What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams 2012 ;1,7,6,9 ?

user_nat

Coach
1. Hoffman/Beale
6. Hunt/Wallace/Norman/Hoffman
7. Wallace/Hunt
9. McCullough/Hunt

I'd like to see this combo trialled

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. Wallace

14. McCullough
Not sure if I like the idea of moving the 2 most experienced guys in the spine around. Might as well give it a go in a trial though.

I feel we probably have one of the weaker spines now that Lockyer is gone. Which sucks because we are pretty strong elsewhere.

Manly and Melbourne > the rest.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Dugan
6. Campese
7. Williams/McCrone
9. Who f**king knows, im hoping McIlwrick steps up and makes it his own

not the best, maybe even one of the worst right now

but if dugan and campese stay healthy, who ever is the halfback will be ok and McIlwrick has enormus potential at hooker

in 2 years and some injury free season, that spine has the talent to be considered one of the best in the league, as of right now, which is all that matters, our fullback is on an injury plagued season, our 5/8th played 8 minutes, our halfback is between an honest trier and a talented 2nd year dude and no one has a clue who our hooker is going to be

its not great

Special K

Coach
1. Gardner
6. Carney
7. Graham
9. De Gois

Is what we will start with but I would like to see us end up with

1. Gardner
6. Carney
7. Townsend
9. De Gois

With Graham in the backrow. No room for Kelly.. If only the NRL had trades

butchmcdick

Immortal
1) Bowen
6) Thurston/Thompson/Lui
7) Thurston/Lui
8) Payne/Segyaro

I am really pissed off we signed Lui and would like to think he won't be playing in the top grade next year buy in reality the club didn't sign him in the face of a shitstorm to play in the seconds.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
1. Barba
6. Reynolds/Romleo/Keating
7. Hodkinson
9. Ennis

Not the best, not the worst.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
1 Manly
2 Warriors
3 Melbourne
4 sharks
5 Roosters
6 Cowboys
Top 6 spines in the nrl!

I'd argue that half of them don't belong to be in that list.

I'd also say any team with Smith, Slater, Cronk would be #1, at least as far as spines go.

Roosters and Cowboys wouldnt be above say the Knights for sure. Debatable with Raiders, Dogs, Tigers too in my opinion. Well at least the Cowboys are debatable, the Roosters are no chance above any of them. Dugan, Campese, Berrigan?. Barba, Hodkinson, Ennis. Benji & Farah alone bring the Tigs above Pearce & Friend...

As for worst. Rabbitohs. By a mile.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
All teams are close full strength. We have close to the worst:
Coote
Burns
Walsh
Kingston

The 1 & 7 are reasonable. Walsh is very inconsistent. The others are useless. I have yet to read or hear anything to make me think this won't be our spine in round 1.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The eels spine could be something special. Sandow was obviously one of the best players in the comp last year. Ben Roberts a former test player and hayne slotting back into fullback. They could rack 50 points, but leak 52! I'm looking forward to see how they play.

gUt

Coach
Coote
Burns
Walsh
Kingston

The 1 & 7 are reasonable. Walsh is very inconsistent. The others are useless. I have yet to read or hear anything to make me think this won't be our spine in round 1.

I think Burns and Kingston aren't as bad as all that. Burns just needs to get the rubbish out of his game.

gUt

Coach
Not sure if I like the idea of moving the 2 most experienced guys in the spine around. Might as well give it a go in a trial though.

I feel we probably have one of the weaker spines now that Lockyer is gone. Which sucks because we are pretty strong elsewhere.

Manly and Melbourne > the rest.

Yep agreed. I reckon Wallace would make a great hooker but he's probably stuck in the halves.

mxlegend99

Referee
Coote
Burns
Walsh
Kingston

Walsh IMO is the worst in the spine. Personally i'd rather:

1. Gordon
6. Coote
7. Seijka
9. Kingston / Burns

Maybe Cleary can get Walsh to play more then 3 good games a season and to mix it up. But personally I think we're better off focusing on Coote, seijka and Austin in the halves. IMO theyre all more talented and have more variety in their games.

But Flash in the 1 will be a great start. He makes ~200m a game and creates opportunities regardless of the halves.

Latest posts