What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v roosters

voltron

Juniors
im pretty sure footage showed that dereau had injured his leg
well he had ice on his knee anyway
so i'm not sure what that was about
but geeze karma
we had a mediocre team on friday

very frustrating to watch
everything started to fall apart when our starting props came off

and whats the deal with wes anyway? is he playing second row?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If you want to use ' injury ' as an excuse - he shouldn't have played to start with.

He gave up chasing, he shirked his load to a team mate, and he dropped his bundle - which is something I've never once associated with Scott Dureau before Friday night.

Lack of ability - yes.

Half hearted and gives up - never.

I can't even say that anymore.

I can see why Smith replaced him after the ' effort ' on George Rose.

If you're already a passenger at full health, what do you expect when you're half fit.
He only played because he had to. In case you weren't aware, Gidley or Mullen weren't there (you know, the other two options we have in the halves, as much as we don't like Gids there?) Otherwise we just may have seen Wicks playing five-eight and Rogers halfback :crazy:

Karmawave

Bench
He only played because he had to. In case you weren't aware, Gidley or Mullen weren't there (you know, the other two options we have in the halves, as much as we don't like Gids there?) Otherwise we just may have seen Wicks playing five-eight and Rogers halfback :crazy:

Remember a bloke called Luke Walsh?

Who woulda thought he'd have played more first grade this year than Scott Dureau... Wasn't Walsh meant to be injury prone?

I've never known a coach or club anywhere in the world, to let go of a reserve in such a key position.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
FOUND IT! (the quote I was looking for)

I think we've got another Karma fail here...you had already been told a few times that he was injured coming into the game and it was obvious he was well below 100% later on in the 1st half. You ignored roopy's post which was two above yours and launched into your usual rant about how sh*t Dureau is.

Here's the quote from page 1 of this thread:

I don't think Dureau will play if Mullen can.
On ABC radio before the game they said he wouldn't have played if there was another option and had a quad tear.

And certainly looked like a quad problem as he was sitting on the bench with ice on it etc in the 2nd half.

I'd like to see you try to jog with an injury like that, let alone sprint after another player!

Karmawave

Bench
FOUND IT! (the quote I was looking for)

I think we've got another Karma fail here...you had already been told a few times that he was injured coming into the game and it was obvious he was well below 100% later on in the 1st half. You ignored roopy's post which was two above yours and launched into your usual rant about how sh*t Dureau is.

Here's the quote from page 1 of this thread:

And certainly looked like a quad problem as he was sitting on the bench with ice on it etc in the 2nd half.

I'd like to see you try to jog with an injury like that, let alone sprint after another player!

Another fail for me?! HAHAHA.

If we have to rely on a half injured Dureau playing for our team, who is to fail for letting our only other half option go from the club mid season?!

Coach, staff, management, Burro?!

Who?!

If a bloke plays injured, thats fine. But it shouldn't be offered up as an excuse for crap play.

You think Kurt Gidley may have played himself if it was a semi final?!

I just said above he was half fit. I know he was injured going in. We all knew that Serc. My point is, if he is a passenger when fully healthy, what chance was he to play well at half fitness?!

And how often do we hear players say " If I don't feel like I am fit enough to play, I won't because I don't want to let my team mates down ".

Offer it up as an excuse all you want, but nothing excuses half hearted efforts and shirking your load to your team mates. If you are declared fit to play - no excuses are required.

And somehow you want to blame all this on another Karma fail? You make a sport of it and a mockery of yourself everytime I'm accountable for something the Knights have failed at to begin with in letting our only other reserve go from the team. I'm not the one failing.

What other club in the competition plays with a depth chart of 3 halves?!

Yep Dureau wouldn't have played if there was another option. The other option was busy running around last night and taking his new team ahead of ours on the NRL table.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
The depth in the halves issue has been done before - we have Rogers/Mullo/Dureau and Gidley as well if required to play in the halves. I can't think of any other teams that have more depth (and quality depth at that) in the halves that hasn't had a bit of luck in those positions this year, like say the Dogs in 04 with Sherwin/Anasta/Thurston.

