What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team & Local Juniors

rls2002

Juniors
Blake Ayshford
Tom Symonds

Do we need any more talent than that?

Looking at the Souths Juniors comp there are eight teams listed

Coogee Dolphins (Eastern Suburbs)
Redfern All Blacks (Souths)
Moore Park (Eastern Suburbs)
Coogee Randwick (Eastern Suburbs)
Mascot (Souths)
La Parouse United (Souths)
Malabar South Eastern (Souths)
Maroubra Lions (Eastern Suburbs)

Half the South Sydney competition is in the Eastern Suburbs :lol:
When you add in Bondi, Clovelly, St Charles and Paddington into the mix Eastern Suburbs clubs outnumber South Sydney area clubs eight to four.

We should have taken over their area :p[/QUOTE

JUST TO BE CLEAR THE ROOSTERS HAVE 4 JUNIOR CLUBS ONLY
WHICH ARE BONDI UNITED, PADDINGTON WOOLLAHRA, CLOVELLY CROCS AND ST CHARLES.

Coogee Dolphins, Moore Park, Maroubra Lions, Coogee RandwicThese Clubs may b in the Eastern Suburbs but that does not make them Eastern Suburbs Clubs .

They are Souths Juniors Clubs... Regardless of where they are

Last edited:

rls2002

Juniors
Blake Ayshford
Tom Symonds

Do we need any more talent than that?

Looking at the Souths Juniors comp there are eight teams listed

Coogee Dolphins (Eastern Suburbs)
Redfern All Blacks (Souths)
Moore Park (Eastern Suburbs)
Coogee Randwick (Eastern Suburbs)
Mascot (Souths)
La Parouse United (Souths)
Malabar South Eastern (Souths)
Maroubra Lions (Eastern Suburbs)

Half the South Sydney competition is in the Eastern Suburbs :lol:
When you add in Bondi, Clovelly, St Charles and Paddington into the mix Eastern Suburbs clubs outnumber South Sydney area clubs eight to four.

We should have taken over their area :p[/QUOTE

JUST TO BE CLEAR THE ROOSTERS HAVE 4 JUNIOR CLUBS ONLY
WHICH ARE BONDI UNITED, PADDINGTON WOOLLAHRA, CLOVELLY CROCS AND ST CHARLES.

Coogee Dolphins, Moore Park, Maroubra Lions, Coogee RandwicThese Clubs may b in the Eastern Suburbs but that does not make them Eastern Suburbs Clubs .

They are Souths Juniors Clubs... Regardless of where they are

There are actually more than eight Souths Juniors Junior Clubs... U have no idea what you are going on about

Loudstrat

Coach
I was just wondering what Junior Rugby League sides there are where I live (Pymble)

I knew about the Asquith Magpies but have just discovered the Lane Cove Tigers and the Berowra Wallabies

There are currently 7 teams and most of the ones currently in existence today have folded and been reformed over the years.

They're affiliated to North Sydney and would be connected to the Central Coast Bears if they ever return. To be honest I think I've only ever seen one kid in a Rugby League kit in the seven years I've lived up this way.

Every weekend during the season I see girls in netball kits and lads in soccer and AFL strips and occasionally Rugby Union. The team I see the most supporter gear for is the Sydney Swans. This part of the North Shore is becoming almost exclusively soccer or AFL at junior level. It's a f**king tragedy.
So bloody true. And sad. North Shore has always been a Union stronghold but the amount of League coverage down there was always strong. Thats what happens when you take a strong and popular club from an area and refuse to reboot it.

rls2002

Juniors
Thanks Adam - that's what I was looking for. I thought the league I found looked really short. I remembered teams in Kensington etc but couldn't find details in the short time I had available

There are 22 clubs named there - eight of them are in the Eastern Suburbs and another two that cross the border of Anzac Parade on both sides. One other club is in the Inner West.

What irks me is that kids who live in the Eastern suburbs play in the South Sydney juniors comp and grow up supporting Souths (Coogee, Randwick, Kensington, Maroubra). Not having players in the NRL isn't an issue because teams buy players from all over and it's not that important. What really DOES matter is the support teams can rely on and Easts would be a much bigger team if their supporter base hadn't been handed to another team.

I only hope that we keep Newtown as our feeder club and that the Jets affiliated juniors club are considered to be a Roosters junior club rather than a Souths one. Having our supporter base grow into the Inner West would be a real boost to our club.

