What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team by outstanding performance

Mr Saab

Referee
Bring back John Fifita said:
Ossie actually had his best ever game, an IMO the best ever game by a front rower ever against Canterbury on a Saturday arvo at Kogarah back in about 1989-90, Saints won 32-2 and Ossie was unstoppable, literally. I wouldn't nominate Ossie on his 94GF performance, 2 brilliant passes isn't justification enough. On the Canterbury game he would be first picked (Does anyone remember it? Ricky Walford scored all the points except for a try by Ossie).

But much to my behest, Tawera Nikau won the game in the Second half for the Storm in 99. He should be in the squad.

yes i remember that game! I have a tape of windfield cups greatest moments and it highlights that game. But, it is all about Woolford and his 28 points and shows nothing of Osborne unfortunately. It was 1989 i think.

Charlie Saab said:
yes i remember that game! I have a tape of windfield cups greatest moments and it highlights that game. But, it is all about Woolford and his 28 points and shows nothing of Osborne unfortunately. It was 1989 i think.

Yes!!!! But no Ossie? Damn Shame. It was like a Red & White Bowling Ball vs Blue & White Tenpins all game. And when they could slow him down he'd offload to support in his unmistakable scooping Ossie action. It was berserk.

SpaceMonkey said:
Can't believe nobody's mentioned Tawera Nikau in the '99 GF.
Totally agree , in the 2nd half he inspired the whole melb side.His outstanding performance was nearly overshadowed by Mundine's inept performance

Raider_69

Post Whore
hgaha yea fair enough but you gotta admit BBJF, those two ossie offloads were pretty special :D

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Darren Lockyer (fullback) in the 2002 semi against the Roosters. The Roosters were at their peak at this stage, and completley dominated the Broncos everywhere on the park. Except, of course, Lockyer. He single-handedly kept the Broncos in the match, and at the end of the day it was only Bill Harrigan's lopsided penalty count that got the Roosters over the line.

I can't think of any better performance on a team that not only lost, but was otherwise completely and utterly dominated.

RABK

Referee
I can't think of any better performance on a team that not only lost, but was otherwise completely and utterly dominated.

Luke Phillips - 2000 Grand Final

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Luke Phillips - 2000 Grand Final
But you never got the sense (or I didn't, anyway) that Phillips was going to single-handedly win the match. With Lockyer I did.

Latest posts