataese and Lowe arent world beaters, but are probably slightly better than the players we have let go.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Wont be that different to this year. All they need is some consistency and luck with injuries.

1 Mbye
2 Thomson
3 Marsters
4 Brian Kelly
5 Nofoloma
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
8 Matulino
9 Farah
10 Twal
11 Lawrence
12 Matterson
13 ET

14 Packer
15 Garner
16 Sam Tagataese
17 Ethan Lowe

We have roster spots and cash in the bank. Im not going to get into the discussion of players we can buy the contracts out of. Ive picked three new players for the 17. All are off contract and two of them have already mildly been linked to us.

Im not sold on Liddle, and I doubt very much that anyone can be turned into an 80 minute player in the next six months. So Id give Liddle another full year in reserves and let him build up match fitness. Id want him to play 80 mins every week there.

Farah, Lawrence and ET are 80 min players which means we can play four forwards on the bench.

We finished 9th and in most seasons with our points would have made the finals. We had some massive wins in terms of importance and only got blown away twice. I think the barebones are there and its just tinkering this year.

Tagataese and Lowe arent world beaters, but are probably slightly better than the players we have let go.
I like that team particularly if Reynolds is 100% fit coz we can’t afford to carry Benji for another season.I was quite surprised when he was re-signed coz he looks shot.

I also agree & prefer Packer to b coming off the bench from where he will b most effective.

No doubt we r just a few astute signings from being a top 8 team.

tiger102

Juniors

1 Mbye
2 Thomson
3 Marsters
4 Brian Kelly
5 Nofoloma
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
8 Matulino
9 Farah
10 Twal
11 Lawrence
12 Matterson
13 ET

14 Packer
15 Garner
16 Sam Tagataese
17 Ethan Lowe

I don't think we can have small wingers, Thomson gets manhandled by the opposition when he brings ball back, and Nofo is but a bit so-so at times as well. Maybe someone like Jonas Pearson or Tyronne Roberts-Davies both around the six-foot mark and both are fast which we need badly. I thought Kelly was staying at manly? Like the rest of the team.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think we can have small wingers, Thomson gets manhandled by the opposition when he brings ball back, and Nofo is but a bit so-so at times as well. Maybe someone like Jonas Pearson or Tyronne Roberts-Davies both around the six-foot mark and both are fast which we need badly. I thought Kelly was staying at manly? Like the rest of the team.

Our wingers haven't really been the problem though have they. Thompson and Nofo are two of our better players. When you see the backlines of the top teams though they have better quality players. We just need some class players. I think our centres are probably the best area to improve.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Watching teams in the finals I get that. Pretty much all the top 4 sides have 2 6ft 100kg+ wingers.

Thompson plays well above his weight, his runs out of our end are great. Sometimes a smaller guy with great acceleration is better then a big guy who needs to wind up. He is also and expert finisher, solid defender and surprisingly safe under the high ball.

We all know Nofas strengths and weaknesses, don’t need to go over them.

Both are good level NRL wingers however perhaps having both in the same team isn’t ideal. One of them plus a Tupou/Lee/Mamaulo type would probably work better.

I’ve thought Thompson should be given a go at left center. He couldn’t be any worse then Kev or Fonua.

Shredder

Juniors
My team came from the frame of reality.

In reality we have two NRL quality wingers. Yeah they have deficiencies, but they are both NRL quality.

Its the centres that we need to spend some money on.

Our wingers typically ONLY get the ball from dummy half. Once we have centre sorted we can worry about who gets the ball next.

And Thomson is only an inch smaller than Addo Carr.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Depends on what you are measuring Shredder when you refer to an inch. I have stood next to both and Addo-Carr looks taller.

gordsy

Juniors
Our wingers haven't really been the problem though have they. Thompson and Nofo are two of our better players. When you see the backlines of the top teams though they have better quality players. We just need some class players. I think our centres are probably the best area to improve.

When guys like Nofo are one of your better players then you know your recruitment needs work. We need to stop chasing big money signings thinking they will make us great and look for guys like Twal,. Matterson etc. Just not on huge money of course.

Shredder

Juniors
Agree Gordsy, Nofo has always looked our best player. But he has generally been surrounded by shit, or else been coached by Sheens who had a game plan that suited him.

He looks more out of his depth in our current team with our more structured defence.

Tiger05

First Grade
When guys like Nofo are one of your better players then you know your recruitment needs work. We need to stop chasing big money signings thinking they will make us great and look for guys like Twal,. Matterson etc. Just not on huge money of course.

I agree. We need to focus on a couple of things which I think Cleary is doing:-

1. Managing the cap.
2. Developing a good squad.

It all comes down to recruitment and retention. Last year we lost 3 supposedly top players. The reality is that only the Turd is a top player. We tend to overpay players like Benji, Robbie and Woods and others like Moses and Brooks and we need to turn that process around. Now Brooks is to me definitely worth what he is on now but we've overpaid Packer and probably Reynolds.

The thing is Nofo and Thompson to me are players that can fill a first grade spot and do it pretty well. If you watched Saints yesterday their forwards - mainly Sims and Frizell - just tore Brisbane apart. I think our focus needs to be on our pack and our centres. I'm not sure if Marsters is going to make it as a centre and Fonua already looks too slow defensively.

If we get Matterson I think our edge forwards are decent but we need an impact middle forward and we might need two centres.

Marsters might come good but he needs to work on his defence and develop some consistency in his attack. Fonua is a weapon at times but we can't carry a guy who is always going to get caught out defensively. Maybe play Fonua as an impact prop.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I like the fact u left out the useless slug Eisenhuth although Garner must b in the 17.

I would like to see this next year :
Eisensloth,Rochow,McQueen all to ISP permanently....
Taylor to the bench.
Packer to the bench...Twal Doll starting prop.
Fonua ISP Cup

Ryan Matterson to start.....where ever forwards or centre.

Cross our fingers 2 exciting juniors come to the fore.

Latest posts