Newtown Jets are not A Roosters junior Club.. They are a souths juniors Club.. They only reason they are affilated with the roosters is because they are the Roosters NSW feeder club cause the Roosters chose to merge with them They are not and have never been affilated with the roosters. As i said before just because the clubs are in the Eastern Suburbs does not make them Eastern Suburbs clubs... They are all Souths Juniors Club

rls2002

Juniors
Thanks Adam - that's what I was looking for. I thought the league I found looked really short. I remembered teams in Kensington etc but couldn't find details in the short time I had available

There are 22 clubs named there - eight of them are in the Eastern Suburbs and another two that cross the border of Anzac Parade on both sides. One other club is in the Inner West.

What irks me is that kids who live in the Eastern suburbs play in the South Sydney juniors comp and grow up supporting Souths (Coogee, Randwick, Kensington, Maroubra). Not having players in the NRL isn't an issue because teams buy players from all over and it's not that important. What really DOES matter is the support teams can rely on and Easts would be a much bigger team if their supporter base hadn't been handed to another team.

I only hope that we keep Newtown as our feeder club and that the Jets affiliated juniors club are considered to be a Roosters junior club rather than a Souths one. Having our supporter base grow into the Inner West would be a real boost to our club.

Newtown Junior Jets is the old Tempe Iona Club then the Tempe Warriors then Newtown Warriors and then THe Newtown Junior Jets so they were and never will be an Easts Junior Club... Get an Idea of What you are talking about cause u have none

rls2002

Juniors

All of the Following are Souths Juniors, Junior League Clubs:

ALEXANDRIA ROVERS, BOTANY JUNIORS, COOGEE DOLPHINS, COOGEE RANDWICK WOMBATS, KENSINGTON SAINTS, KENSIGNTON UNITED, LAPEROUSE UNITED, MAROUBRA LIONS, MARICKVILLE RSL, MATRAVILLE TIGERS, MOORE PARK, NAVY, CAMPERDOWN DRAGONS, NEWTOWN JUNIOR JETS, REDFERN ALL BLACKS, SOUTH EASTERN, SOUTH SYDNEY MUSTANGS, MASCOT, ZETLAND.. they all play for souths juniors its not about where they are located its the Junior League they play for... Which is SOUTHS JUNIORS.

rls2002

Juniors

ALEXANDRIA ROVERS, BOTANY JUNIORS, COOGEE DOLPHINS, COOGEE RANDWICK WOMBATS, KENSINGTON SAINTS, KENSIGNTON UNITED, LAPEROUSE UNITED, MAROUBRA LIONS, MARICKVILLE RSL, MATRAVILLE TIGERS, MOORE PARK, NAVY, CAMPERDOWN DRAGONS, NEWTOWN JUNIOR JETS, REDFERN ALL BLACKS, SOUTH EASTERN, SOUTH SYDNEY MUSTANGS, MASCOT, ZETLAND.. they all play for souths juniors its not about where they are located its the Junior League they play for... Which is SOUTHS JUNIORS.

Do u Even Know y Easts Only have Junior Clubs... are u just talking rubbish ??????????

H.H

Juniors

Glad you specified Souffs juniors and not the seniors....right?

BranVan3000

Coach
Trent Merrin claims to have been a Souths junior and fan growing up, until we idiotically cut him, though he was also an Illawarra junior. So he's probably the number one player I'd like to have from our juniors that we don't have

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Boundaries were moved back in the 50s when half of South Sydney was industrial and thus had less of a population. The suburbs affected were Coogee and Randwick. The more recent problem arose when Easts weren't nurturing and supporting some of their juniors financially which lead to those clubs moving themselves into the Souths comp. Souths cannot be blamed for that. In this day and age with cars and public transport so readily available parents place their kids in the competition they want their kids to play in. Boundaries no longer have anything to do with it. If I was a parent and wanted my child to play for the Tigers one day I'd put them in the Leichhardt Juniors comp. Likewise if I wanted my child to play for Souths I'd put them into the Souths Juniors. Boundaries are no longer an argument that holds any worth.

Last edited:

rls2002

Juniors
That is, Soufss Juniors junirs...not juniors of the senior club.

Also, you understand why the boundary issue is constantly raised...right?

yes i do but boundaries have nothing to do with it... Its the junior league where the clubs play

A Stray Alien

Juniors
There are two types of juniors a junior to a club and a junior to the district eg ill yous A REYNOLDS he played for one of the Leichhardt clubs from the age of 7 till the age of 14/15 so is a junior to that club but not the district he goes to souths and tries out for harold mats or sg Ball and makes the team but a rule states that being from out of district and making the team he has to play for a souths club so he plays for Alex Rovers for two seasons witch makes him a junior to the district as he is a rep player. so i no at souths at 16 you become a junior to the district after 2 seasons its a district rule other districts may change a bit but not mutch.id say T merrin also did this