What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team by outstanding performance

RABK

Referee
Talking about Wendell Sailor's dominant game in the 2001 semi's against the Dragons got me thinking of what a team would look like based on dominant performances...one evry 3 year performances.

So something like this....

1- Luke Phillips (2000 Grand Final vs Broncos)
2- Adam MacDougall (2001 vs Warriors)
3- Nigel Vagana (2002 vs Rabbitohs)
4- Jamie Lyon (2003 vs Sharks)
5- Wendell Sailor (2001 semi vs Dragons)
6- Brad Fittler (2000 Preliminary vs Knights)
7- Andrew Johns (2001 vs Broncos)
8- Mark O'meley (2004 vs Knights)
9- Danny Buderus (2004 vs Broncos)
10- Matt Parsons (2001 Grand Final vs Eels)
11- Gorden Tallis (2000 Grand Final)
12- Nathan Hindmarsh (2004 vs Tigers) were he made 59 tackles & 19 hit ups
13- Ben Kennedy (2001 preliminary final vs Sharks)

That gives you an idea of what i mean, it's late so i probally didn't come up with the best selections. So just a game from a player in each position and name the game beside the player, by all means even write why you picked that game.

Be interesting to remember some of the great dominant performances of players.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Could you fit any more bloody Knights in?

Francis Meli vs. Dogs in the 2003 Qualifying final would have to go pretty close wouldn't he?

Raider_69

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Could you fit any more bloody Knights in?

please dont tempt him, im sure he could :lol:

too late at knight for this sort of thinking for me, have a think about it and see what i come up with tomorrow

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol:
good to see you picked up on my rather cleaver (for this time of the night) pun

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Lyon doesnt deserve to be in their playing against a 4 man sharks outfit in 2003. other players who might deserve to be in their are shannon nevin for his effort in the grand final 96 or 97 , luke covell vs cowboys this year at toyota, brett hodgson vs bulldogs @ central coast last year, ben kennedy and billy peden in grand final 01 , nathan brown for a game in 95\96 at kogarah where he scored the winning try against the bulldogs from dummy half , brett kimmorley for any game he played in 04 and 03 for the kangeroos , ET for a match against great britain where he shoulder charged offiah into touch.

Mr Saab

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Lyon doesnt deserve to be in their playing against a 4 man sharks outfit in 2003.

agreed.
Wow, there is a brain up there in your head!

Tallis 2000 GF? he had an avg game.

I would put Tallis 2000 semi vs the eels 2000

Lockyer (2004 tri series final)

perverse

Referee
joey should be in there for the knights match vs. the roosters in 2001. can't remember which one.. but he got completely knocked out coming into a tackle in the first 10 minutes... stumbled up the field a while in a complete daze... went on the score 3 tries and kick nearly every goal. it was by far the most amazing display from a player i've ever seen. i'm pretty sure the roosters went in as favourites too.

if anyone can find a match report or anything on this game it would be appreciated, i've had a quick look around but can't find it.. hell im not even sure it was 2001, but im sure someone else around here remembers that game.

as for the other positions... i think this thread should take a long long time to come up with 17 players, because there have been so many freakish performances from a lot of players over the years..

gregstar

Referee
luke covell 2004 round 1 against st vincents wheelchairoes
1 tackle & 1 goal - best of his career

RufusRex

Post Whore
A few moments stick in my mind ... Dragons fan here so that slants my objectivity slightly

#3 - Mark Gasnier - 05 Dragons vs Roosters - 3 tries, 3 line breaks, 2 try assists
#4 - Matt Cooper - 04 Dragons vs Panthers - Illawarra Heritage Game last year
#6 - Mundine vs Sharks - 99 Semi Final
#8 - Luke Bailey - His SOO debut
#11 - Clint Newton - 05 Knights vs Panthers i think - the knights first win this year
#13 - Ben Kennedy - Grandfinal vs Eels 2001? - he was the CC medal winner in my opinion - he destroyed the eels

Latest posts