What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v Manly?

knights_86

Juniors
gids
mcmanus
sau
maddog
uate
ndaira
dureau
taufua
de gois
cross
house
taia
hilder

karawana
natusch
faaso
wicks

Serc

First Grade
The more I think of it, the more I'd like gidley at 5/8 for this game. His defence in the front line will be a definate plus, as well as he'd be the best play maker in the team atm behind Deueau. not sure about fullback as I haven't seen Mata'utia play, Mcmanus may be an option as he is safe as houses under the kick, is great in defence and brings the ball back strongly.

I now have an idea of what to do with the 5/8'th position BIHK, not a bad idea mate...I'll take it a bit further:

I wonder if we can play Gidley at FB in defence and 5/8 in attack, name one of our backrowers at 5/8th and carry Hilder and Ndaira on the bench? We certainly could be as desperate this weekend like the Penrith game last year to feel the need to try the 'dual Gidley role' again.

GO ROVER!

Serc

First Grade
Good point that - now that I think about it, we're as thin on backrowers (with Pato possibly out) as we are on props.

I think I'm gonna need a list of our top 25 to try and compile a team for this week!

We might have to bring back Youngy for a few hitups a game if this keeps up - lol

General Knight

Juniors
I'm starting to warm to Gidley at 5/8th and Mata'utia at fullback..

How much do you think we'd lose with Mata'utia at the back though? Is it worth moving Gidley for him to come in?

I've never seen the kid play but alot of you guys seem to have big wraps on him.

If thats the case do we really need to move Kidley from fullback to fit him in? Perhaps we could do:

1. Gidley
6. Hilder/Karawana
7. Dureau
9. Degois

14. Mata'utia

When Pete comes on (most likely for De Gois) he plays fullback, Kidley shifts to 5/8th and Hilder or Karawana to hooker or even have 2 fullbacks on at the same time.

I think Kidley is starting to get a little bit too predictable now or perhaps its cause he still lacking match fitness. Either way when he comes in at first or second receiver he doesnt seem to be as effective as he use to be I don't know if its cause the opposition know to pay more attention to him now or have figured him out but he definitely doesnt look as dangerous compared to last year.

We lose that sweeping or supporting player when he plays receiver. Perhaps have Pete play fb and tail kidley on the field while kidley plays his usual roving role?

Gidley
Jimmy
Doogs
Sau
Uate
Waltzing
Dureau
Cross
DeGois
Tuafua
Pato
House
Taia

Hilder
Faas
Timmy
Wicks

Hilder at 5/8 would tighten the ruck immensely and give Scotty a breather in defence. Matt has the ability to make it work for now as a strong ball runner and defender. Rogers is a myth. I was wrong about that guy. He is a joke. Time for DE Gois to be an 80 minute man.

Liam

Juniors
Gidley
Jimmy
Doogs
Sau
Uate
Waltzing
Dureau
Cross
DeGois
Tuafua
Pato
House
Taia

Hilder
Faas
Timmy
Wicks

Hilder at 5/8 would tighten the ruck immensely and give Scotty a breather in defence. Matt has the ability to make it work for now as a strong ball runner and defender. Rogers is a myth. I was wrong about that guy. He is a joke. Time for DE Gois to be an 80 minute man.

Hilder is so good he can start and come off the bench.

Frederick

Staff member
The Herald this morning listed Mullo as an outside chance.

And Pato is 50/50 at this stage, but at most will only miss one game

Pika

Bench
Yeah, it was positive news for Patto.

Mullo is going well. Not sure if he is going to be ready by the weekend.

It would be great to see 6. Mullo, 7. Scoot, but I get this terrible feeling if he is right to go we may see the 6. Rogers, 7. Mullo combo again.

That would be tragic!

Frederick

Staff member
He couldn't honestly not pick Dureau after how he's performed in Mullos absence...could he? :|

macavity

Referee
Smithy could do anything.

might pick crossy at 7, who freaking knows.

Rogers should be stamped never to play FG.

Karmawave

Bench
It would be great to see 6. Mullo, 7. Scoot, but I get this terrible feeling if he is right to go we may see the 6. Rogers, 7. Mullo combo again.

That would be tragic!

That would be tragic yes. The greatest ammunition a non Dureau fan would ever need, but tragic just the same.

Joker's Wild

Coach

That would be tragic!

Should I get my flaming torch and pitch fork ready for the lynching of Manor Smith?

Latest posts