What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team to play Manly

Fordy20

Juniors
We're over halfway through the season and the board still hasn't offered him anything.

I starting to think all you nay-sayers will be getting your wish with the mighty Toddy Payten taking over next year.

TYGA

Juniors
How did we let Koro and Big T go this year surely someone could have played centre better than Lawrence and Lulia. I am baffled at the suicide we are committing each week. Lawrence lets in 2-3 tries a week, makes 3-5 errors and Lulia offers nothing. Lawrence runs like a cartoon character his legs move yet he stands still.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
It should never have happened Tyga but there is no point crying over spilt milk.

The positives are that injuries have given opportunities to the likes of Austin, Moses and Lodge. If these fringe players can stand up over the next 2 months then there is great reason to expect finals this year and beyond.

There is at least 8 top 25 players unavailable this week
Anasta
Sue
Teddy
Moltzen
Thompson
Patterson
Simona
Rowe

Manly are missing Glenn Stewart and Watmough only.

It won't be a level playing field on Friday

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
It's like the sky is f**king falling. We have won more games than we have lost this season. If that isn't success then I don't know what is. This weeks team is f**king fantastic, I couldn't be more happy. 4 BIG, STRONG, HIGH-IMPACT props on the Bench. A tackling machine in Halatau, as well as 2 other strong players in Blair & Sironen. In that vein, there are 2 massive weak links in the squad.

3. Keith Lulia
4. Chris Lawrence

But in all honesty, I agree with these selections. Both players f**king suck. But we have nobody else given the circumstances. The club stupidly let Koroibete go, Simona & Rowe are injured, and the blokes in reggies ie. Fine & Taukafa have hardly set the world on fire. We are going well given the circumstances, and with Farah and Woods back along with our biggunt bench I am quietly confident we can do Manly on Friday. However, our centres desperately need to be fixed. DESPERATELY. They are our weakest links by a f**king mile. A great cause for concern leading into the finals, but not something we need to lose our heads about just yet, given the options.

Tiger05

First Grade
I also don't see the centres as a huge issue right now. I'm more concerned about getting the spine right and having a big pack. That way we are in with a chance.

We need speed out wide though and getting rid of Koro was to me stupid. If we had Simona and Koro on the left side all season we would have scored a lot more points.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well no, because they'd be relying on Anasta to get them the ball quickly & with space.

Anasta can't do that. He was coached as a kid to play flat & thats all he knows.

gordsy

Juniors
Moses
Richards
Simona
Nofo
Silas/Fine/ Anyone who can tackle
Austin
Brooks

Woods
Farah
Blair
Ava
Sue
Lodge

Gavet
Taupau
Halatau
Galloway

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our team to play Manly isn't a whole lot worse than the team we beat them with last game:

Austin replaces Anasta - Positive
Halutau replaces Bodene - Positive
Lulia replaces Simona - Negative
Sironen replaces Fulton - Negative
Moses replaces Tedesco - Neutral (due to Teddy playing injured and missing half the game)
Lodge replaces Sue - Neutral (not sure if he will make less or more of impact yet)

Bench
Well no, because they'd be relying on Anasta to get them the ball quickly & with space.

Anasta can't do that. He was coached as a kid to play flat & thats all he knows.

Anasta plays on the right,Brooks on the left.

Wazzaone

Juniors
Moses five eight. Gavet in for Galloway. Sironen for Lawrence. Austin fullback. Lulia out and Halatau to centre.
They'd have to better than the ones listed.
Manly by 40 with the team Potter's selected. One thing is certain it won't be a repeat of the first round,
Wazzaone

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Halatau at centre, i say no.

If you want to replace Lulia or Lawrence because they are slow and have poor hands, then you need to do better than Halatau.

Is it our financial position that prevents the promotion of others while rubbish players like Lulia and Lawrence keep getting picked regardless of how sh*t they are ?

macnaz

Staff member
Battle of our plodders.. I predict Lulia offers more then Lawrence tonight, has more to his game I think.

. A good game plan set around our good forward pack can still win this, but a) will we have a gameplan b) can the team play to it c ( will we get hammered by the ref and injuries to prevent any chance we have.
Im backing c)

innsaneink

Referee
Hard enough when you are average let alone have refs against you and an 18 point turn around in only 40 minutes

Pezz70

Juniors
Can't blame the refs for sh*te defense, the forwards have to get the attackers on their backs it kills us every week, not to mention the very ordinary edge defence. They are just getting too many back to back quick play the balls, our line has not been set all night. Why the hell does Lawrence keep flying out of the line??

macnaz

Staff member
Its a game of momentum and confidence , dud calls and basic mistakes took both away , not to mention having injuries and a backline unable to offer anything special to get us miracle points. Nofu is all we have , the guy is friggin awesome .

Latest posts