What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for 2016

Tigers Tale

Juniors
This thread is just on 5 months old now....so what is your team for the year and round one based on trial form and the vacancies left by players leaving?

Vic Mackey

Referee
What I think will be Taylors full strength 17:

1. Tedesco
2. Hunt
3. Simona
4. Naquima
5. Nofoaluma
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Grant
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Sironen
12. Lawrence
13. Sue

14. Cherrington
15. Halatau
15. Seumanufangi
17. Aloiai/Edwards/Lovett

What I think we'll see Round 1 due to injuires and suspensions:

1. Tedesco
2. Rankin
3. Simona
4. Naquima
5. Nofolauma
6. Moses
7. Littlejohn
8. Grant
9. Cherrington
10. Woods
11. Sironen
12. Lawrence
13. Sue

14. Liddle
15. Seumanufangi
16. Aloiai
17. Lovett

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I think most of us are going to come up with a very similar team. My three areas of concern are; goal kicking, who will be the kicker and will we have to put up with a lesser player just because they can kick. We are probably going to lose more than we win this year but I'd be upset to lose two or three games due to goal kicking.

My other concerns are second row and wing. I'd like to see Addo-Carr get a run. Sure he is untried and maybe suspect in his defence but we are not likely going to out defend teams this year so lets see if we can out score them.

A question I have to everyone is "Can Edwards defend better than Sironen?" If the answer is yes I think Edwards might be a better option than Sironen in the back row. Sironen is good for one or at best two good runs in a game and then we have to put up with his average defence. Edwards isn't a world better in attack but right now either is Sironen so I'd be looking for Edwards defence to strengthen the team.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I wouldn't change much from the team that Vic Mackey posted but I'd also have Addo-Carr on the wing.

At the moment I'd also definitely have Aloiai on the bench.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'd rather see Griffin on the bench over Lovett. He can play 2nd row as well so handy to have him there to fill in at prop/lock or 2nd row.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was interested to hear Taylor say he disappointed that Jesse Parahi got injured before the first trial as he was in contention for round 1. Must have been really impressing at training if that's the case.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The problem is that we won't sign anyone to replace him. We fall into this long habit of shedding players and not signing anyone. Our backrow is still in shambles after Fulton/Thomson/Blair all left...

IMO our backrow has caused problems ever since the injuries and loss of Dwyer and Ellis,others may have performed from time to time as individuals but as a whole and combination the players used have not been dominant in A&D.

Tigerted

Juniors
Without a doubt the weakest backrow in NRL & extremely thin overall re forward depth.Dont c anything but a long winter for us WT fans .

magpie guy

Juniors
Was interested to hear Taylor say he disappointed that Jesse Parahi got injured before the first trial as he was in contention for round 1. Must have been really impressing at training if that's the case.

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing how he went.