What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v Manly

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Long field kicking is going to suffer with out a doubt. Pearce put in sonpearler kicks early season to get us out of trouble. To flip that, again the lads need to have high intensity kick chase going for 80minutes.

There’s just no denying the amount of intensity they have to run and tackle with whilst Pearce is out will be immense.

Footy commentators already have us back playing for the spoon. Use that. f**ken run with it and prove them wrong.

Spot On

Coach
On the flip side, we could possibly force more repeats sets. That is a fault/weakness with Pearce's kicking game. We will probably need repeat sets too with decreased attacking polish in the good ball areas. Will help us stay in the game longer too.

macavity

Referee
Not concerned with Watson's kicking game, Ponga can take some of the load there. We need halves that will hold their own in defence, and challenge the line.

Lamb quite clearly struggles with both of those things.

I think we probably see Cogger/Watson until Pearce is back.

I don't think we will re-sign Lamb.

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Shaun Kenny Dowell
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Nathan Ross
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Herman Ese'ese
9.Slade Griffin
10.Jacob Lillyman
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Luke Yates
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Chris Heighington

Old dog

Juniors
Last season he was going well according to the majority on here and with Cogger was looking like leaving and the cry went out "keep him, we need him" now it's all get rid of, hope someone signs him etc.
No thought of backup, no thought of circumstances, a few start on him and he is suddenly the new Sione.
We have Lamb and Cogger for at least this season, we will need them so let's use them and hopefully get a few more wins, can't be easy to have someone come in and take over what might have been your position.
And yes his form has been down but he will come back.

macavity

Referee
Sione has never been as bad as alleged - he just has a few dedicated slaggers.

Lamb has never been as good as he was hyped to be. Not to say he can't play a role, or be a good footballer - but his form this year has been horrible.

A lot of pressure on Cogger to not drop his bundle, and on Watson to shed the 14 tag.

I was saying to a mate today - if we make the finals, Ponga probably wins the Dally M. He basically has to carry us creatively the next 10-16 weeks.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Realistically we need to aim up and concede a lot less points for the rest of the year cause we dont have as many in us with Pearcey injured.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I saw enough in Brock last year to think he can be a pretty good NRL standard footballer. We're all forgetting that last year he had the extremely unenviable job of running a side that was bottom of the comp for 3 straight years behind a pack of marshmallows and his halves partner was either a pot plant (Hodko) or a turnstile (Feeney) and I still thought he did a pretty good job considering.

He lacks speed and doesn't take the line on much but his strengths are his organising and short kicking and passing, he also has a great combo with Fitzy and put him through for a few tries last year.

He had a couple of bad games but he wasn't the only one, there were definitely others in the side who were lucky not to be dropped.

I reckon Brown needs to hand him the reigns and show some confidence in him. I also don't think Cogger deserves to be dropped after being part of the win on the weekend so I would like to see them team up in the halves for a few weeks, Connor can play off the bench and can come on at hooker or at 5/8 if the combo isn't working.