Speaking of fails and mockeries, I think its time to bump another thread ;-)

doggone

Juniors
Surely the team couldn't play that bad again. Seems to be a problem around the first interchange?? Something maybe to look at.

BG

Juniors
Hmm... seems that Mullo will be out for another week, but Rogers should be right.

I wonder if 1. McDonnell, 6. Rogers, 7. Gids will come under consideration.

Running game :thumn :mrgreen:

Kicking game #-o#-o#-o

Edit:
It would be something of a coincidence.
I just recalled that the win first time round against the Roosters last year featured:
1. Wes, 6. Bailey, 7. Gids

Last edited:

antonius

Coach
I'd promised myself I wouldn't get involved in any more of Karmas Dureau bashing threads, but really he's lost the plot in this thread.
LOL at Karma blaming Dureau for George Roses Try!! Plenty of blokes bigger than Dureau have suffered that fate this year. As for him being a dud in the game and giving up, well that's just Karmas' usual boring Dureau bashing surfacing again. Dureau was doing everything expected of a 7 till he surrendered to injury. We went backwards when our lightweight bench started to take the field. Plenty of blokes to take to task for that loss and Dureau isn't one of them. We went to sh*t straight after Rogers out on the full Kick, followed by Marvins dropped ball, then followed by a dozen more dropped balls. Don't blame Dureau for that. He had the team rolling till he succumed to the injury he carried into the game.

Oh yes I noticed your other whipping boy had a reasonable game too Karma. What was the reason behind that I wonder?

Add this question - why does it take 54 minutes for Corey Patterson to enter the game?

I was shocked at that myself.

Pretty pathetic.

1. Shannon
2. Jimmy.
3. Lulia.
4. Maddog.
5. Uate.
6. Rogers.
7. Kidley
8. Tafua.
9. Degois.
10. Faaoso.
11. Patterson.
12. Taia.
13. Hilder.

14. Wicks.
15. Timmy.
16. Mika.
17. Simpson.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I was shocked at that myself.

Pretty pathetic.

1. Shannon
2. Jimmy.
3. Lulia.
4. Maddog.
5. Uate.
6. Rogers.
7. Kidley
8. Tafua.
9. Degois.
10. Faaoso.
11. Patterson.
12. Taia.
13. Hilder.

14. Wicks.
15. Timmy.
16. Mika.
17. Simpson.

I think Jimmy is a couple of weeks off yet, at best. Pika said he may require surgery to remove some scar tissue and I hear rumblings that the chances he will need to go under the knife are very high.

So our injury list looks something like:

McManus
Tolar
Dureau
Mullen
Cross
Houston
Ciraldo
Gidley (in doubt)

ffffffffffaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Last edited:

MC DUI

Juniors
this will be the team
Brian smith will uze mullen of the bench
1. Gidley (C)
2. Vuna ( mcmanus isnt quite ready )
3. Sau
4. MacDougall
5. Uate
6. Rogers
7. Dureau
8. Taufua
9. De gois
10. Fa'asso
11. Simpson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Mullen ( not sure if brian smith will think hes 100 percent, this worked great for us at beggining of the season though .)
15. Tolar
16. Karawana (lucky)
17. Wicks
18th man - Paterson

WTF? How can you keep Karawana in the side over Paterson?

I'll refrain from picking a team, I've no idea who is injured these days....

Serc

First Grade
Its not as bad as it could be I reckon, the game plans involving Gidley vs the Roosters have been pretty good over the last 2 seasons :)

If he's picked at halfback i'm not gonna complain until I've seen the game, though of course Mullo may play yet as well.

CJG 182

Juniors
McDonnell
Vuna
Sau/LDoogs
Doogs
Uate/LDoogs
Mullen/Wicks
Gidley
Taufua
De Gois
Simpson
Paterson
Taia
Hilder

Fa'aoso
Natusch
Wicks/Ndaira
Mika

CJG 182

Juniors
Big Wixxie fancies himself as a half and I suspect he'd be less of a threat to the crowd with his kicking game. Why not.

Latest posts