What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams 2012 ;1,7,6,9 ?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
All teams are close full strength. We have close to the worst:
Coote
Burns
Walsh
Kingston

The 1 & 7 are reasonable. Walsh is very inconsistent. The others are useless. I have yet to read or hear anything to make me think this won't be our spine in round 1.

Rubbish spine on paper that. I like Coote though.

Unless Cleary does something miraculous i see you guys struggling next year

shear_joy9

Coach
All teams are close full strength. We have close to the worst:
Coote
Burns
Walsh
Kingston

The 1 & 7 are reasonable. Walsh is very inconsistent. The others are useless. I have yet to read or hear anything to make me think this won't be our spine in round 1.

where is penrith's cap being spent?

you wouldn't want to spend more than 600k combined for those players

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah when the weakest player in the spine is Widdop who is still extremely talented, pretty young and already rep experienced. The Storm are definitely well off.

Slater and Smith are the best in their positions. Cronk is top 3 with easy. Widdop is harder to rank, but he could be the worst and Storm still have the best spine.

gUt

Coach
There are plenty of NRL clubs that Widdop would walk into at number 6, including the Broncos.

rabbitohs95

Bench
1. Nathan Merritt
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Issac Luke

Wouldn't have a clue bout Reynolds but we all know how the other three are capable or wreaking havoc on their day. And that's on their day. Hopefully Madge can make them play consistently week in week out.

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless Cleary does something miraculous i see you guys struggling next year

Yeah. I have the same fear. I know it's only early but the 1st press conference when asked if Cleary was going to chase Maloney he said. No we have our halves Travis & Luke. Gould said the same when asked about Carney. Hopefully someone puts there hand up to get picked

franklin2323

Immortal
But Flash in the 1 will be a great start. He makes ~200m a game and creates opportunities regardless of the halves.
In the Penrith Star the other week. He said both have good claims on the 1 jersey. Gordon is a handy winger played SOO. He needs to get the ball & doesn't want the fb doing too much work. Kind of like the Vatuvei role. Some times he had 2 touches a set. That could possibly work.

The problem is with Walsh only Soward has more try assists over the past 2 seasons. If your a new coach and get dvd highlights sent over. He will do some good stuff. The problem is the hospital passes & not running the ball in between. Maybe Cleary can fix that or someone else steps up.

franklin2323

Immortal
where is penrith's cap being spent?
Good question. since we finished 2nd we lost Pritchard, Waterhouse & Petero all we on $400k+. Yet other then upgrading of Jennings it's hard to see where it's gone. Either we are saving to make a play for Cronk or we are playing overs for a huge slab of the squad.

We have got no one of note in. Other then 2008 NYC has been terrible. No team in the club from 16's up last year made the semis. So it's not like we had juniors to lock up.

mxlegend99

Referee
In the Penrith Star the other week. He said both have good claims on the 1 jersey. Gordon is a handy winger played SOO. He needs to get the ball & doesn't want the fb doing too much work. Kind of like the Vatuvei role. Some times he had 2 touches a set. That could possibly work.

The problem is with Walsh only Soward has more try assists over the past 2 seasons. If your a new coach and get dvd highlights sent over. He will do some good stuff. The problem is the hospital passes & not running the ball in between. Maybe Cleary can fix that or someone else steps up.
Yeah and 99% of those try assists are from kicks. The only stat you can use to defend him is one that any player taking his share of kicks would enjoy similar (possibly even better) success IMO. He has had the odd game where he looked absolutely amazing, but for the most part he does absolutely nothing except kick and if it wasn't for some freakish backs (Coote specifically) turning them into tries then he would literally offer nothing except on those random weeks where he comes out and has a ripper.

We need a halfback that can create opportunities for our backs and doesn't wait till the last to put in a bomb or grubber and wait for one of his teammates to come up with a miracle try only for him to get credit at the end of the year for a bunch of try assists where his involvement was pretty minimal.

franklin2323

Immortal
We need a halfback that can create opportunities for our backs and doesn't wait till the last to put in a bomb or grubber and wait for one of his teammates to come up with a miracle
Agreed. You won't get an argument from me. If Cleary is happy with Walsh's game then we need the 5/8 creating stuff, takin on the line etc. Also get Walsh on the left to give Jennings, Lewis, Gordon the ball. Instead of right towards the tards

Agreed. I just stated why Walsh will stay at least for the 1st few games. Atleast Cleary will drop him if he goes ba

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
If we go with Burns and Walsh inthe halves all season i will track down gus and scalp the ugly prick.

Latest posts