What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team & Local Juniors

Jason Maher

Immortal
Not including Souths-Logan but including Riverina area...

1. Josh Dugan (Tuggeranong Knights)
2. Sami Sauiluma (Woden Valley Rams)
3. Jarrad Croker (Goulburn Stockman)
4. Joel Monaghan (Erindale College, cant find a junior club)
5. Michael Robertson (Valley Dragons)
6. Terry Campese (Queanbeyan Blues)
7. Todd Carney (Goulburn Stockman)
8. Michael Weyman (Moruya Sharks)
9. Glenn Buttriss (Cootamundra Bulldogs)
10. Brett White (Cooma Colts)
11. Joe Picker (Goulburn Stockman)
12. Joel Thompson (Forbes Magpies)
13. Jack Wighton (Orange JRL, cant find a particular club)

14. Sam Williams (Cooma Colts)
15. Paul Vaughan (Gungahlin Bulls)
16. Mark Nicholls (Valley Dragons)
17. Trevor Thurling (Queanbeyan Blues)

Hooker stinks and the bench is pretty average outside of Vaughan and Williams but i think that side would do ok.

When did Orange, Forbes, Goulburn, and Moruya become part of the Riverina?

anjado

Juniors
1. Matt Moylan
2. Lachlan Coote
3. Michael Jennings
4. Ben Pomeroy
5. Matthew Wright
6. Blake Austin
7. Peter Wallace
8. Tim Grant
9. Craig Gower
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Justin Horo
12. Luke Lewis
13. Wade Graham

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Joseph Paulo
16. Jeff Lima
17. Mitchell Allgood

He said kids that were graded by the clubs. Don't remember Anasta actually playing any lower grade matches for Souths but I could be wrong

If we're going by that criteria

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Sam perrett
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Roger Tuivasa Sheck
6. Jamie soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Martin Kennedy
9. Jake friend
10. David shillington
11. Aidan guerra
12. Mitch Aubusson
13. Boyd Cordner

14. Frank Paul Nuuausala
15. Michael Crocker
16. Sisa waqa
17. Tom Symonds

Noa

First Grade
Parra produce tons of quality juniors, have one of the largest fan bases, a good stadium to play out of and one of the strongest sporting brands in Australia. Don't blame everyone else because your club is so mismanaged that it is still performing completely sh*thouse despite having so much going for it.

Parra only "produce" tonnes of juniors because there geographical location contains hundreds of thousands of people who have an inclination to support the game. They don't though live there because of the eels but rather socioeconomic forces dictate they live there.

Which is why this whole " we produce the most juniors" is a red-herring. Who cares where th juniors come from but celebrate the fact there coming from somewhere.

Misty is just pissed they continually sign the wrong ones.

Loudstrat

Coach
Parra produce tons of quality juniors, have one of the largest fan bases, a good stadium to play out of and one of the strongest sporting brands in Australia. Don't blame everyone else because your club is so mismanaged that it is still performing completely sh*thouse despite having so much going for it.
Whats that got to do with this mooted marquee allowance you f*cking gimp????????

Perth Red

Post Whore
WC Pirates

3. Curtis Rhona
4. Bryson Goodwin
5. Bronx Goodwin
6. Daniel Holdsworth
11. Cory Patterson
12. Jon Green
13. Lee Te Mari

Bench
I'll give Bulldogs a crack from the top of my head so I could be wrong on some

1 Barba
2 Idris
3 SBW
4 Lafai
5 Utai
6 Reynolds
7 Thurston
8 Kasiano
9 Luke
10 Mason
11 Jackson
12 Myles
13 Anasta

14 Asotasi
15 Finucane
16 Maitua
17 Sezer

Would beat the Parra team hands down
Barba is a queenslander,SBW is a kiwi,Lafai is a wests junior,Reynolds a steeler junior,Thurston is a quenslander,Kasiano a kiwi,Luke a kiwi,Mason a knight,Jackson a mudgee/knights junior,Myles a queenslander,Anasta a souths junior,Asotasi a kiwi,Maitua a souths junior and Finucaine may not be a junior either as he came from bega,not so good really.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
depends how you define it... does papalii and milford count for us as a junior? Been in the club's system since 15, albeit located at Souths Logan. What about QBN?

If you count system, rather than bloke born and raised in Canberra, we'd be one of the top 4 comfortably... would still need a hooker :lol:

If its just those born in the ACT, we'd have an absolute spud of a team, with a few decent stars like sauiluma (Woden Rams i think), Dugan (Tuggies Knights), Vaughan (Gungahlin Bulls) and Campese (QBN Blues)

We get most of our elite talent from places 50-100km outside of Canberra. Guys like Carney,

Technically even Campo doesn't fit that criteria, pretty sure he was born in Queanbeyan.

But yeah I agree with you.

dogslife

Coach
Barba is a queenslander,SBW is a kiwi,Lafai is a wests junior,Reynolds a steeler junior,Thurston is a quenslander,Kasiano a kiwi,Luke a kiwi,Mason a knight,Jackson a mudgee/knights junior,Myles a queenslander,Anasta a souths junior,Asotasi a kiwi,Maitua a souths junior and Finucaine may not be a junior either as he came from bega,not so good really.
They're juniors using Loudtard's criteria

Lambretta

First Grade
What comp are you looking at? Not quite unfortunately :lol:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-2153-0-0-0&a=CLUBS

Thanks Adam - that's what I was looking for. I thought the league I found looked really short. I remembered teams in Kensington etc but couldn't find details in the short time I had available

There are 22 clubs named there - eight of them are in the Eastern Suburbs and another two that cross the border of Anzac Parade on both sides. One other club is in the Inner West.

What irks me is that kids who live in the Eastern suburbs play in the South Sydney juniors comp and grow up supporting Souths (Coogee, Randwick, Kensington, Maroubra). Not having players in the NRL isn't an issue because teams buy players from all over and it's not that important. What really DOES matter is the support teams can rely on and Easts would be a much bigger team if their supporter base hadn't been handed to another team.

I only hope that we keep Newtown as our feeder club and that the Jets affiliated juniors club are considered to be a Roosters junior club rather than a Souths one. Having our supporter base grow into the Inner West would be a real boost to our club.

BOMAR

Juniors
1. Matt Moylan
2. Lachlan Coote
3. Michael Jennings
4. Ben Pomeroy
5. Matthew Wright
6. Blake Austin
7. Peter Wallace
8. Tim Grant
9. Craig Gower
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Justin Horo
12. Luke Lewis
13. Wade Graham

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Joseph Paulo
16. Jeff Lima
17. Mitchell Allgood

Lambretta

First Grade
I was just wondering what Junior Rugby League sides there are where I live (Pymble)

I knew about the Asquith Magpies but have just discovered the Lane Cove Tigers and the Berowra Wallabies

There are currently 7 teams and most of the ones currently in existence today have folded and been reformed over the years.

They're affiliated to North Sydney and would be connected to the Central Coast Bears if they ever return. To be honest I think I've only ever seen one kid in a Rugby League kit in the seven years I've lived up this way.

Every weekend during the season I see girls in netball kits and lads in soccer and AFL strips and occasionally Rugby Union. The team I see the most supporter gear for is the Sydney Swans. This part of the North Shore is becoming almost exclusively soccer or AFL at junior level. It's a f**king tragedy.

rls2002

Juniors
He said kids that were graded by the clubs. Don't remember Anasta actually playing any lower grade matches for Souths but I could be wrong

Anasta was a Souths Junior he played lower grades Sg ball Flegg for South Sydney And his junior Club was Maroubra Lions who are a Souths Juniors, Junior League Club